Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home page does not load on both desktop app and web player

Solved!

Home page does not load on both desktop app and web player

Plan

Premium

Country

Vietnam

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As the title have stated, the home page does not load on both my desktop app and web player (mobile app still works). This happens across multiple devices and on different internet connections and specific to my account only. When I switch to another account of mine (on free plan), everything still works fine. I've tried to log out, reinstall but nothing seemed to work.

Screenshot 2022-08-11 091639.png
Screenshot 2022-08-11 091713.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

apparently the newest update fixed this

View solution in original post

55 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Latvia

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

How do I fix it? I have tried reinstalling Spotify and restarting my desktop

spotify.png

Hey @gnome1!

Is this still happening? Sometimes there are network issues that manifest in this, but they're usually gone as fast as they arrived 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The same thing is happening to me and it doesn't go away. Spotify support's only solution was for me to make a new account. I'm following 350+ artists... Kind of crazy. Let me know if anyone finds a fix. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Lenovo laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify Home page is not showing anymore. I keep getting: 

"Something went wrong. Search for something else?"

I tried using all the browsers: Edge, Firefox, Chrome, IE, but I have the same issue. I tried logging into another account for example, with the one my wife is using, also premium, everything is fine. It seems that there is something happening with my account.

Is there any workaround? I only use it directly from browser.

It got solved by itself without doing nothing. Problem was present for 3 days.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Desktop and Web Player 

Operating System

Windows 10, macOS 10.12

My Question or Issue

For the last couple of weeks my Home page/section has not been loading. This first started out on my home PC in the Spotify client, then it moved to the web player, and finally to my Mac at work, all i get is a "Something went wrong. Search for something else"

I have tried to reinstall and log in and out, but nothing seems to work

Spotify_cqhqEQBnmM.png

Hey @RusuAdrian,

Thanks for posting on the Community 🙂

We really appreciate the time you took to keeping us posted. Let us know if you need anything else.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you. 

CarlosEModerator

Hey @HumboShot,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We understand you followed some troubleshooting. Can you try reinstalling the app again? A clean reinstall could make a difference in this case. You can give it a try, you can follow the steps to do it here.

Since you mentioned you noticed this issue is present on the web player as well, do you see if it persists when you use a different browser from the one you regularly use?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

A clean reinstall did not help the issue. I did try to log into another browser and the home section showed the first time, but if i than reloaded the page, then it stopped working.

Hi, 

I have the same problem as RusuAdrian but it has not resolved itself in 3+ days. I have tried clearing the caches and doing a clean reinstall. Is there any other workaround?

Hey @Sirleemuchiri205,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you tell us more about your specific device setup like brand/model and operating system? It would be also helpful if you post screenshots of how the app looks like on your end.

It's important to know if the issue is occurring on multiple devices (mobile and desktop) or only a certain one.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @HumboShot,

Thanks for letting us know.
Have you checked if this issue persists with another account, logged in to Spotify via your devices?
This seems to be either account or network specific, so we'll need to do some more testing here 🙂
Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried to create a new account, and i can not reproduce the bug with that account. Hopefully this will help in your investigation 

I am experiencing the same issue as well. 

The issue was only on my desktop, both on  Spotify web player and the desktop app. I didn't have the problem on my iPhone. 

I'm using Windows 10 Pro OS. I contacted Spotify Support yesterday and today when I started the player the issue had been resolved. Unfortunately I had not taken a screenshot beforehand. 

Hey folks!

The issue seems to be quieting down now. Could you let us know if you're still experiencing it?
Much appreciated.

@th_stagmeister
@HumboShot

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue as well. Spotify web player and app home page (both on desktop - Win 10) comes up with the "Something went wrong. Search for something else" error. I've tried reinstalling several times with no progress. Tried opening it on different browsers as well and still nothing.

Hey @Chimm,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check if a different Spotify account behaves the same on your device?

Also try switching the network connection, if possible. You can use a hot spot from your phone.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am still experiencing it

Suggested posts