Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify doesnt erase filter

Hi i have some sort of issue thats very annoying.anytime i play one of my playlists and i search for a specific song in that list and play it, spotify keeps playing that one song even though i cleared the filter. why doesnt it get back to the entire ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  i have some sort of issue thats very annoying. anytime i play one of my playlists and i search for a specific song in that list and play it, spotify keeps playing that one song even though...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

streaming cut off

The streaming by Spotify Connect cut off suddenly, and get start suddenly.this movements are repeated.Mac OS 10.13.1Speaker Naim Audio Mu-so QB I need your help!!

• The streaming by Spotify Connect cut off suddenly, and get start suddenly. this movements are repeated. Mac OS 10.13.1 Speaker Naim Audio Mu-so QB   I need your help!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No more notifications, and can't see who is following my playlists

Hey there, I dont know if I'm the only one experiencing this but...I'm running the app on my macbook and I haven't recieved notifications in a long time now, and have no button for them anymore?! I only get an occasional email about new music, but no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I dont know if I'm the only one experiencing this but... I'm running the app on my macbook and I haven't recieved notifications in a long time now, and have no button for them anymore?! I...
  • laviddander
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My media keys (play/pause, next, previous) stopped working on Mac inexplicably. Not using Chrome

My media keys on my Mac will randomly stop controlling the Spotify desktop app. I have seen many other answers saying that Chrome could be the issue but I don't even have Chrome installed. Volume and Mute buttons work just fine.

• My media keys on my Mac will randomly stop controlling the Spotify desktop app. I have seen many other answers saying that Chrome could be the issue but I don't even have Chrome installed. Volume and...
  • oboucha
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Problems to find music

I listen often to classical music and have problems finding all versions of a piece. For instance, I'm looking now for "Paganini moto perpetuo". My search shows 4 tracks, of which only one corresponds to which I'm looking for (see attached picture). ...

• Visitor
  • I listen often to classical music and have problems finding all versions of a piece. For instance, I'm looking now for "Paganini moto perpetuo". My search shows 4 tracks, of which only one correspond...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify ignoring automatic start-up feature

I couldn't find a real solution for this problem, but my apologies if this has already been posted or asked before. Ever since I installed Mac OS High Sierra spotify has been automatically starting upon booting up the computer. After having turned of...

• I couldn't find a real solution for this problem, but my apologies if this has already been posted or asked before.   Ever since I installed Mac OS High Sierra spotify has been automatically s...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobble to Last.fm not working — OS High Sierra the culprit?

FYI - Seems since I've upgraded to macOS High Sierra, scrobbling to Last.fm has not been working. Any suggestiosn for a fix?

• Regular
  • FYI - Seems since I've upgraded to macOS High Sierra, scrobbling to Last.fm has not been working. Any suggestiosn for a fix?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

---

---

• Visitor
  • ---
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Jumping forward and backward - make hotkey one handed

Please make the forward and backward jump 5 second command one handed. Make it just the single button arrow keys! They currently aren't doing anything. Command Shift L/R is too much to ask.This feature was made for DJs and musicians to use!! But it's...

• Please make the forward and backward jump 5 second command one handed. Make it just the single button arrow keys! They currently aren't doing anything. Command Shift L/R is too much to ask. This f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

HELP my spotify on macbook won't load activity feed.

I've deleted and redownloaded spotify several times, and that wont fix it. When I try to look at activity feed it never loads, the loading symbol just keeps on going round and round in a circle. I can still see my friends and everything, just not the...

• I've deleted and redownloaded spotify several times, and that wont fix it. When I try to look at activity feed it never loads, the loading symbol just keeps on going round and round in a circle. I ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How Can I remove facebook friends from Spotify?

How can I remove the facebook side friends thing from spotify. I don't have facebook and it just takes up unnessassary room. u feel me?

• Casual Listener
  • How can I remove the facebook side friends thing from spotify. I don't have facebook and it just takes up unnessassary room.  u feel me?
  • RetroVisions
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyway to see "Liked" Radio songs?

Is there a way to see all the songs that I have liked while listening to Radio? The "Liked from Radio" playlist stopped working for me as a did a bunch of other folks (based on the frequency of this question here). You think it would be easy right to...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to see all the songs that I have liked while listening to Radio? The "Liked from Radio" playlist stopped working for me as a did a bunch of other folks (based on the frequency of this ...
  • bbbbbbbbb3
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

MAC Spotify app problems with High Sierra and overall

First after upgrade to High Sierra problems with playing music. App stoping music, but background music playing without sound. Probably conflict with audio from Safari - facebook and communicates. After each communicates music stop playing. Cool. Sec...

• Casual Listener
  • First after upgrade to High Sierra problems with playing music. App stoping music, but background music playing without sound. Probably conflict with audio from Safari - facebook and communicate...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not available on my private Mac...

even though I can listen to them on my iPhone, iPad and the computer I use at work. Only my private Mac is not able to play the songs. I am using: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48) Spotify Premium1.0.67.582.g194...

• even though I can listen to them on my iPhone, iPad and the computer I use at work. Only my private Mac is not able to play the songs.   I am using:  MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 20...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IDEA: Pin playlists

Hi Spotify Would it be possible to add a feature to pin your playlists, and those pinned playlists would then always stay at the top of the list? After 100+ playlists, the rearranging is a real pain..

• Regular
  • Hi Spotify   Would it be possible to add a feature to pin your playlists, and those pinned playlists would then always stay at the top of the list? After 100+ playlists, the rearranging is a r...
  • cheetahsblood
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes

Extremely Slow Launch on Mac OS X 10.8.x

Hi Spotify team. I open a new message as you never answer to the other same post. Maybe if we post many messages you will answer as we really are bored. The actual problem is that it tooks much more time to launch Spotify than to launch Photoshop + I...

• Regular
  • Hi Spotify team.   I open a new message as you never answer to the other same post. Maybe if we post many messages you will answer as we really are bored.   The actual problem is that&n...
  • mrichey55
  • Regular
  • 31 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Mac
  • 31 replies
  • 23 likes

Play/Pause, previous/skip track buttons not working on MacBook

Recently updated my OS X to 10.13.1 and my MacBook keyboard control keys are no longer controling my Spotify. Please advise. Spotify version is 1.0.66.478.g1296534dIf needed, also using Safari 11.0.1 and Chrome 61.0.3163.100 iTunes version 12.7.1.14 ...

• Recently updated my OS X to 10.13.1 and my MacBook keyboard control keys are no longer controling my Spotify.  Please advise.   Spotify version is 1.0.66.478.g1296534d If neede...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify becomes all blurry (?)

I have been using Spotify for a year now and everything has been fine, until a few weeks ago when it has started to behave strangely. When I open Spotify, it looks fine, and all of a sudden, the whole layout becomes blurry (see attachment). What is h...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for a year now and everything has been fine, until a few weeks ago when it has started to behave strangely. When I open Spotify, it looks fine, and all of a sudden, the whol...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I can´t see album and date added in my playlist

Hi, in one of my computers, when I play the playlists, I only see the name of the song, the artist and time, but I don´t see date added and album. Somebody knows what happens?

• Hi, in one of my computers, when I play the playlists,  I only see the name of the song, the artist and time, but I don´t see date added and album. Somebody knows what happens?  
  • VivianaSh
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Disappearing

So, I've used the local files feature for quite a while. I have mutiple playlists of music that isn't on spotify, for mobile listening. This has worked fairly well in the past, all things considered; we all know the local files interface is not very ...

• So, I've used the local files feature for quite a while. I have mutiple playlists of music that isn't on spotify, for mobile listening. This has worked fairly well in the past, all things considered;...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes