Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Cover Art missing on Apple TV when streaming via Airfoil from Mac

Hi,lately Spotify on my Mac no longer shows albun cover art on my Apple TV when streaming to it via Airfoil.This has worked fine in the past. Running On OS X Yosemite.The developers at Rogue Amoeba said that tis is not an Airfoil problem and was intr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, lately Spotify on my Mac no longer shows albun cover art on my Apple TV when streaming to it via Airfoil. This has worked fine in the past. Running On OS X Yosemite. The developers at Rogue Am...
  • DreamboyCAT
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes

Activity Feed not showing up

So I last updated my spotify around 10 days ago and just today I noticed my Activity Feed is gone. I have gone into my account and clicked to not show it and then clicked on it again to try and force it to come up, but nothing happens. I have also tr...

• So I last updated my spotify around 10 days ago and just today I noticed my Activity Feed is gone. I have gone into my account and clicked to not show it and then clicked on it again to try and force...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Football streaming

I have just been told that you can watch live football streams through spotfy, is this true and if it is, how?

• I have just been told that you can watch live football streams through spotfy, is this true and if it is, how?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed Code doesn't update

Hey guys, i think, i've a bug with my spotify playlist. Even though i'v updated the playlst days ago, it doesn't update me the embed code. It still shows the old (deleted) Songs. Can anyone help me out with that? Cheers, Yannick

• Hey guys,    i think, i've a bug with my spotify playlist.   Even though i'v updated the playlst days ago, it doesn't update me the embed code. It still shows the old (deleted) Son...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics Section Says Song is "Instrumental"--But It's Not

I've recently discovered the "Lyrics" feature in Spotify, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've been adding and timing lyrics left and right. But one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands says it's instrumental... it even says su...

• Casual Listener
  • I've recently discovered the "Lyrics" feature in Spotify, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've been adding and timing lyrics left and right. But one of my favorite songs by one of my favor...
  • Feminist
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Mac running Yosemite Spotify Crashes

I have re-downloaded Spotify to my Mac computer running 10.10.2 but it continues to crash every time I open it. The Spotify version is: 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • I have re-downloaded Spotify to my Mac computer running 10.10.2 but it continues to crash every time I open it. The Spotify version is: 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Any recommendations?   Thanks for y...
  • kald
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify update does not work on my iMac

The version of Spotify that I installed on my new iMac (OSX 10.11.1) on 11/28/15 was working fine. Today (12/14/15) I was prompted to install an update, which I did. Silly me! The new version does not even open. I get the message "You can't open the ...

• The version of Spotify that I installed on my new iMac (OSX 10.11.1) on 11/28/15 was working fine.  Today (12/14/15) I was prompted to install an update, which I did.  Silly me!  ...
  • stevenmay
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Starting Spotify crashes whole system (Mac OS X 10.10)

Hi there, It already happened twice, and both times I think it somehow related to dual-monitor setup I have. Sometimes I use my secondary monitor and drop there Spotify window. Then I quit Spotify (and I suppose it remembers somehow where the wondow ...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   It already happened twice, and both times I think it somehow related to dual-monitor setup I have.   Sometimes I use my secondary monitor and drop there Spotify window. Then...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family plan

I just upgraded to family plan. I added my wife. We now have the same spotify, she has all my playlists and when she plays hers mine stops. Please help. Oh and I log in using Facebook

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded to family plan. I added my wife. We now have the same spotify, she has all my playlists and when she plays hers mine stops. Please help. Oh and I log in using Facebook
  • Thodge4300
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu bar

Is there a way to have Spotify not show up in dock on Mac but still be running?

• Is there a way to have Spotify not show up in dock on Mac but still be running?
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio not working on OS X or WIndows 10

Since the latests version I have been getting a bug I used to experience once every now and then almost every day. When playing songs and I decide to start a playlist radio (regardless of size, tried on 1000 songs and 10 songs) the Playlist Radio scr...

• Casual Listener
  •   Since the latests version I have been getting a bug I used to experience once every now and then almost every day. When playing songs and I decide to start a playlist radio (regardless of siz...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

Hello! So I am using a Logitech G710+ keyboard with my Mac (running 10.9) , and the media keys (Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous) work perfectly fine with iTunes, even in background. Now, when I use Spotify, I usually quit iTunes (to stop conflict...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   So I am using a Logitech G710+ keyboard with my Mac (running 10.9) , and the media keys (Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous) work perfectly fine with iTunes, even in background. ...
  • ntk91
  • 37 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Mac
  • 37 replies
  • 20 likes

Payment failed

I've tried so many times to make payment using debit card. At first, i taught my card has problem to make international purchase, so i contact the bank. Then i try again but still fail. It keep appear "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried so many times to make payment using debit card. At first, i taught my card has problem to make international purchase, so i contact the bank. Then i try again but still fail. It keep appea...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone - Spotify caught in "Installation" loop

I have a premium version which worked pretty well the last time. Since several days it says " Installation ..." . I tried to deinstall which does not work. Downloading the app again does not work either. Any idea ..?

• I have a premium version which worked pretty well the last time. Since several days it says " Installation ..." . I tried to deinstall which does not work. Downloading the app again does not work eit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opens on startup even when preferences set not to

Since the last spotify update, spotify opens on startup no matter the settings. It currently is not and has not ever been in my login startup items. The preference within the app is also set to NOT open on startup. I find it very annoying because it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last spotify update, spotify opens on startup no matter the settings. It currently is not and has not ever been in my login startup items.  The preference within the app is also ...
  • Reflux_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Design Issue

Why in the world does the design have to be so Dark? And why aren't there ways to change it? I'm basically looking for a less-black bar on the right side of the application border to go up and down to various tracks. Also, there seems to be no way to...

• Why in the world does the design have to be so Dark?  And why aren't there ways to change it?  I'm basically looking for a less-black bar on the right side of the application border to go u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing all of my songs

I change the number of my credit card because I have s new one. When I tried to use my spotify account I had lost all my songs and my play lists. When I tried to recover the play listd I found nothing. Help!! Please , what can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I change the number of my credit card because I have s new one. When I tried to use my spotify account I had lost all my songs and my play lists. When I tried to recover the play listd I found nothin...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem Listening Through Bose Soundlink II Bluetooth Around Ear Headphones

I'm having trouble listening to Spotify through my headphones as listed in the subject. Everything else on my computer (Amazon Prime video, YouTube, iTunes/Apple Music, all work fine. I usually have to restart Spotify if I want to listen through them...

• Casual Listener
  •  I'm having trouble listening to Spotify through my headphones as listed in the subject. Everything else on my computer (Amazon Prime video, YouTube, iTunes/Apple Music, all work fine. I usually...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not loading...

If anyone can help me. As of yesterday my Spotify completly stopped working. I can open the application up, but then nothing would load I would be stuck in a black screen. Would still have the access to the menu bar, but nothing else. I was listening...

Снимок экрана 2016-02-03 в 23.24.56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • If anyone can help me. As of yesterday my Spotify completly stopped working. I can open the application up, but then nothing would load I would be stuck in a black screen. Would still have the access...
  • pavlov33
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Having multiple 'Liked from radio' stations

Hey there, I've looked around at threads about the 'Liked from radio' feature but I couldn't find any specific to my query. So I had 'Club/Trance' genre radio on yesterday and I was 'liking' songs and they were being added to my 'Liked from radio' pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I've looked around at threads about the 'Liked from radio' feature but I couldn't find any specific to my query.   So I had 'Club/Trance' genre radio on yesterday and I...
  • charlesandanso
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes