Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media playback keyboard controls no longer work in desktop app

Solved!

Media playback keyboard controls no longer work in desktop app

On both my work and personal laptops, the media playback controls on the keyboard (the alternative Function keys that trigger 'Previous Track', 'Next Track', 'Pause/Play', and 'Stop') no longer work in the Windows Desktop app... I believe this started a week or two ago.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Paul140

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you trying to use these shortcuts? 

If so, could you let us know if the same happens while using the web player

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on one of your laptops to check if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Paul140

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you trying to use these shortcuts? 

If so, could you let us know if the same happens while using the web player

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on one of your laptops to check if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, thanks for the reply!  I was not aware of the keyboard shortcuts mentioned in your link.  These are great but I was l was referring to these on my keyboard, which can usually be used when the Spotify app doesn't have focus: 

9qkP1.jpg

But I've learned I was using the wrong term to refer to these 'media keys' - After learning this, I tracked down a fix on the Microsoft forums - it seems to be Teams is taking control of the play/pause and stop media keys.  When this happens, the Windows Spotify app no longer responds to these keys (but it does respond to the next/previous track keys!).  Restarting Teams fixed the issue, but it comes back when I get a call. 😄  At least I know a temporary fix. 

Thanks for your reply, I'll mark it as a solution as the issue is not with the Spotify app.

Hey @Paul140

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a good one 🙂 

EniModerator

Suggested posts