Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting logged out and downloads deleted

Keep getting logged out and downloads deleted

I keep getting logged out of my Spotify desktop app after a restart (not always, but most of the time). This has been happening for a while now, but it never bothered me that much because I can just log back in. That was until now, when I have some songs downloaded, and the downloads all disappear after being logged out. I have tried both desktop apps (App from Windows Store and app from the Installer for Windows) and still occasionally get logged out like this.
3 Replies

Hi @quan11304!

Do you use any cache clearing software on your computer? If yes, then it's possible it's deleting some of Spotify's files. You can try adding the Spotify folder (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify) as an exception, or disabling the software entirely to see if the issue would still occur.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I know, I don't have such programmes on my laptop. Plus, other apps work fine. It's only Spotify that I'm experiencing this issue.

Hi there @quan11304,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we recommend that you remove and potential old cache files by following these steps,

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Have a great Friday!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts