Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discovered on info disappeared

Solved!

Discovered on info disappeared

Since the update of the desktop app today, the "Discovered on" on an artist about page is gone. This was a really good way to find Spotify curators that's not owned by the big labels and I wonder if it's possible to find this function somewhere else.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Liking this post for visibility. I used that "Discovered On..." feature to find most of my playlists, and by extension, most of my new music. I really hope that this is just a bug. Browsing through the four billion different playlists to find something to follow is a little cumbersome.

EDIT: This does seem to be at least a semi-permanent change. Spotify is overhauling the "About" section on artist pages in order to give artists more control of their Spotify profiles.

Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Removed-features-Popular-Playlists-with-Artist-in-th...

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Yeah, wth? Yet another feature removed so Spotify can push their own playlists and make other playlists irrelavent. 

Follow me

The stats on the cities where the artist is most played have been removed as well. I'm hoping it's just a bug, that info was both fascinating and useful.

Marked as solution

Liking this post for visibility. I used that "Discovered On..." feature to find most of my playlists, and by extension, most of my new music. I really hope that this is just a bug. Browsing through the four billion different playlists to find something to follow is a little cumbersome.

EDIT: This does seem to be at least a semi-permanent change. Spotify is overhauling the "About" section on artist pages in order to give artists more control of their Spotify profiles.

Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Removed-features-Popular-Playlists-with-Artist-in-th...

This was a great feature to discover new, similar music. Hoping it's just a glitch.

I'm really disappointed to see this feature gone in the latest update and wish I could revert to see it returned. It was one of the main ways I found playlists full of related artists. I hear a great song by a new artist, check where it was discovered, and find 10 new artists who I might enjoy. 

And seeing the "most played in city X" stat didn't add anything, but it was really interesting, and enjoyable. 

Please bring these features back! 🙂 

Boo. It's not like there isn't enough real estate with a vertially scrolling app to have the "Top 5 Cities" and "Discoverd On" somewhere down there and allow users to enable to or disable the sections. 

Totally agree. I use it almost every single day to find new playlists and discover new artists. The change is especially maddening because for two days I've been trying to figure out which playlist I heard a particular song on. For some reason, the playlist isn't listed in my "Recently Played", and it's killing me that I can't view the popular playlists for that artist because I'm almost positive it would be listed there. I might even be following it but I have so many playlists that there's no way I can search them all. I really hope they plan on restoring this functionality!

This was a feature I had grown to rely upon for playlist discovery and I am sorry to see it go.

Hopefully this is some partially good news: it seems that you can see which Spotify playlists feature an artist as part of the search results that appear as you type.

This does not seem to integrate popular community playlists, unfortunately.

Screenshot 2017-07-31 16.14.36.png

Same here, liking for visibility. A total shame the functionality disappeared. For me the biggest value of spotify is to quickly get nice playlists made by people with the same music taste. I often think about an artist I know and want to listen to "similar" music. The "discovered on" feature allows me to find playlists that contain the artist and have a very quick way to find a playlists I like that may also contain artists I don't know. When I am at work I just want a quick playlist for music I "feel like".

I don't have that option anymore. Especially because the playlists that Spotify creates don't fit my music taste at all. They are very specific to the mainstream taste of the country I live (not my country of origin) and I definitely dislike them.

For me the real reason to use Spotify over illegal downloads is the ease of use, both to find new music and listen to playlists made by others. The second half is now gone for me.

Why is this marked as solved? There's no info here from spotify devs about the future of these features which were extremely useful and/or interesting, that many users grew to love and rely on. There's only confirmation here that they've removed them for the time being and to just wait and see. If we want those features back, we should let them know that we miss them.

So spotify devs, plans for those features?

Thanks.

Looks like it's back in a new layout for Spotify. In the about section of the artist, you now have top 5 Discovered on list  as well as top 5 Where People Listen.   I agree it was a great way to discover new playlists  so glad to see it back. 

Well spotted! It seems to include official Spotify and popular community lists too.

And there it went bye-bye again... Anyone else feel like they are in an abusive relationship and the abuser in that relationship is Spotify...

Follow me

Suggested posts