Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Connection issue with my bluetooth speakers

Hello The connection works but the music is shattered. When I go to Youtube, the issue does not happen which makes me think that the issue comes from Spotify. I use the Spotify application on Mac Book Air OS 10.9.2 Anyone encountering the same issue?...

• Hello The connection works but the music is shattered. When I go to Youtube, the issue does not happen which makes me think that the issue comes from Spotify. I use the Spotify application on Mac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trivial Bug: Now Playing artwork not always at Retina resolution.

On Mac OS X, Spotify 0.9.8.296.g91f68827, the Now Playing artwork sometimes shows at @1x quality, even when @2x quality is available on Retina Displays. This is most easily visually seen by bringing up an album and comparing its artwork to the Now Pl...

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.53.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.53.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 6.57.43 PM.png
  • On Mac OS X, Spotify 0.9.8.296.g91f68827, the Now Playing artwork sometimes shows at @1x quality, even when @2x quality is available on Retina Displays.  This is most easily visually seen by bri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist"

Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist" in the "Party" category in "Browse". I have restarted the program and computer several times and the problem is just for this particular playlist, Pre-Party....

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on mac crashes when I try to listen to the "Pre-Party playlist" in the "Party" category in "Browse". I have restarted the program and computer several times and the problem is just for this p...
  • tomho542
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Increase width of playlist view mac client

Is it possible to increase the width of the left view with the playlists? I group my playlists in folders, subfolders etc and with the app update this view became even more slim and I cannot read most of my playlist titles.

• Visitor
  • Is it possible to increase the width of the left view with the playlists?   I group my playlists in folders, subfolders etc and with the app update this view became even more slim and I cann...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps crashing and will not load on mac

My Spotify crashed once on computer, and was unable to load at all when i try to re-launch it. Have tried re-installing the software but it still will not load at all. Have attached a screenshot. It basically just stops at this progress with will not...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify crashed once on computer, and was unable to load at all when i try to re-launch it.   Have tried re-installing the software but it still will not load at all.   Have atta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on OSX when shuffling

Of late, Spotify crashes whenever playing a large playlist on shuffle. I have already tried the business of going into the Library folder and deleting the cache and app support and reinstalling. This is happening on both my work and home desktop, whi...

• Of late, Spotify crashes whenever playing a large playlist on shuffle.   I have already tried the business of going into the Library folder and deleting the cache and app support and reinsta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts/complaints about new Your Music feature and Stars (and Spotify overall)

Update 2: I found the root cause of the issues I've been having, and reported it properly here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bug-Report-Your-Music-doesn-t-sync-correctly-from-desktop-client/td-p/740789 Update: I have dug...

• Music Fan
  • Update 2: I found the root cause of the issues I've been having, and reported it properly here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bug-Report-Your-Music-doesn-t-sync...
  • lil_alexis
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes

mac spotify not playing any songs at all

Hello, What I expected to happen the song should start playing What actually happened it doesn't play, timer stays at the time where I start it, show's the symbol that is indicating it would play the song tho My Operating System mac 10.9.2 My Spotify...

• Hello,   What I expected to happen the song should start playing   What actually happened it doesn't play, timer stays at the time where I start it, show's the symbol that is in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify installer doesnt download - mac

Hey guys I'm trying to get Spotify, but I can't even download the installer. There is no error message or anything... the download page loads, but nothing happens. If I click on "restart the download", the page simply reloads, and again nothing happe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys I'm trying to get Spotify, but I can't even download the installer. There is no error message or anything... the download page loads, but nothing happens. If I click on "restart the downl...
  • frksnk
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

How the heck do you add music in bulk to "Your Music" --> "Albums"

This shouldn't be that hard. Is it possible? I can see you can drag and drop playlists to "Songs" but not albums? What gives? Please help! I searched the other threads and didn't find a clear answer to this question. I am a visual learner and do all ...

• Music Fan
  • This shouldn't be that hard.  Is it possible?  I can see you can drag and drop playlists to "Songs" but not albums?  What gives?  Please help!  I searched the other threads a...
  • cohenfs
  • Roadie
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App Crashes on Mac

My spotify keeps freezing and crashing on my mac. I have reinstalled four times and uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player. If I cannot fix this I am going to have to cancel my subscription.

• My spotify keeps freezing and crashing on my mac. I have reinstalled four times and uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player. If I cannot fix this I am going to have to cancel my subscription.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist files cannot be found/played in other country

Hello all, I have a problem. My friend and I have the same account and I'm creating playlists for him. Each and every track is playing for me fine here in Norway, but he cannot find some of the tracks in his home country. It looks like these tracks w...

• Hello all,  I have a problem.  My friend and I have the same account and I'm creating playlists for him.  Each and every track is playing for me fine here in Norway, but he cannot...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

next button wont work with new update

I downloaded the new update a couple days ago and added some songs to the "songs" section instead of the starred where the rest of my music was because for some reason spotify added that feature and made it difficult to star things (?) but when I cli...

• I downloaded the new update a couple days ago and added some songs to the "songs" section instead of the starred where the rest of my music was because for some reason spotify added that feature and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Flash player crashed

Hi... Efter my new upgrading I alwayes get crash report when I start Spotify , and adont now Y

• Hi... Efter my new upgrading I alwayes get crash report when I start Spotify , and adont now Y
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

stuck in offline mode even when taken off

Please help! I take off offline mode using preferences. Despite it saying it is not on there it continues to say I am in offline mode. I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have given up multiple times. Please help, I can't use spotify anymore a...

• Please help! I take off offline mode using preferences. Despite it saying it is not on there it continues to say I am in offline mode. I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have given up multipl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preventing Spotify from updating [Mac]

Hello. I am very displeased with the new look, because I find the texts and titles too large. I much prefer the old, minimalistic look. I've downloaded an older version (0.8.5), which I am very happy with, but every time I open Spotify, the newest ve...

• Hello.   I am very displeased with the new look, because I find the texts and titles too large. I much prefer the old, minimalistic look. I've downloaded an older version (0.8.5), which I am...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unexplained downgrade to free access?

I'm still paying and have a profile but the app says I need to upgrade to premium.. I've been on it for a month and a half or so.. No clue how this works, I just want the access and service I'm paying for

• Casual Listener
  • I'm still paying and have a profile but the app says I need to upgrade to premium.. I've been on it for a month and a half or so.. No clue how this works, I just want the access and service I'm payin...
  • Purple_Hazer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing stars in new Spotify version!

There's a HUGE oversight in 0.9.8, that I hope isn't final. In Artist, Album, Artist top track, etc views, there's no Star column!! It's been removed. The main reason I hate using the iPad and iPhone apps is you never show stars next to tracks, and i...

• Music Fan
  • There's a HUGE oversight in 0.9.8, that I hope isn't final. In Artist, Album, Artist top track, etc views, there's no Star column!! It's been removed. The main reason I hate using the iPad and iPhone...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 37 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Mac
  • 37 replies
  • 33 likes

[Bug] Repeated last song when an ad is played at the end of the play queue

I have noticed this bug on at least the mac version (in both the new dark version as well as the previous version). When your Play Queue ends and an ad is played the last song is then repeated, this does not happen when no ad is played so it seems as...

• Regular
  • I have noticed this bug on at least the mac version (in both the new dark version as well as the previous version).   When your Play Queue ends and an ad is played the last song is then repe...
  • UncleAcid
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't show already discover tab content. Mac os

Description Don't show already discover tabcontent. Just spinnig wheel. At the same time it works on ios version of the spotify on my iphone. Same wi-fi on macbook and iphone. Other features works correctly. A more detailed description, using numbere...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description Don't show already discover tabcontent. Just spinnig wheel. At the same time it works on ios version of the spotify on my iphone. Same wi-fi on macbook and iphone. Other featur...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes