Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Spotify unable to QUIT.

I'm on a Mac. I try to quit the application, it restarts. I FORCE QUIT it, it restarts. I go into Preferences, change the 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer' option to NO then Quit it, it restarts. I check the 'Open Spotify a...

• Music Fan
  • I'm on a Mac. I try to quit the application, it restarts. I FORCE QUIT it, it restarts.   I go into Preferences, change the 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the compute...
  • sujuan888
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Won't play, goes to first song

Hey. Currently my Spotify won't play anything and I've had this issue for about a week now. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded numerous times. What happens is that while its playing, i'll stop it and then start again. Then Spotify goes to the first s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. Currently my Spotify won't play anything and I've had this issue for about a week now. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded numerous times.  What happens is that while its playing, i'll stop ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist radio -- change playlist, does the station change?

Hi all. I was wondering, if I start radio from a playlist, and I change the playlist, does the station change? Or does it read the playlist once when the station is created, and then remain static? Thanks in advance.

• Music Fan
  • Hi all.   I was wondering, if I start radio from a playlist, and I change the playlist, does the station change?  Or does it read the playlist once when the station is created, and then...
  • Pythagoras
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist from Itunen to Spotify?

Hello,how could I put Playlists from Itunes to Spotify? https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/This here don´t works.

• Hello, how could I put Playlists from Itunes to Spotify?   https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/ This here don´t works.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install Spotify on MacBook Pro

Hi, I've just switched laptops to a MacBook Pro and can't download spotify. I've tried to download the mac version and it downloads as 'unconfirmed862551 crdownload. I've then tried the one for windows - this downloads as spotify.installer exe withou...

• Hi,    I've just switched laptops to a MacBook Pro and can't download spotify. I've tried to download the mac version and it downloads as 'unconfirmed862551 crdownload. I've then tried ...
  • pdoherty02-us
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Devices missing on Mac laptop?

Normally when I open spotify on my laptop, it syncs with my phone. The devices icon shows up and I can sync songs to my ipod so I dont need wifi to listen to them. Recently the devices icon disappeared on my laptop. I cant find it anywhere. Is this a...

• Casual Listener
  • Normally when I open spotify on my laptop, it syncs with my phone. The devices icon shows up and I can sync songs to my ipod so I dont need wifi to listen to them. Recently the devices icon disappear...
  • ttromp-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Charts Not Working

When I go to the Charts section within Browse none of them are available. It says on the screen "There was a problem displaying this view! This view either does not exist or an error occurred". I just reinstalled spotify and there is no difference. I...

• When I go to the Charts section within Browse none of them are available. It says on the screen "There was a problem displaying this view! This view either does not exist or an error occurred". I jus...
  • shinyshinyshiny
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist image doesnt update

When uploading a custom image to a playlist. After uploading it updates in the modal, but never sticks, when reloading spotify or opening its link its back to the standard artwork preview. image size is about 97k and i dont see any errors

• When uploading a custom image to a playlist. After uploading it updates in the modal, but never sticks, when reloading spotify or opening its link its back to the standard artwork preview. image size...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedded but could not listen in website

Hello I'm a returning user and just be a premium user again today.I have some embedded musics in my hqtunes.com website butcannot listen the musics inside the website;when I click the play button, a new window launches and opening Spotify Web Player....

• Regular
  • Hello I'm a returning user and just be a premium user again today. I have some embedded musics in my hqtunes.com website but cannot listen the musics inside the website; when I click the play butt...
  • mrbengi
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help - can't search for friends

No idea why, but if I search for any of my Facebook friends in the "search" bar, nothing comes up... even if I just search something simple like "Mike" or "Katie". I am linked with Facebook and don't remember having this issue before. Just want to fi...

• Casual Listener
  • No idea why, but if I search for any of my Facebook friends in the "search" bar, nothing comes up... even if I just search something simple like "Mike" or "Katie".  I am linked with Facebook and...
  • rave324
  • 34 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 34 replies
  • 3 likes

Why is Spotify UI for podcasts is almost useless on mobile and nonexistant on the desktop. W

I am new to Spotify, and I am shocked at the pocast situation. There are tons of free apps that run rings around Spotify in this department, and I am paying for Spotify. Instructions on your web site do not match the screens that appear on my Mac des...

• I am new to Spotify, and I am shocked at the pocast situation.   There are tons of free apps that run rings around Spotify in this department, and I am paying for Spotify.   Instruction...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

i cannot see cities and related playlists in the about section

it disappeared. it only gives information of artists (if there is) but not playlists and cities. i deleted the application, downloaded and it came back but then disappeared again. i did it couple of times but it never came back.

• Casual Listener
  • it disappeared. it only gives information of artists (if there is) but not playlists and cities. i deleted the application, downloaded and it came back but then disappeared again. i did it couple of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recent issues with songs not being consistently playable.

Why can I play just about anything I want as long as I do it via my phone or Amazon echo devices. But if I attempt to listen on my PC or Mac with the spotify app, many items I try to play gives me the: "This song is not available. If you have the fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can I play just about anything I want as long as I do it via my phone or Amazon echo devices. But if I attempt to listen on my PC or Mac with the spotify app, many items I try to play&n...
  • individualist
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify performing normalization/compression even when turned off?

Was doing some A/B testing on a new amp and headphones, and I noticed something very odd: The exact same track (e.g. - literally the same file) when playing in my Spotify Library sounded slightly different when played in iTunes. We're talking about a...

• Was doing some A/B testing on a new amp and headphones, and I noticed something very odd:   The exact same track (e.g. - literally the same file) when playing in my Spotify Library sounde...
  • jimmasterchief
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Won't Load

Hi, Whenever I open up Spotify on desktop, the Spotify window pops up with only a loading wheel, and it never goes away. When I try to quit Spotify, it doesn't respond and I have to force quit Spotify. First I tried deleting Spotify from my laptop co...

• Hi,   Whenever I open up Spotify on desktop, the Spotify window pops up with only a loading wheel, and it never goes away. When I try to quit Spotify, it doesn't respond and I have to force qu...
  • jtsmith
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

[Bug]Discover weekly and RR playlists don't refresh if spotify desktop left open

Spotify desktop is always open at work and at home. To be able to see your new updated Discover Weekly or Release Radar playlists, you have to close the desktop program, and reopen it again. If you don't, the songs in your playlists say updated 8 day...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify desktop is always open at work and at home.  To be able to see your new updated Discover Weekly or Release Radar playlists, you have to close the desktop program, and reopen it again. &n...
  • sciamannikoo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Playing Local Files over wifi using "Spotify connect" to a stereo but the option is greyed out.

I have local files that will play on all my apple devices, but will not stream through spotify connect to my stereo or bluetooth speakers. The options to use other external playing sources that work normally for other songs are greyed out on a few lo...

• I have local files that will play on all my apple devices, but will not stream through spotify connect to my stereo or bluetooth speakers.  The options to use other external playing sources that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous sync with iTunes

Is there a way to make sure iTunes is continuously synced with the desktop version of Spotify? When "syncing" with iTunes, it only imports the playlists at that time and then the two systems become separate. Because I use iTunes to manage all my musi...

• Is there a way to make sure iTunes is continuously synced with the desktop version of Spotify? When "syncing" with iTunes, it only imports the playlists at that time and then the two systems become s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes