Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Premium payment made but still saying I'm on FREE

iTunes took premium payment but I'm still on free. Lodge contact form with Spotify case number 03630744 but have had no reply and still on FREE. I have logged in and out several times aswell as reloading app as suggested but still no success. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • iTunes took premium payment but I'm still on free. Lodge contact form with Spotify case number 03630744 but have had no reply and still on FREE. I have logged in and out several times aswell as reloa...
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Queue

Hi, I was wondering if there was any possible way of turning off the the play queue.

• Hi, I was wondering if there was any possible way of turning off the the play queue.
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems making music available for off-line playback

Hi, Hopefully someone can help! Ive searched but can't find the answer. I have a premium spotify account which I've been using on my phone for about a year no problems. I downloaded the software for my Mac, all my albums show and they show as saved. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Hopefully someone can help! Ive searched but can't find the answer.   I have a premium spotify account which I've been using on my phone for about a year no problems. I downloaded...
  • Sexyloops
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download Error on Yosemite

I've been using Spotify for a while now on my Mac (10.10.3) but recently the desktop player crashed and I was unable to open it. Unfortunately I do not have the exact error message that I received when it was unable to open. I've tried to do a clean ...

• I've been using Spotify for a while now on my Mac (10.10.3) but recently the desktop player crashed and I was unable to open it. Unfortunately I do not have the exact error message that I received wh...
  • lufedrizzi
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify won't play any sound after wake up - Mac OSX Yosemite & Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

After I wake up my MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2014 Spotiffy won't play any sound. The player starts the song, the clock is running but no sound comes out of the speakers. I use a Focusrite Scarllet 18i20 interface. However, any other applciation plays sound...

• After I wake up my MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2014 Spotiffy won't play any sound. The player starts the song, the clock is running but no sound comes out of the speakers. I use a Focusrite Scarllet 18i...
  • pereljon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound from the Spotify app on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

About a week ago the sound stopped playing completely from my Mac Spotify app. Sound works perfectly from other apps. I've tried a clean reinstall 3x to no effect. In the clean reinstall, I remove the following directories/files: /Applications/Spotif...

• About a week ago the sound stopped playing completely from my Mac Spotify app. Sound works perfectly from other apps. I've tried a clean reinstall 3x to no effect.    In the clean reins...
  • pereljon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

0 Facebook Friends on Spotify, but I know it is not.

Spotify shows 0 facebook friends on spotify. But I can see my friend is on spotify and he was able to see many of our mutual friends as well. What is the problem here and how to fix it? I am using a mac.

• Visitor
  • Spotify shows 0 facebook friends on spotify. But I can see my friend is on spotify and he was able to see many of our mutual friends as well.   What is the problem here and how to fix it? &nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51 on El Captian

I'm having this error, Spotify updated and it deleted all my previous settings, my facebook name isn't showing, nor the people I'm following, just numbers or usernames.I don't believe is because the dev beta of El Capitan because I've been using it f...

• Music Fan
  • I'm having this error, Spotify updated and it deleted all my previous settings, my facebook name isn't showing, nor the people I'm following, just numbers or usernames. I don't believe is because th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a song to playlist

Just thought the devs should know about a small issue. If you are listening to a playlist and add a song to the playlist, the icon that shows the song that's currently playing stays on the index of the of the song previous to adding a new song to the...

• Just thought the devs should know about a small issue. If you are listening to a playlist and add a song to the playlist, the icon that shows the song that's currently playing stays on the index...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify choopy playback when I use a DAC

I've an Audioengine DAC connected to my Mac. When I use it Spotify keeps stopping and starting whatever I'm listening to. I tested this with the web player and the desktop app. This only happens with Spotify so the problem isn't the DAC. Anyone else ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've an Audioengine DAC connected to my Mac. When I use it Spotify keeps stopping and starting whatever I'm listening to. I tested this with the web player and the desktop app.   This onl...
  • wrongmark
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Local files are not visible in latest update

Hello, I rely on spotify not only to find new music but to sync it from my local files. With the latest version, I click on "local files" and nothing appears. See attached screenshot. I can toggle the folder locations on and off in settings, but as s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I rely on spotify not only to find new music but to sync it from my local files. With the latest version, I click on "local files" and nothing appears. See attached screenshot. I can toggle th...
  • gbcox
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

saved albums disappear after quit and restart application

Hi, Hi, since few days, when i try to save one or more albums, they appear on the saved albums list, but disappear when i quit and restart the application. This happends only when i try to save complete albums on the laptop application (using a macbo...

• Hi,   Hi, since few days, when i try to save one or more albums, they appear on the saved albums list, but disappear when i quit and restart the application.   This happends only when i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install desktop client behind proxy

I'm trying to reinstall the Spotify client on my Mac, which is behind a proxy at work. There doesn't seem to be any way to log in during the installation because I can't enter my proxy settings. The Preferences menu is greyed out, so I can't enter th...

• Music Fan
  • I'm trying to reinstall the Spotify client on my Mac, which is behind a proxy at work.  There doesn't seem to be any way to log in during the installation because I can't enter my proxy settings...
  • suburban42
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Sync local files Bootcamp

I have bootcamp running on my mac and made a playlist with some local files on my mac. When I go into windows I have the music folder from my mac's harddrive added as a local file source, and I can see the songs when I go into the local files tab, bu...

• I have bootcamp running on my mac and made a playlist with some local files on my mac. When I go into windows I have the music folder from my mac's harddrive added as a local file source, and I can s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

CAN'T DELETE MY LOCAL FILES FROM DESKTOP

HELP!! i upgraded my spotify to the latest and now i can't delete my local files or add local files to my spotify!!! really annoyng it's pulling songs from everywhere on my computer, i've gone into preferences and ticked only where i want the local f...

• Casual Listener
  • HELP!! i upgraded my spotify to the latest and now i can't delete my local files or add local files to my spotify!!! really annoyng 😠    it's pulling songs from everywhere on my computer...
  • indogirlsteef
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify does not want to stop crashing without warning

Yesterday I downloaded spot icy and was able to Rome freely through it without any disturbances, a couple minutes later it begins to crash about 4 times, I kept re-opening it, but I didn't have the patience for it anymore. So I deleted it. And re-dow...

• Yesterday I downloaded spot icy and was able to Rome freely through it without any disturbances, a couple minutes later it begins to crash about 4 times, I kept re-opening it, but I didn't have the p...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist not updating

My playlist do not update. When I create a new playlist they no longer sync when I am in wifi and plugged up to my charger so I cannot listen to new playlist. This is annoying because I have a premium subscription. I've tried to delete and redoenload...

• My playlist do not update. When I create a new playlist they no longer sync when I am in wifi and plugged up to my charger so I cannot listen to new playlist. This is annoying because I have a premiu...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback hijacked by dormant device.

Hi. I have spotify running on three devices - two macs and one android. Obviously, I use one at a time, but I don't shut down the app on the mac at home when I'm at work.What happens is that randomly when I'm playing music on my work mac, the music s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have spotify running on three devices - two macs and one android. Obviously, I use one at a time, but I don't shut down the app on the mac at home when I'm at work. What happens is that random...
  • tcaspy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify - Volume control - commands

Hello, I have try everything to create a command to control de volume only of spotify. Yes it is true that i'm not a programer but ... I can manage simple thing. I copy this code that i have found : tell application "System Events" set MyList to (nam...

• Hello,   I have try everything to create a command to control de volume only of spotify.   Yes it is true that i'm not a programer but ... I can manage simple thing.   I copy thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't safe Google+ credentials

Hi! First of all, I'm glad that Spotify doesn't crash anymore when logging in with the Google federated login when I want to report lyrics/timing/pictures within the integrated musixmatch plugin. However the login still doesn't work properly. Now I d...

• Regular
  • Hi!   First of all, I'm glad that Spotify doesn't crash anymore when logging in with the Google federated login when I want to report lyrics/timing/pictures within the integrated musixmat...
  • mikeweft
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes