Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Spotify doesn't safe Google+ credentials

Hi! First of all, I'm glad that Spotify doesn't crash anymore when logging in with the Google federated login when I want to report lyrics/timing/pictures within the integrated musixmatch plugin. However the login still doesn't work properly. Now I d...

• Regular
  • Hi!   First of all, I'm glad that Spotify doesn't crash anymore when logging in with the Google federated login when I want to report lyrics/timing/pictures within the integrated musixmat...
  • mikeweft
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I Noticed A Few of my Favorite Songs Have Disappeared

I was listining to my playlist and I noticed that Korn Coming Undone and Twisted Transistor have been removed. Why would this have happned? Its completly gone from my mac, windows, and IPhone.

• Casual Listener
  • I was listining to my playlist and I noticed that Korn Coming Undone and Twisted Transistor have been removed. Why would this have happned? Its completly gone from my mac, windows, and IPhone. 
  • Kortes
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Last.FM updated, no scrobbles

Hello all, Last.fm recently updated their site and since the new site went out from beta and they migrated their data to new environment, my Spotify scrobbles haven't been functioning properly. Anyone else experiencing the same? I have disconnected a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   Last.fm recently updated their site and since the new site went out from beta and they migrated their data to new environment, my Spotify scrobbles haven't been functioning proper...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Installation Failed on Mac

So I rebooted by mac and after doing so spotify will not install. I have tried deleting the download as well as the cache (screen shot attached) and still nothing happens.When I try to install I just get the message "An error occured while trying to ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I rebooted by mac and after doing so spotify will not install.   I have tried deleting the download as well as the cache (screen shot attached) and still nothing happens. When I try to ins...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

error actualizacion en MAC, Crash! El programa se cierra inesperadamente!

Hola! Estoy un poco desesperado espero que podais ayudarme. Desde que se ha actualizado la ultima version de spotify, el programa al cerrarlo e intentar volver a abrirlo no me deja, me sale un mensaje de MAC que dice que el programa se ha cerrado ine...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola! Estoy un poco desesperado espero que podais ayudarme. Desde que se ha actualizado la ultima version de spotify, el programa al cerrarlo e intentar volver a abrirlo no me deja, me sale un mensaj...
  • pacopadilla
  • 38 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 1 likes

SpotifyWebHelper - Constant pop ups Mac

Over the last week Spotfiy has started the mac has started to throw up the pop-up: "SpotifyWebHelper wants to use your confidential information stored in "Spotify" in your Key Chain It doesn't matter how many times you allow, deny or always allow it ...

• Over the last week Spotfiy has started the mac has started to throw up the pop-up:   "SpotifyWebHelper wants to use your confidential information stored in "Spotify" in your Key Chain &nbs...
  • bayrho
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes

songs in que.

Can't remove songs in que.Anyone know how to delete them?

• Can't remove songs in que. Anyone know how to delete them?
  • Blueberry
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop player shows the wrong song as playing

This is a weird one. I'm listening to a song, which is correctly displayed in the bottom left area of my desktop player, but the playlist says a different (wrong) song is playing. What's this all about? I tried restarting Spotify and it's still doing...

• Roadie
  • This is a weird one. I'm listening to a song, which is correctly displayed in the bottom left area of my desktop player, but the playlist says a different (wrong) song is playing. What's this all abo...
  • robot14
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify forgetting songs added to My Music?

I can't 100% confirm that this is happening, but it seems to me like Spotify occassionaly forgets songs that I've added to my music. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it's a problem with syncing my activities across my personal Mac, work Mac, iPho...

• Roadie
  • I can't 100% confirm that this is happening, but it seems to me like Spotify occassionaly forgets songs that I've added to my music. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it's a problem with syncing m...
  • robot14
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pinwheel of death - Radio function does not work from now to then

ADMINS: PLEASE TRANSFER TO HELP/MAC. THANKS. The radio function does not work anymore.I've shut down my Mac and left it. 2 hours later I restarted it, started Spotify and a song and sudenly the radio just shows that wheel turning over and over again....

• Casual Listener
  • ADMINS: PLEASE TRANSFER TO HELP/MAC. THANKS.   The radio function does not work anymore. I've shut down my Mac and left it. 2 hours later I restarted it, started Spotify and a song and sudenl...
  • gyranthir
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Arcam mini Blink won't pair with Spotify on MacBook Pro

Hi,I've just bought an Arcam Mini Blink Bluetooth D-A converter to connect my Apple MacBook Pro running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 to my Arcam amplifier and although it works perfectly with Apple Music and pairs instantly I can't get it to pair at all with...

• Hi, I've just bought an Arcam Mini Blink Bluetooth D-A converter to connect my Apple MacBook Pro running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 to my Arcam amplifier and although it works perfectly with Apple Music a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate Local Files

Hi, After I updated Spotify, the music tracks stored in my computer duplicated. I tried switch off all the local files sources however the tracks were still here and some duplicated, I tried see where the tracks were stored in my Mac but the 2 duplic...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   After I updated Spotify, the music tracks stored in my computer duplicated. I tried switch off all the local files sources however the tracks were still here and some duplicated, I tried...
  • GrilledTony
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't sort search results

Before the big recent update, search results could be sorted by clicking the column headers -- e.g. by artist, track, album. But after the update I can't do it anymore.I'm guessing that they just didn't bother to keep the old functionality in the new...

• Music Fan
  • Before the big recent update, search results could be sorted by clicking the column headers -- e.g. by artist, track, album. But after the update I can't do it anymore. I'm guessing that they just...
  • StarScream
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! How do I rearrange my playlists' order?

My playlists in spotify seem to be in the order that they were created. Is there a way to rearrange them in any different order? Thanks for any help.

• Roadie
  • My playlists in spotify seem to be in the order that they were created.   Is there a way to rearrange them in any different order?   Thanks for any help.
  • tobiasburn
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the Filter function?!

guys! ive been a huge spotify evangelist since its introduction. ive been pleased to see it gradually improve as time has passed, and even had some really great features added (like the ability to control one device from another). but the removal of ...

• Casual Listener
  • guys!   ive been a huge spotify evangelist since its introduction.  ive been pleased to see it gradually improve as time has passed, and even had some really great features added (like the...
  • mrurns
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! My Usage of my image

Good morning:I am a photographer and a user of Spotify. This morning 7/24/2015 I noticed on the mobile app Discover weekly section that one of my images was use without mention of authorship or copyrights. I am enclosing said image. Please explain ho...

• Good morning: I am a photographer and a user of Spotify. This morning 7/24/2015 I noticed on the mobile app Discover weekly section that one of my images was use without mention of  authorship ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Search results sorting not available

This has been open for MONTHS now. Search options can't be sorted. Is there ANY official stance on this? It's such a basic feature its increible its been neglected.spotify:search:term workaround no longer works either.

• Regular
  • This has been open for MONTHS now. Search options can't be sorted. Is there ANY official stance on this? It's such a basic feature its increible its been neglected. spotify:search:term workaround ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files don't appear

Hello, Firstly, I apologise if this topic has been brought up before, I havent been able to find it and I am new to the community. Im having issues with local files, where nothing (no files) turn up. See attachment below. Any suggestions?

• Regular
  • Hello,   Firstly, I apologise if this topic has been brought up before, I havent been able to find it and I am new to the community.   Im having issues with local files, where nothing (...
  • jmaneto
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Plugins on Spotify 1.0.3 for OS X - what happened???

Hi, I'm a premium user and since I've updated my desktop (OS X) client a few weeks ago, I can't access the plugins I had (I used the last.fm and Lazify plugins to discover music). Was this a deliberate downgrade or is there a problem with my installa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm a premium user and since I've updated my desktop (OS X) client a few weeks ago, I can't access the plugins I had (I used the last.fm and Lazify plugins to discover music).   W...
  • lucas_braga
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes