Country

Croatia

Device

PC and Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite

Operating System

PC: Windows 10

Phone: Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I am playing the music via my phone and adding the songs to my queue via my PC. The songs that I add to my queue are not visible on my Queue on my PC. Sometimes they play after the current song is finished, sometimes they don't. Sometimes when trying to view my Queue on my PC it says 'Something went wrong'.

11 Replies

I can confirm I have the same issue, it doesn't matter if I'm adding songs to queue from my PC or from the device I'm actually listening to music from

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you restart your devices, log out from everywhere and log back in again to see if that changes anything?

If that doesn't make a difference, you can try with another network. 

If you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. 

In case you've tried these or another troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll be able to avoid repeating steps.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I logged out of everything, logged back in, it got fixed and when I added another song to the queue the same thing happened again.

Here is a screenshot of the error screen, but even when it doesn't show an error screen the queue only shows 4 songs, and it's not the ones that I added, and it's also not the ones that it will play.

something wentwrong.PNG

Hi @kit-poput-tebe,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Have you tried using a different network or performing a clean reinstall on both your phone and PC?
If not, we'd suggest testing this out and we'd also recommend that someone else logs in to their Spotify Premium account from your device, so that you can see if the issue is present across all accounts on these devices.

We appreciate your assistance 🙂
Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

I tried with both wi-fi and my mobile network and have reinstalled both apps. The issue goes away when I reinstall but it just happens again after a day or two. It goes away and comes back if I don't do anything at all. I cannot get it to work reliably.

Getting someone else to log in from their spotify account on my phone is much more hassle than I'm willing to put someone else through for this.

Hi @kit-poput-tebe,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try deleting the prefs file, located in the Spotify folder on your PC as it stores information about the current logged in account and there could be some caching issue that's causing this:

1. Fully close the Spotify app (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager) and go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\.
  2. There you'll find a file called prefs. Simply delete it.
  3. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a folder Users. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Yordan,

This didn't even fix the problem temporarily. Reinstalling the application fixes the issue temporarily, but it always comes back. Deleting the prefs file and the Users directory did not help and the issue happened right away again after I reopened and logged in again.

I was at my brothers place the other day and the same thing happened on his Spotify while playing it on Windows. So the same situation as mine, but without the Android device. We are on the same premium family plan.

Here is what it looks like. It always shows exactly FOUR songs.

kitpoputtebe_0-1650352866740.png

The first one is now playing displayed correctly. The next one is the song that is not in the Queue, but the song that I played first and it's gonna stay here forever. Songs 3 and 4 are actually the songs next up. The rest of the songs that are in the queue are not shown at all.

Hey @kit-poput-tebe,

Thanks for the post and info you've shared,

Can you let us know if the queue gets populated with more songs if you start playing a whole album, or are there just 4 songs displayed again.

Also, can you clarify is the 2nd song will actually play after the one currently playing or it is just staying there in the Next from but then song #3 plays?

Keep us posted on this.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

There are always only 4 songs on the Queue tab. I'll try to provide a step by step what I do and what happens.

1. I play Silver To Rust, a single by All Them Witches and then I add all the songs from a different All them Witches album to the Queue by selecting them all, right click context menu and "add to queue". After Silver To Rust finished playing the Queue looked like this:

kitpoputtebe_0-1651041970890.png

As you see Heavy/Like a Witch, while the correct song that should now be playing is displayed again on position 3. The song Silver To Rust is on position 2 even though it finished playing and should no longer be here. The Urn on position 4 is the song that should be next up. The rest of the songs that I added to the queue are not visible, but will play correctly in order if I let it play.

2. Next I press play on the first song from Mars Red Sky's album The Proving Grounds. The song DOES NOT PLAY but it is visible on the queue. The song that was playing has not finished, but when I pressed play it went to the next song from the queue.

kitpoputtebe_1-1651042209042.png

What I would expect here if this was working is to hear The Proving Grounds, then the rest of the All Them Witches songs in the queue and then the rest of the Mars Red Sky songs.

3. I go press play on a different album (Cognitive by Soen) it's going to start playing The Urn from the start and give me the something went wrong message if I go look at the Queue.

kitpoputtebe_2-1651042512390.png

4. Reloading the page doesn't help, but closing and reopening the application TWICE gets me back to the same old 4 songs queue

kitpoputtebe_3-1651042558193.png

The song on #2 is either never going to play or going to play after all of the songs that were "added to Queue" finish.

Hey @Kit-poput-te,

Thanks for the reply with the extensive description.

We couldn't replicate this issue on our devices. Would it be possible for you to post a vide recording of it, so we can fully understand what is going on on your end?

It is also important for us to know, if you're experiencing this issue with the queue only on the device the music is being played on or you're using Connect to manipulate the queue of another device.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I have the same problem. I would like to hear if you guys in the meantime found a solution for this.

Suggested posts