Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Notifications on Mac client

Hi, So on one of my macs, I have lost the notification icon in the top right corner.At first, I thought it was an update thing, but as my other mac still has the icon, I'm wondering what's going on. I've already tried a complete reinstall, deleting f...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,   So on one of my macs, I have lost the notification icon in the top right corner. At first, I thought it was an update thing, but as my other mac still has the icon, I'm wondering what's...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Paying for a non activated family members account.

First Spofity made it extremely difficuslt to add/invite family members to the service, now that you can easily add them, you get stuck paying for them each month even if they never activate the account! Thats a pretty sleazy business model!

• Casual Listener
  • First Spofity made it extremely difficuslt to add/invite family members to the service, now that you can easily add them, you get stuck paying for them each month even if they never activate the...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Skipping audio when OSX screen locks

DescriptionWhen I listen to spotify on my mac, I'm not always using the mac for anything else for a while, and the screen will goto sleep (not the whole computer - just the screen). Once it goes to sleep, spotify will start skipping. It's not 100% of...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I listen to spotify on my mac, I'm not always using the mac for anything else for a while, and the screen will goto sleep (not the whole computer - just the screen). Once it goes to...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Mixed artists problem (but still not resolved by Spotify)

Hi Everyone, I have the mixed artists problem, where my recent EP (spotify:album:61F4JjDk1fO37AnRNsbs4P) has been mixed with work by another artist with the same name. I have contacted Spotify three weeks ago using the contact form, and also my distr...

• Hi Everyone,   I have the mixed artists problem, where my recent EP (spotify:album:61F4JjDk1fO37AnRNsbs4P) has been mixed with work by another artist with the same name. I have contacted Spoti...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! OSX Spotify After Login Without Logout When Open Will Stuck At Loading

OSX SpotifyAfter Login With FB Without Logout When ReOpen Spotify Will Stuck At Loading~Unless fully Uninstall And Reinstall and next time logout if not keep stuck!

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 2.57.53 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • OSX Spotify After Login With FB Without Logout When ReOpen Spotify Will Stuck At Loading~ Unless fully Uninstall And Reinstall and next time logout if not keep stuck!
  • weizhen93
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify isn't working on my new phone.

Phone broke two days ago so I had to go get a new one and now the Spotify app I downloaded isn't allowing me to access my account or music. I've tried changing the password and it doesn't help.

• Phone broke two days ago so I had to go get a new one and now the Spotify app I downloaded isn't allowing me to access my account or music. I've tried changing the password and it doesn't help.
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading and Installing Spotify on Mac OS X 10.6.8

DescriptionI am just updated my OS to 10.6.8, and am trying to download the latest version of Spotify that I can. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. First I tried downloading Spotify from the Download page.2. Then it said "Safari can...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I am just updated my OS to 10.6.8, and am trying to download the latest version of Spotify that I can.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I tried downlo...
  • matthwvickii
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes

MUSIC LIMIT?! WHY AM I EVEN PAYING FOR THIS?!

So i've just hit the song limit in my library and it's really wound me up. I'm left wondering what i'm paying for with spotify because if i pay to use this service then i should be able to store as many songs as i want in my collection. There's not a...

• So i've just hit the song limit in my library and it's really wound me up. I'm left wondering what i'm paying for with spotify because if i pay to use this service then i should be able to store as m...
  • JustOneThing
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify App for OS X causing system reboot!!!

Hello, I just upgraded my Mac Pro to osx El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B38b) and when I open the Spotify App (latest downloaded from the official website) I get a full system reboot. Please let me know what could be the problem beacause I am very concerned f...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hello,  I just upgraded my Mac Pro to osx El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B38b) and when I open the Spotify App (latest downloaded from the official website) I get a full system reboot.  &nbs...
  • DJTIMEGA
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Delete Messages

I need to delete my messages ASAP. WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO DO THIS.

• Visitor
  • I need to delete my messages ASAP. WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO DO THIS.
  • mass0426
  • 15 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! Failure to Login w Facebook, no error messages

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I haven't found this particular problem yet. If I looked over it, please forgive me. Using the desktop app on OSX on my Macbook Pro, I click on "Log in with Facebook".In Safari I first get a blank page,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I haven't found this particular problem yet. If I looked over it, please forgive me.   Using the desktop app on OSX on my Macbook Pro, ...
  • DjVinnie91
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Followers do not receive a notification when I update a playlist anymore

Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now. The followers already unfollowed and refollowed my playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now....
  • Songburp
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"can't play song" issue arises constantly

fairly sporadic, although i reliably have to restart spotify about 4 times per day when a song cuts out and i get a "cant play the current song" error message. a restart fixes the problem

• Casual Listener
  • fairly sporadic, although i reliably have to restart spotify about 4 times per day when a song cuts out and i get a "cant play the current song" error message. a restart fixes the problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone else keeps playing tracks?

Hi everyone, I'm asking this question for my boyfriend. He has a Spotify Premium account which he only uses on his Macbook and his phone with Android. He keeps having this problem in which he is just listening to some music and suddenly another song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I'm asking this question for my boyfriend. He has a Spotify Premium account which he only uses on his Macbook and his phone with Android. He keeps having this problem in which h...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Errrragh!I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER. It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go back into my profile.Can anyone help?

• Regular
  • Errrragh! I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER.  It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go b...
  • koeber
  • Casual Listener
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Mac
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes

unable to access messages

Hi, I have a mac & I am unable to access my messages. I press on the box and the loading sign comes up but will never load. I have reinstalled spotify twice, quit the applicaation, and also tried restarting my computer. However, whever I went to the ...

• Hi,   I have a mac & I am unable to access my messages.  I press on the box and the loading sign comes up but will never load.  I have reinstalled spotify twice, quit the applica...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High CPU usage on OS X when Spotify is in the background

This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc. There are several threds that say that this issue has been solved, but the "fix" did not work for me. Moreov...

Screenshot 2016-04-09 12.17.15.png
  • Regular
  • This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc.   There are several threds that say that this ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborative Playlists Settings

About a year ago, I made a playlist and my friend (who didn't follow me as a user, just the individual playlist) followed the playlist. I then made the playlist collaborative and we began to add songs to it. I never took notice to if the playlist eve...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nder "Public Playlists", although I do share my activity on Spotify. However, the playlist now has 20 followers, yet my personal account only has 11 followers. These followers have not always been f...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in via facebook

It tells me i can only use spotify for 14 days while in abroad

• Casual Listener
  • It tells me i can only use spotify for 14 days while in abroad
  • bnocrulez_999
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlists not showing in search

Hi, I have a couple of playlists that have been on Spotify for ages and are set as being public... They seem to be uniquely named according to the search - is there anything I can do to get them included so my friends can find/follow them easier?!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a couple of playlists that have been on Spotify for ages and are set as being public... They seem to be uniquely named according to the search - is there anything I can do to get them i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes