Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 11

Solved!

Error code 11

Hi,

I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install.

However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a problem. Can you please help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thankyou for your help, I figured out what was wrong, my TEMP folder was addressed to a old RAMDRIVE (called B:).

I had removed the RAMDRIVE software for some time ago, but forgot to change back the location of my TEMP folder to my C: drive.

Now corrected and the install went perfect! 😄

View solution in original post

11 Replies

@mklockseth wrote:

Hi,

I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install.

However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a problem. Can you please help?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

How much space is there free on your C drive since I think Spotify will automatically instal to the C drive?

You could also try using the full installer package from http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thankyou for your reply

I have 51Gb free space on my C: drive out of 215Gb. 

And I tried downloading the full installer package now and it gives me the same error

Marked as solution

Thankyou for your help, I figured out what was wrong, my TEMP folder was addressed to a old RAMDRIVE (called B:).

I had removed the RAMDRIVE software for some time ago, but forgot to change back the location of my TEMP folder to my C: drive.

Now corrected and the install went perfect! 😄

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your solution! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

yeah I am still stuck. Same problem. Any other dieas? Help!

Do you have any security software running?

Peter

I have avast free antivirus.

My TEMP environment variable had been set to the 😧 drive. I changed it back to C: drive and it installs perfectly.

it worked! ugh, i cant believe i tried so. many. other. things instead of this lol.. thanks!

I got this today after rebooting windows 7.

I found my environment variable PATH at the system level had gotten too long. Mine as about 1980 chars. I guess it must concatenate the user path with the system path and if they get above 2000 chars the thing doesn't know what to. So I removed out a few things that were old versions of software.

Rebooted and everything is good.

Suggested posts