Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

[OSX] [Desktop] Spotify does not close and constantly reopens

DescriptionDesktop Spotify Client Constantly Reopens and cannot permanently closeA more detailed description, using numbered stepsOpened Spotify (technically, it was already open)Then I 'Quit' SpotifyI noticed Spotify restarted itself, minimized in t...

• Description Desktop Spotify Client Constantly Reopens and cannot permanently close A more detailed description, using numbered steps Opened Spotify (technically, it was already open) Then...
  • charlierockwell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Radio not loading

Not sure what happened but up until a few days ago my radio area was working fine and now all of a sudden starting a day ago or so I can't load my radio section at all or create new artist radio's. I'm on a mac and I've tried completely uninstalling ...

Screen+Shot+2014-11-13+at+8.52.36+PM.png
  • Regular
  • Not sure what happened but up until a few days ago my radio area was working fine and now all of a sudden starting a day ago or so I can't load my radio section at all or create new artist radio...
  • MikeyE_73
  • Casual Listener
  • 41 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 41 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify won't play on my car android when i choose a song.

I use it on my Android car dvdץwhen i enter a playlist and want to play a song, a popup show me to add to playlist, and to play next ect. it only work when i press the shuffle. but it's annoying that i can't play what i want to listen now.

• I use it on my Android car dvdץ when i enter a playlist and want to play a song, a popup show me to add to playlist, and to play next ect. it only work when i press the shuffle. but it's annoyi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify maximizes and minimizes itself

Spotify is continuingly maximizing and minimizing itself randomly on OSX. I'm really tired of this behavior and its really annoying. I hope there will be an update to fix this. edit: yes I know its the wrong topic I posted this but I cant delete and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is continuingly maximizing and minimizing itself randomly on OSX. I'm really tired of this behavior and its really annoying. I hope there will be an update to fix this.   edit: yes I k...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New UX desktop media player looks horrible

The new UX on the desktop version looks like something from 2004, resembles an apple player. All the blue areas are wasted space, why would you change the modern sleek looking payer from before to this giant waste of space looking thing? come on guys...

sdfg.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • The new UX on the desktop version looks like something from 2004, resembles an apple player. All the blue areas are wasted space, why would you change the modern sleek looking payer from before to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Maximize window button on desktop version for Mac OS appears misplaced

I noticed that on the Spotify desktop version (Premium user, 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6) for Mac OS (Sierra, 10.12.1) there appears to be an issue with the close / minimize / maximize window buttons. Specifically, the close / minimize buttons (red / yellow...

• I noticed that on the Spotify desktop version (Premium user, 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6) for Mac OS (Sierra, 10.12.1) there appears to be an issue with the close / minimize / maximize window buttons. Speci...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Keeps Randomly Stopping Mid-Song

The Spotify Service runs fine on my desktop and iPhone -- But when use it on my MacBook PC it keeps on randomly stopping and won't continue to play the song -- You can select another song which will start to play but it will randomly stop playing the...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify Service runs fine on my desktop and iPhone -- But when use it on my MacBook PC it keeps on randomly stopping and won't continue to play the song -- You can select another song which will ...
  • cbmomof4
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

The Wolf - Mumford & Sons is playing a different song

When I open the song 'The Wolf' by Mumford & Sons, it actually plays 'Snake Eyes'. Both on iOS and Mac.

• When I open the song 'The Wolf' by Mumford & Sons, it actually plays 'Snake Eyes'. Both on iOS and Mac.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all local files shown in local files

I have a folder with some local mp3s. In the past Spotify has found these files without any problems. But lately, both on my Mac and my PC more than half of the files are not "found". I have specifed specific folders and everything. Cleared the Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a folder with some local mp3s. In the past Spotify has found these files without any problems. But lately, both on my Mac and my PC more than half of the files are not "found". I have specifed...
  • Jheezee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover Art

Is there anyone who knows why the Cover art doesn´t show on this site and many other sites..? It doesn´t matter what webbrowser your using, or Windows och Mac, the same result all the time. https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/widgets/examples/...

• Is there anyone who knows why the Cover art doesn´t show on this site and many other sites..? It doesn´t matter what webbrowser your using, or Windows och Mac, the same result all the time.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Huge write to disk on OSX

Hi, I'm using spotify desktop client on OSX 10.11.In task manager I can see, that spotify did write 477GB to my drive in the last 22 days - thats my current uptime. Is that correct behaviour?6TB/year on SSD seems like a lot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using spotify desktop client on OSX 10.11. In task manager I can see, that spotify did write 477GB to my drive in the last 22 days - thats my current uptime. Is that correct behaviour? ...
  • brablc
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Can't seek within a track or adjust volume

Clicking on the bar to skip within a track or to change the volume does nothing.1. Open Spotify2. Play any song3. Hovering over the bar turns it green and reveals the drag handle. However, you cannot click on it.4. Same behavior with the volume bar (...

• Casual Listener
  • Clicking on the bar to skip within a track or to change the volume does nothing. 1. Open Spotify 2. Play any song 3. Hovering over the bar turns it green and reveals the drag handle. However, yo...
  • jrmehle
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Messages box not refreshing

My message box does not refresh itself automatically. I only see new messages when I shutdown the app and restrart it on my mac. I'm running OS Sierra and Spotify version 1.0.41.375.g040056ca. Even when I restart the app, the message box does not sho...

• My message box does not refresh itself automatically. I only see new messages when I shutdown the app and restrart it on my mac. I'm running OS Sierra and Spotify version 1.0.41.375.g040056ca.  ...
  • robske_110
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album names are missing from nav bar

Only the song and artist names are shown. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm using version 1.0.41.375.g040056ca.

• Casual Listener
  • Only the song and artist names are shown. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm using version 1.0.41.375.g040056ca.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] Scroll unresponsive

The Spotify scroll on Desktop Mac can be quite buggy and when you click on it, it doesn't do anything. I find that to activate the scroll button, you have to first use your mouse / trackpad to scroll and then only can you really click the scroll bar....

• Visitor
  • The Spotify scroll on Desktop Mac can be quite buggy and when you click on it, it doesn't do anything. I find that to activate the scroll button, you have to first use your mouse / trackpad to scroll...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I "filter" my albums?

On my iPhone, I can "filter" albums, meaning I can use a composer, an album title, whatever ... I can find the album I'm looking for. But there's no way to search my albums on the Mac Desktop client. I know I can search Playlists, but how about album...

• Gig Goer
  • On my iPhone, I can "filter" albums, meaning I can use a composer, an album title, whatever ... I can find the album I'm looking for.   But there's no way to search my albums on the Mac D...
  • raacampbell
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to Restore access for a Third Party?

I deleted access by BBC iPlayer by mistake. What is the easiest way to restore it?? I was exploring my Account adding this and that. I came across a list of Third Parties that had access to my account. One was BBC iPlayer. There was the word Revoke a...

• Regular
  • I deleted access by BBC iPlayer by mistake. What is the easiest way to restore it??   I was exploring my Account adding this and that.  I came across a list of Third Parties that had acce...
  • Hoof_Hearted
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm scrobbling not working

I have a problem with scrobbling my music to last.fm through Spotify desktop app on Mac. It has been not working since yesterday.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with scrobbling my music to last.fm through Spotify desktop app on Mac. It has been not working since yesterday.
  • mcichecki
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlists on Mac disappeared

Hi, I recently had to get a new hard drive for my Macbook pro because the old one was failing. All my programs including Spotify were therefore deleted. But when I reinstalled Spotify using my old account I couldn't find my playlists. The weird thing...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I recently had to get a new hard drive for my Macbook pro because the old one was failing. All my programs including Spotify were therefore deleted. But when I reinstalled Spotify usin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says I'm offline even though I'm connected to the Internet

I've had this problem all day. Whenever I open Spotify, it says that I'm offline. I'm not offline. I've tried refreshing it many times, and it still says that I'm offline. Hell, I've even tried reinstalling Spotify. Nothing seems to help me. Is there...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this problem all day. Whenever I open Spotify, it says that I'm offline. I'm not offline. I've tried refreshing it many times, and it still says that I'm offline. Hell, I've even tried reins...
  • mirahobbs
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes