Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

recently played not showing up

My recently played section isn't showing up. If I click on it, it'll say "Nothing here yet, music will appear as you listen," but I'm listening to stuff currently and nothing is popping up. I've had this problem for almost a week.I've tried quitting ...

• Casual Listener
  • My recently played section isn't showing up. If I click on it, it'll say "Nothing here yet, music will appear as you listen," but I'm listening to stuff currently and nothing is popping up. I've...
  • JLetz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify: Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't. The ...

• This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:   Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit all...
  • mogulvogel
  • 254 replies
  • 364 likes
  • Mac
  • 254 replies
  • 364 likes

Spotify stops playing after songs with big duration

After the upgrade to MacOSX 10.13.4 I am facing the following issue with the spotify client. When I am in a playlist or an album that has a song with a large duration (usually over 10 minutes) after playing the full song the player stops and doesn't ...

• Visitor
  • After the upgrade to MacOSX 10.13.4 I am facing the following issue with the spotify client. When I am in a playlist or an album that has a song with a large duration (usually over 10 minutes) after ...
  • FireHydrant
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! help ?

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 5.39.24 PM.png
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save Playlists to Library

Many people have asked about how they could save all their songs from a playlist. But, their methods were from years ago, and now it seems that they don't work. So, I'll ask again: how do I save all the songs from a playlist to my Library? Thank you

• Visitor
  • Many people have asked about how they could save all their songs from a playlist. But, their methods were from years ago, and now it seems that they don't work. So, I'll ask again: how do I save all ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Library

All my songs from my library is missing and I had over probably 600 songs! I want my music back and it took me more than 5 weeks to put my all of songs together!

• All my songs from my library is missing and I had over probably 600 songs! I want my music back and it took me more than 5 weeks to put my all of songs together! 
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play/Pause, forward and back button not working (f7, f8, and f9)

My keyboard keys for play/pause, skip forward, and skip back are no longer working with spotify. I have looked online for solutions, but none seem to work. It works for iTunes. What should I do?

• My keyboard keys for play/pause, skip forward, and skip back are no longer working with spotify. I have looked online for solutions, but none seem to work. It works for iTunes. What should I do?
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Right sidebar activity feed not showing

Hello, Since a few months ago I can't see my friends activity feed, the right bar is simply not showing. I double checked all my settings and it should be showing. Any ideas on how to fix it?My Spotify version is 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e, and I'm using a...

• Hello,   Since a few months ago I can't see my friends activity feed, the right bar is simply not showing. I double checked all my settings and it should be showing. Any ideas on how to fix it...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't scroll

Hi all: I have tried using the arrow buttons on my Macbook Pro and the trackpad to scroll down playlists, settings, you name it in the Spotify window and none of these work. I also don't see any scrolling bars in the Spotify window. Can someone help ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all:   I have tried using the arrow buttons on my Macbook Pro and the trackpad to scroll down playlists, settings, you name it in the Spotify window and none of these work.   I also ...
  • yakonorekordz
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify app shows chromecast only when starting playback from another source

Chromecast audio is consistently not showing up in the Spotify desktop app. The only way to get it to show up is to either use the web player and play a song (it appears immediately there), or through my iPhone. Then the desktop app shows that it's p...

• Casual Listener
  • Chromecast audio is consistently not showing up in the Spotify desktop app. The only way to get it to show up is to either use the web player and play a song (it appears immediately there), or throug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify takes minutes to load results on Mac desktop

Hi, I used to have a fix for this but the thread has since been either removed or I no longer have access to it - either way the page now says I cannot access it. The previous URL was: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-is-laggy-slo...

• Hi,   I used to have a fix for this but the thread has since been either removed or I no longer have access to it - either way the page now says I cannot access it.    The previous...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Mac
    slow search
    slow spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Blanked out whole album or select songs on it?`

Why do albums and/or select songs go grayed out and no longer playable? They appear on my list, but I can't play them.

• Regular
  • Why do albums and/or select songs go grayed out and no longer playable? They appear on my list, but I can't play them.
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files from mac to iphone

I created a playlist in spotify on my mac containing songs from my local files, but the playlist can't be seen when I open spotify on my phone. What should I do? I've already made it available offline on my mac.

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist in spotify on my mac containing songs from my local files, but the playlist can't be seen when I open spotify on my phone. What should I do?   I've already made it av...
  • jlg96
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login to spotify app on mac os

I'm running mac os 10.13.4 (17E202) and I can't login to the app. I can login to the app on all of my other devices but not on my mac desktop. I have removed the app and downloaded it again to re-install it but still no change, I enter in my username...

• Regular
  • I'm running mac os 10.13.4 (17E202) and I can't login to the app. I can login to the app on all of my other devices but not on my mac desktop. I have removed the app and downloaded it again to re-ins...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Mac] Wrong song displayed on main screen

Hey everyone, my issue is as follows:I'm now playing a brand new album added in the last few days and on the main screen the highlighted song is worng - it shows a random other song from the album. Not sure if it is related to the fact I was playing ...

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 09.30.28.png
  • Hey everyone, my issue is as follows: I'm now playing a brand new album added in the last few days and on the main screen the highlighted song is worng - it shows a random other song from the a...
  • robbie7011
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want to turn off hardware acceleration.

I use Chrome with hardware acceleration turned off.It is because when I activate acceleration, it slows down seriously.I know that the Spotify app is made with Chromium.So I have to turn off hardware acceleration.Tell me how to do it.

• Regular
  • I use Chrome with hardware acceleration turned off. It is because when I activate acceleration, it slows down seriously. I know that the Spotify app is made with Chromium. So I have to turn off ha...
  • burner
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify forces the use of the DISCRETE GPU on MBP

Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 on MacOS 10.13.4 forces the discrete GPU to be used and drains the battery. This is a long standing BUG that needs to be addressed!

• Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 on MacOS 10.13.4 forces the discrete GPU to be used and drains the battery. This is a long standing BUG that needs to be addressed!
  • burner
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Using Discrete GPU

Hi I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro 15in with the Radeon 560; running MacOS 10.13.3 and the latest version of Spotify avaible today. According to Activity Monitor Spotify is using the discrete GPU. This should really not be happening as Spotify doesn't do a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro 15in with the Radeon 560; running MacOS 10.13.3 and the latest version of Spotify avaible today. According to Activity Monitor Spotify is using the discrete GPU. This sho...
  • burner
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes