Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to run Spotify if Radvision/Avaya Scopia Desktop is installed (WPVideoHook.dll)

Not able to run Spotify if Radvision/Avaya Scopia Desktop is installed (WPVideoHook.dll)

If Avaya Scopia Desktop videoconferencing is installed, Spotify repeatedly gives error dialog with this text. 

Why is Spotify trying to load this third party dll?

---------------------------
Spotify: Spotify.exe - Bad Image
C:\Users\tarapcik\AppData\Local\Radvision\Conference Client\8.3.700.32\WPVideoHook.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.
OK

3 Replies

Hey @TaroSK,

That's not something I've come across before. Is it the same for both the desktop app and the Spotify App installed through the Microsoft store?

Let me know how you get on,

Andy

Yes, I had standalone version and migrated to Store version - to no avail.

Seems like Spotify is based on web browser and for some reasons it tries to
load these plugins that are for Firefox/Chrome/Internetexplorer.

Correction, problem is in Microsoft Store version of Spotify (anyway I memember being somehow migrated to this version during update of spotify). 

After uninstall and reinstall of "stadard" windows application (spotifySetup.exe), I have working Spotify againg.

Anyway, in this standard Spotify version "log in with facebook" is not working if you are behind proxy (regardles if Auto detect or Manual proxy configuration was used). I had to temporary switch to public wifi to login to facebook. 

Moreover Spotify on corporate network takes as much as 30 second to detect proxy settings after it starts.

Suggested posts