Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Local Files Disappearing

So, I've used the local files feature for quite a while. I have mutiple playlists of music that isn't on spotify, for mobile listening. This has worked fairly well in the past, all things considered; we all know the local files interface is not very ...

• So, I've used the local files feature for quite a while. I have mutiple playlists of music that isn't on spotify, for mobile listening. This has worked fairly well in the past, all things considered;...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song won't play after ad

The last few days, I've been having an issue. An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to. After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song. It will not play anything, but will be set up to start the album over if...

• Regular
  • The last few days, I've been having an issue.  An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to.  After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song.  It ...
  • Spotifyboy2
  • Casual Listener
  • 128 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 128 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Spotify pauses at random

I have a spotify unlimited subscription. As of today I installed the new upgrade but now a problem has occured. When I play music, spotify randomly pauses the song. I have to physically click the play button again to continue the music. It can happen...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify unlimited subscription.   As of today I installed the new upgrade but now a problem has occured.   When I play music, spotify randomly pauses the song. I have to ph...
  • lulusaleen13
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed

Hey guys,unluckily my friend feed isn't working. I'm following many people but my friend feed shows only the button "Find Friends". Does somebody know how I can fix that? Thank you!

• Hey guys, unluckily my friend feed isn't working. I'm following many people but my friend feed shows only the button "Find Friends". Does somebody know how I can fix that?   Thank you!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't import a full album from iTunes purchase

I'm having trouble importing a full album which I bought from iTunes to the desktop app. All but one track is being imported fine, but the last track is being replaced with a live version that Spotify has. Is there a way I can import the original son...

• I'm having trouble importing a full album which I bought from iTunes to the desktop app. All but one track is being imported fine, but the last track is being replaced with a live version that Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musik auf einmal weg

Meine Lieblingssongs zum Beispiel Paralyzer von Finger Eleven oder sehr viele Alben von The Connells sind einfach weg. Wird das bald behoben?

• Meine Lieblingssongs zum Beispiel Paralyzer von Finger Eleven oder sehr viele Alben von The Connells sind einfach weg. Wird das bald behoben?
  • pablowernicke
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Polish translation mistake

Hi, my name is Dominik and I live in Poland. Today I saw upsetting translation mistake at author profile.Here is a screenshot of this (bigger resolution -https://imgur.com/BxpLaNj)If author is male, the correct form is "Obserwowany".If author is fema...

Screenshot 2016-05-25 22-55-06.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Hi, my name is Dominik and I live in Poland. Today I saw upsetting translation mistake at author profile. Here is a screenshot of this (bigger resolution -https://imgur.com/BxpLaNj) ...
  • fernandezcojonz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I didn't get the new update?

I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?

• Music Fan
  • I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?
  • tomtho
  • 43 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 3 likes

Forward reverse buttons stop working on Macbook after update

Brief description of the issue: Forward and Reverse button not working any more in either other window or Spotify Window. Dont know after what specific version. Steps to reproduce the issue:First I did this Updating to latsest sw on oth OS and Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Forward and Reverse button not working any more in either other window or Spotify Window. Dont know after what specific version.   Steps to reproduce the issue:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Forward
    OSX Sierra
    reverse
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists updating only directly from albums

Hi,I noticed that for the last month or so my RPA only update when I listen to songs directly from an artist's page. If I listen to a playlist, it won't add any artists to my RPA. Is this going to be updated? I much preferred when the playlist artist...

• Hi, I noticed that for the last month or so my RPA only update when I listen to songs directly from an artist's page. If I listen to a playlist, it won't add any artists to my RPA. Is this goin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs chopped half way.... PLEASE HELP!

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I have noticed few tracks from my albums chopped half way.... not cool....

• Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I have noticed few tracks from my albums chopped half way.... not cool....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The buttons (send invite) for the premium family account are not loading

I am not able to invite members to my premium family account because the screen is just white, the buttons or text are not populated or loaded correctly. I cannot use the account properly.

• I am not able to invite members to my premium family account because the screen is just white, the buttons or text are not populated or loaded correctly. I cannot use the account properly. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Mac Update: AppleScript support removed

The new version released for Mac (1.0.1.805.gd2412973) has had its support for AppleScript removed. I had written scripts to implement functionality that allowed me to control my music using headphone controls. Can you please bring this AppleScript s...

• Regular
  • The new version released for Mac (1.0.1.805.gd2412973) has had its support for AppleScript removed. I had written scripts to implement functionality that allowed me to control my music using hea...
  • vitaevitaevitae
  • 19 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Mac
  • 19 replies
  • 20 likes

All of my playlists were just deleted!

All of my playlists were just suddenly deleted! I was listening on the Mac desktop app and Spotify stopped playing. I noticed that 'Listening on' was showing an unknown iPhone. When I quit and restarted, all of my playlists were missing and replaced ...

• Casual Listener
  • All of my playlists were just suddenly deleted!    I was listening on the Mac desktop app and Spotify stopped playing.   I noticed that 'Listening on' was showing an unknown i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It showed up the message that can't play the current song

I got the problem that I couldn't play the song in my Apple Mac computer but in my mobile it still can play What should I do ?

• I got the problem that I couldn't play the song in my Apple Mac computer but in my mobile it still can play   What should I do ?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Applescript Bugs

Hi. I've found two bugs with the Applescript support, valid in the latest version, 1.0.3.101: 1. the "artwork" returned for the "current track" is always null. It used to work before, but I don't exactly in which version it stopped working: 2. the "p...

missingArtwork.png playerPositionSpotify.png playerPositioniTunes.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi.    I've found two bugs with the Applescript support, valid in the latest version, 1.0.3.101:     1. the "artwork" returned for the "current track" is always null. It used ...
  • Kaffeefahrt
  • 29 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Mac
  • 29 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Orgunizing

Trying to geat My lists of musik orderd. Help! I’m on a Mac computer.

• Trying to geat My lists of musik orderd. Help! I’m on a Mac computer.
  • matilda1awesome
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect on mac os sierra does not find my zeppelin air

hi i dont know how i can finally find a solution for my problem.i have premium spotify an i can find on all my devises ( iphone 5 & 6, ipad, ) my b&w zeppelin air.... but if i would find to connect on my mac desktop spotify connect app die zeppelin a...

• hi i dont know how i can finally find a solution for my problem. i have premium spotify an i can find on all my devises ( iphone 5 & 6, ipad, ) my b&w zeppelin air.... but if i would find to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to start radio

Hello. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.6. Whenever I try to add an artist or album to my radio or station, I get a message that says "This radio station cannot be started." Can anyo...

• Visitor
  • Hello. Any help on this would be much appreciated.   I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.6.   Whenever I try to add an artist or album to my radio or station, I get...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working from my Mac but working from my iPhone

Hello,I just bought a Premium subscription for Spotify but I ran into a problem :I use a Marantz M-CR511 to stream my music wirelessly, I can stream with AirPlay from both my Mac and my iPhone without problem but I can only use Spotify Connect from m...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I just bought a Premium subscription for Spotify but I ran into a problem : I use a Marantz M-CR511 to stream my music wirelessly, I can stream with AirPlay from both my Mac and my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes