Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Macbook M1

Operating System

Ventura

My Question or Issue

I was logged out of my account in my Spotify App that I use on my Macbook and now when I try to login I get this message: 'redirect_uri: Illegal redirect_uri' in my browser. I've tried Chrome and other browsers. I also tried to reinstall the app and delete all the Spotify files from my laptop but nothing worked. Does anybody know what this message means and what I could still try to fix the issue?

the link from the app gives me this URL: https://accounts.spotify.com/oauth2/v2/auth?utm_campaign=organic&scope=app-remote-control%2Cplaylist...

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-07 om 09.09.12.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-07 om 09.08.11.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @finnpass,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Since this behavior could be related to specific cache as well, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your Mac. To do so, you can follow the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue).

If the issue persists, would you mind confirming if the Macbook you mentioned is a work PC or if it is your personal PC? If personal, could you check if you have any active VPN that could change your device's location?

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of your device and the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @finnpass,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Just to confirm, is this also happening if you try to log in using the Web player? 

If not, would you mind giving it a try using a different internet connection to see if that does the trick? You could also try asking a friend or a family member to log in to their account using your Macbook and see if they can replicate the issue. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Novy, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I can normally login in the web player. And a family member logs in it sadly gives the same error message.

Thanks again for your reply 🙂

Hi @finnpass,

Thanks for your reply. 

We understand you already reinstalled the app, but we'd recommend running a clean reinstall by following these steps. You won't lose any content by doing so.

If that doesn't help, then we'd recommend trying with a different internet connection. If you don't have any available, you could create a hotspot network from your mobile device and use it to check.

Let us know how that goes.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Susan,

thanks for your reply, I tried the complete uninstall method and another internet connection but it sadly didnt change anything. 

thanks again. 

Marked as solution

Hey @finnpass,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Since this behavior could be related to specific cache as well, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your Mac. To do so, you can follow the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue).

If the issue persists, would you mind confirming if the Macbook you mentioned is a work PC or if it is your personal PC? If personal, could you check if you have any active VPN that could change your device's location?

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of your device and the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hi Oscar,

thanks for your reply. I got it to work with this method! A cache seemed te have been the issue. Thank you all for your great help 🙂

Cheers!

Hey @finnpass,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will help other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts