Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

the last update is horrible ! so slow !

the app takes a very long time to load and display the activity sidebar and the home screen. I have to wait about 3 minutes to be able to make a search !PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS AND BANDWIDTH !

• Music Fan
  • the app takes a very long time to load and display the activity sidebar and the home screen. I have to wait about 3 minutes to be able to make a search ! PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS AND BANDWIDTH !
  • boutitbenza_699
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Your Upgrade Sucks

I have been a faithful Spotify premium member for over a year and I have seen the platform really come a long way but this last update is going to make me cancel my subscription and find another alternative if something isn’t done soon. Since the upd...

• I have been a faithful Spotify premium member for over a year and I have seen the platform really come a long way but this last update is going to make me cancel my subscription and find another alte...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

SLOW

Since the most recent update spotify has become really slow. Takes around 30 seconds for songs to start and I'm unable to move the song forward. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still slow. It's not my wifi as it works fine on other devices....

• Since the most recent update spotify has become really slow. Takes around 30 seconds for songs to start and I'm unable to move the song forward. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still slow. ...
  • diegop16
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to download full desktop client - Mac

I am unable to download the full desktop client. I have been trying to reorganize my playlists, but I cannot find the "New Playlist Folder" option. My file menu only displays two options: "Close Window" and "Log Out". I have done some research and th...

• I am unable to download the full desktop client.  I have been trying to reorganize my playlists, but I cannot find the "New Playlist Folder" option.  My file menu only displays two options:...
  • ProfPerception
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

newest spotify: how can i sync with my iphone

hey everyone i updated spotify a view days ago and today a wanted to sync a song from my mac to my iphone with the spotify-app but theres no "devices" button anymore how can i sync songs from "local music" to my iphone via wlan??? thanks for an answe...

• Regular
  • hey everyone   i updated spotify a view days ago and today a wanted to sync a song from my mac to my iphone with the spotify-app   but theres no "devices" button anymore   how ca...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search, Your music

In the previous version you could search for songs within "Your Music" by pressing cmd+f, a search input box appeared at the right top corner. Has this funcionality dissapeared for the desktop version (the mobile version still has it) or does any one...

• In the previous version you could search for songs within "Your Music" by pressing cmd+f, a search input box appeared at the right top corner. Has this funcionality dissapeared for the desk...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[TUTORIAL] OS X: Make external apps work with Version 1.x

Hey dear community, with the update to version 1.x many things have changed...You may have recognized, that external apps, like "Tunes Notifier" for OSX don't work with this new version any more. "Tunes Notifier" (http://www.tunes-notifier.com/#downl...

• Roadie
  • Hey dear community,   with the update to version 1.x many things have changed... You may have recognized, that external apps, like "Tunes Notifier" for OSX don't work with this new version an...
  • hachepunto
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs/albums won't save

Ever since the latest update, songs/albums won't save correctly when I press the "Save" button. They show up in my songs.albums while the Spotify program is open, but if I restart, they disappear. Please help!!

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the latest update, songs/albums won't save correctly when I press the "Save" button. They show up in my songs.albums while the Spotify program is open, but if I restart, they disappear. Pl...
  • ruby11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Spotify desktop v. 1.0.1.1060 for Mac

Hi,Every since the most recent update I've noticed that songs can take up to 15 seconds to play when I select them in the client. Everything is also very slow / sluggish and the theme is way too dark. Additionally the search/filter from within playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Every since the most recent update I've noticed that songs can take up to 15 seconds to play when I select them in the client. Everything is also very slow / sluggish and the theme is way too ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New layout no longer allows for viewing all songs in nested folders

Hi - one feature of Spotify I used to use all the time was to nest all of my folders of genres of music ("rock","pop",etc) inside another folder called "collections", such that when you wanted to play a mix of all your recent songs across all genres,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - one feature of Spotify I used to use all the time was to nest all of my folders of genres of music ("rock","pop",etc) inside another folder called "collections", such that when you wanted to pla...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Desktop Update - Version 1.0.1

Since we can't reply to the original thread, I'll start a reply here to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/1050266Why did Spotify bother to rewrite their desktop app and make all these ...

• Roadie
  • Since we can't reply to the original thread, I'll start a reply here to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/1050266 Why did Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sort by popularity with newest update

Previously it was gorgeous & it was possible to search by popularity. Then we could do spotify:search: to allow searches this way. In the latest version (1.01) of Spotify how can we search by popularity?

• Casual Listener
  • Previously it was gorgeous & it was possible to search by popularity.   Then we could do spotify:search:<query> to allow searches this way.   In the latest version (1.01)...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

To Spotify - Solution to Your Desktop Client Problems

Stop forcing web views into desktop applications. Just stop. The architecture and whatever framework you're using is not scalable or flexible enough to deliver the speed and functionality your users expect. I know using web views allows you to cut de...

• Roadie
  • Stop forcing web views into desktop applications. Just stop. The architecture and whatever framework you're using is not scalable or flexible enough to deliver the speed and functionality your users ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find "My queue" on toolbar

Hey guys. I'm trying to find and manage my queue but can't find the option on my Mac. I've attached a picture of my sidebar, where everything online says the queue should be. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. I'm trying to find and manage my queue but can't find the option on my Mac. I've attached a picture of my sidebar, where everything online says the queue should be. Any help? 
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening On Login

Since the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd my Spotify launches on every login despite having disabled that option in the preferences. This is really annoying and slows the start up of my computer. Please resolve.

• Casual Listener
  • Since the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd my Spotify launches on every login despite having disabled that option in the preferences. This is really annoying and slows the start up of my computer. ...
  • sota24
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications doesn't load [OS X]

With the new "update" my notifications doesen't load (se picture). Am I the only one with this problem? Is it possible to fix? Also, when I go to a playlist I subscribe to that there has been added songs to, there no indications of wich songs have be...

Notification/Spotify
  • Casual Listener
  • With the new "update" my notifications doesen't load (se picture).   Am I the only one with this problem? Is it possible to fix?   Also, when I go to a playlist I subscribe to that ther...
  • Slith
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Messages/inbox section missing

No longer seeing a way to access my inbox/messages. OSX 10.10.2Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd Screenshot attached. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • No longer seeing a way to access my inbox/messages.     OSX 10.10.2 Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   Screenshot attached.   Thanks!
  • this_guy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to add local files [Mac] (UPDATED)

DescriptionI can no more see my local files under "Lokala filer". Neither can I add local files as i could before the update. Some local files are gone some are still in their playlists. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Updated spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I can no more see my local files under "Lokala filer". Neither can I add local files as i could before the update. Some local files are gone some are still in their playlists.   A...
  • upendi90
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Update - Version 1.0.1.

Hello everyone. Spotify here. I’m tempted to use a TL;DR version but there isn’t a short version to this story. So fasten your seat belts because there is a lot to cover. I'll try to answer some of the burning questions one by one. Recently we starte...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hello everyone. Spotify here.   I’m tempted to use a TL;DR version but there isn’t a short version to this story. So fasten your seat belts because there is a lot to cover. I'll try to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes

Playlist not showing what songs are in it and can not play it [Mac]

DescriptionAfter i updated (restarted as it said) spotify yesterday one of my playlist could not show all the tracks in it (still working on ipad and iphone) but i could copy the playlist link and play it on web spotify...Link to playlist: https://op...

• Casual Listener
  • Description After i updated (restarted as it said) spotify yesterday one of my playlist could not show all the tracks in it (still working on ipad and iphone) but i could copy the playlist link and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes