Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music disappearing on daily basis

Solved!

Music disappearing on daily basis

Kreator - Violent Revolution, Slayer - Repentless gone. These are very top albums. Gone from other services too. Can anyone explain this bull**bleep** to me? I'm not paying for any streaming services because of this **bleep** that you can wake up one day and half of your favourite music will be deleted. This should finally stop. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed

I understand your frustration very well and this is also the very reason I maintain my own local music library which doesn't depend on Internet. Let me explain why this happens 🙂

Spotify, and quite possibly all the other streaming services would love to have all of the content available for everybody everywhere.

Sadly sometimes there are various occasions that may cause some of the content to become unavailable - changes in licensing, rights changing hands, artist's decisions, agreements are pending or can't be reached (just to name a few).

For example, recently lots of metal albums became unavailable because the label (Nuclear Blast) was working on some changes. As a result some of the metal albums disappeared for a little while. They became available soon after.

As much as this disappearing and re-appearing may irritate users (especially those paying for the service), it's something that just may happen. Streaming services like the Internet in general are everchanging. 🙂

If you'd like more information on these particular albums, I suggest reaching out to the artists or labels, they possibly know better what's up!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed

I understand your frustration very well and this is also the very reason I maintain my own local music library which doesn't depend on Internet. Let me explain why this happens 🙂

Spotify, and quite possibly all the other streaming services would love to have all of the content available for everybody everywhere.

Sadly sometimes there are various occasions that may cause some of the content to become unavailable - changes in licensing, rights changing hands, artist's decisions, agreements are pending or can't be reached (just to name a few).

For example, recently lots of metal albums became unavailable because the label (Nuclear Blast) was working on some changes. As a result some of the metal albums disappeared for a little while. They became available soon after.

As much as this disappearing and re-appearing may irritate users (especially those paying for the service), it's something that just may happen. Streaming services like the Internet in general are everchanging. 🙂

If you'd like more information on these particular albums, I suggest reaching out to the artists or labels, they possibly know better what's up!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts