Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Friend Activity Feed No Longer Updating

For some reason at least 7 of my friends that I follow no longer show the music they are listening to on the right sidebar as it says its been more than 3 or so days. I know this is a problem as I asked a few if them if they had actually listened to ...

• Roadie
  • For some reason at least 7 of my friends that I follow no longer show the music they are listening to on the right sidebar as it says its been more than 3 or so days. I know this is a problem as I as...
  • cosmowolfyt
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes

MacBook Playback Control Buttons not working

Got a new Macbook Pro a week or two ago. Installed Spotify. Imported all of my itunes library into itunes. Got the computer all set up the way i like it. now the playback control buttons (F7, F8, F9) don't control spotify. They control itunes if its ...

• Got a new Macbook Pro a week or two ago. Installed Spotify. Imported all of my itunes library into itunes. Got the computer all set up the way i like it.   now the playback control buttons (F7...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Takes Complete Control Over Bluetooth Speaker`

My Spotify App For Mac takes control of my bluetooth speaker such that if I stop playing something in Spotify (with the pause button) and try to play anything else, that other thing will not play over the bluetooth (won't play at all actually, silenc...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify App For Mac takes control of my bluetooth speaker such that if I stop playing something in Spotify (with the pause button) and try to play anything else, that other thing will not play ove...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help, songs wont play on desktop and says "This song is not available"

I'm having trouble playing songs on my desktop (Mac). I can play any song on my phone but they wont play on my computer and it will say "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Some songs still can play b...

• I'm having trouble playing songs on my desktop (Mac). I can play any song on my phone but they wont play on my computer and it will say "This song is not available. If you have the file on your compu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help please!

Someone knows how can I add a hiperlink in my playlist description?

• Roadie
  • Someone knows how can I add a hiperlink in my playlist description?
  • JazzPianoforte
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing track length - discover weekly

My discover weekly playlist doesn't show track length. Spotify version 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4. Is it just me, or has Spotify removed the coloumn on purpose?

• Casual Listener
  • My discover weekly playlist doesn't show track length. Spotify version 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4.   Is it just me, or has Spotify removed the coloumn on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t seem to find this song

So far I’ve been trying to find this song.its by madconBeggin’im in the us.Any possible solutions?ive checked other forums they end up with the same result. Workers send them the link to a forum talking about legal reasons or regions.

• So far I’ve been trying to find this song. its by madcon Beggin’ im in the us. Any possible solutions? ive checked other forums they end up with the same result.  Workers send them the lin...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug? Clicking playing song doesn't highlight the song playing in the playlist

Mac OSX 10.13.4Spotify 1.0.75 Steps: 1. Make a playlist with >1000 songs2. Play some songs for a while 3. Click on the picture of the current playing album Actual: a random (maybe?) song is highlighted in the list Expected: the currently playing song...

• Gig Goer
  • Mac OSX 10.13.4 Spotify 1.0.75   Steps:    1. Make a playlist with >1000 songs 2. Play some songs for a while  3. Click on the picture of the current playing album &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify plays random track on playlist instead of next one

Hi all-on my mac - when i try to skip to next track on playlist, spotify starts playing another seemingly random track on the playlist.What can I do about this?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all- on my mac - when i try to skip to next track on playlist, spotify starts playing another seemingly random track on the playlist. What can I do about this? Thanks
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web player for Firefox says I need to "enable Play DRM content" but it is already enabled

I am trying to use the web player for Firefox on a Mac and all the information I can find is to "enable Play DRM content" but it's already enabled and I have no idea what else to do. Thanks.

• I am trying to use the web player for Firefox on a Mac and all the information I can find is to "enable Play DRM content" but it's already enabled and I have no idea what else to do. Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Friends' Activity has Disappeared from Spotify [MacBook Pro]

I still have the sidebar with all my friends' activity on the side of the application. However, when I used to go on artists' pages, my Facebook friends' profile picture icons would appear under the number of monthly listeners on the right. This does...

• I still have the sidebar with all my friends' activity on the side of the application. However, when I used to go on artists' pages, my Facebook friends' profile picture icons would appear under the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ricerca per anno - Search by Year

Ho notato che se utilizzo la ricerca per anno year:1994 ad esempio, mi da come risultati solo Podcast e Video ma non brani, album,etc... come vorrei.Come mai?I noticed that if I use the search for year year: 1994 for example, it gives me the results ...

• Regular
  • Ho notato che se utilizzo la ricerca per anno year:1994 ad esempio, mi da come risultati solo Podcast e Video ma non brani, album,etc... come vorrei. Come mai? I noticed that if I use the search fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
    year
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play song when changing audio device

Brief description of the issue:Whenever I change the output device on my Mac, I cannot play any more songs on Spotify. I have to restart Spotify after the new output device is selected to be able to play songs again.Steps to reproduce the issue:Start...

• Music Fan
  • Brief description of the issue: Whenever I change the output device on my Mac, I cannot play any more songs on Spotify. I have to restart Spotify after the new output device is selected to be able t...
  • b8i
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes

My Spotify is Offline for no reason

So for some reason my Spotify is saying it's offline even though it isn't on offline mode AND I have an internet connection. I tried to find a solution on this site, but for some reason I'm denied access to the post that might help out with my situat...

• Casual Listener
  • So for some reason my Spotify is saying it's offline even though it isn't on offline mode AND I have an internet connection. I tried to find a solution on this site, but for some reason I'm denied ac...
  • ILDFC
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless bluetooth headphones stop and start (desktop player)

My wireless bluetooth headphones are never a problem on any other device but when I listen to the web player on my Mac, songs stop playing altogether and stay paused for up to 30 seconds, then pick up where they left off. This repeats so often that I...

• Regular
  • My wireless bluetooth headphones are never a problem on any other device but when I listen to the web player on my Mac, songs stop playing altogether and stay paused for up to 30 seconds, then pick u...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Profile only showing eight playlists

My profile is only listed eight public playlists when I have closer to 25, and would like them all to be displayed. None of them are secret, and I'm able to move the order of them on desktop, but only the top eight will show. Any ideas on how to fix ...

• My profile is only listed eight public playlists when I have closer to 25, and would like them all to be displayed. None of them are secret, and I'm able to move the order of them on desktop, but o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Activity

The activity feed says my friends listened to songs 5-7 days ago even though they were listening to music today. This problem has been going on for the last week or so. Uninstalling and installing the app again did not help.

• The activity feed says my friends listened to songs 5-7 days ago even though they were listening to music today. This problem has been going on for the last week or so. Uninstalling and installing th...
  • Savuz
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Broken proxy settings, No internet connection detected / Error code: 4 / Offline

Spotify was telling me I was offline, I tried lots of stuff, eventually cleared cache and reinstalled. Now I can't even log in via Facebook.I think it's related to Spotify's utterly broken support for proxies. Proxy autodetect has never worked on Mac...

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 14.27.23.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Spotify was telling me I was offline, I tried lots of stuff, eventually cleared cache and reinstalled. Now I can't even log in via Facebook. I think it's related to Spotify's utterly broken sup...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't save new songs and library vanished

I Can't save new songs and Every time i go to save a song it just doesn't, whenever i try to load my library it gives an error try again message before saying its empty, im absolutely sure im on the right account as i only have 1 and i only use it on...

• Casual Listener
  • I Can't save new songs and Every time i go to save a song it just doesn't, whenever i try to load my library it gives an error try again message before saying its empty, im absolutely sure im on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes