Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save not working (not over limit)

Solved!

Save not working (not over limit)

I stumbled upon a problem with the save function today: when I click "save" from the album view window the button says "saved" for a very brief moment, then reverts to "save". "Your Music" does not show the album after this. In other words, it behaves as if I am over the 10,000 song limit, only I am not: removing albums does not change anything.

When I individually save all the songs on an album, it does show the check marks in front of each track as if they were added, but the tracks still don't show up in "Your Music".

Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance  🙂

PS: doing a clean install did not work.

35 Replies

Hello everyone! I want to reassure you that we're taking a closer look at all your posts and confirming exactly what's going on here. 

Thanks so much for posting here and for @dinomight for helping us collect info on this!

Hi.

I have this exact same problem. Just over 9000 tracks and not possible to save anything. Very frustrating. Any updates?

Max.

@Governator87 wrote:

I stumbled upon a problem with the save function today: when I click "save" from the album view window the button says "saved" for a very brief moment, then reverts to "save". "Your Music" does not show the album after this. In other words, it behaves as if I am over the 10,000 song limit, only I am not: removing albums does not change anything.

When I individually save all the songs on an album, it does show the check marks in front of each track as if they were added, but the tracks still don't show up in "Your Music".

@Governator87 wrote:

Marked as solution

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing your questions regarding Your Music to the Community. Some of you have mentioned you're unsaving albums/songs after hitting the Your Music limit. You're then still unable to save new tracks/ albums.

First, it's important to understand that saving an album counts as the track total + 1 album. For example, if you save Diiv – Oshin with 13 tracks it counts as 14 items in Your Music (13 tracks + 1 album). If you're saving just one song it counts as 1 item.

Secondly, it seems a very, very small percentage of users were able to save slightly beyond 10,000. This is why you've been unable to save new albums after deleting a few. For example, if you were able to save 10,600 items, unsaving a few albums will still put you beyond the 10,000 limit. For now you'll need to continue unsaving items until you can save again. If we have an update on this we will post here but we don't have a timeline for any updates at the moment.

Thanks again for your patience while we looked into this. Please continue bringing your feedback to the Community.

Ah ok. That makes much more sense while simultaneously making absolutely no sense at all.

To be honest, this isn't going to necessarily sway me off of Spotify since no other service does what Spotify does, currently (have streaming music mixed with local files in one app.) But still, the 10,000 whatever limit is a bit rediculous.

Now that the problem has at least been clearly explained, I will soldier on, albeit a bit disappointed.

Glad to know the root of the problem. Will be curious to see if the logic behind this album tracks + 1 thing ever comes to light.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Meredith. I'll delete some albums I guess.

On another, but related, note: the 10.000 song limit seems very low to me and from reading the community posts I gather that I am not the only one who feels that way.

Since Your Music is intended as a collection, I would very much like to be able to use it as such. I hope some solution to this problem will be implemented soon. Being able to save 10.000 albums would be more than sufficient for most I'm sure. 

Hey @Governator87 another user has already started the idea "Increase maximum songs allowed in 'Your Music'" in the Ideas Board. That's the best place to add kudos and leave your feedback. 

If we have any updates regarding the limit we will post there first--thanks!

When you're a music lover (like many in this thread), you like to make a collection of artists, albums and titles and keep it close to you, ready to listen something, just like you have had CD or vynils in your shelf.

I was on Spotify, went to Rdio for two features (Collection, equivalent of My Music on Spotify and Read later). My collection was more than 50k titles. After the freshly death of Rdio service, I move back to Spotify and quickly discover your limitation.

Seriously I can't believe it. You can target mass market (people who don't have a lot in My Music or probably who even haven't noticed yet the My Music feature) and collaborate with music lovers which share a lot through Spotify, social networks, blogs... Extending to 100k or 500k doesn't seem a big deal. What's behind this? Technical constraints, huge loadtime for the section within the apps? I'd like to understand better (if no disclosure needed for sure=

I honestly love your service, there's plenty of good ideas but this kind of limitation doesn't send a good sign for heavy users. Hope you'll understand my point. I don't like to have a "Save later" folder in my playlists, waiting for you to move on this point. I won't threat you to move to Apple Music because you may be the streaming MVP currently but to remain on top of the world, please send positive note to Spotify diggers.

Cheers

I have also reached the 10.000 limit.

I've been using spotify for years. Initially I had the free version with ads. I moved to the paid version in order to use it on my phone. I also bought a 32GB card for the phone, and already THE FIRST DAY the 3333-songs-on-your-phone limit was hurting me.

I can get over that by rolling the collection that I have downloaded on the phone. But I tried to expand that collection a bit and quickly hit the 10.000 songs limit, which is a lot harder to get over.

On the PC, I save playlists with just one song from each band I like. Then I go to the list, click on the band, and play all you have from them. This doesn't work on the phone: I have to SAVE everything I will ever want to listen to on the phone, then download for off-line playing.

10.000 songs is the amount of music I listen to in about three or four months. My mp3 collection has around 60.000 songs (it's mostly classics, I want Spotify for newer stuff, but I really need to kill these limits for it to work for me).

SUMMARY: I'd like to have a better version of Spotify, without these limits. I'd gladly pay a bit more for them (currently I have a two-accounts family plan for 15eur/month, I could go to 25 eur/month if both these limits went away, the 10.000 one and the 3.333 one). No idea how you would call it, though, since premium and unlimited ended up being so... for-the-99% and limited.

Please allow us again to add over 10.000 songs to playlists again? It was always possible.

why remove that functionality? There is no good reason for that is there?

what is the problem? 

Do you even realize you said absolutely NOTHING in that statment??????
You did NOT address this ridiculous issue AT ALL. We are talking about the **bleep** 10,000 song "favoriting/saving" limit!!!! We HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS ON YOUR BOOSHIET FORUM FOR YEARS!!!! There are literallt HUNDREDS of pages on this topic. HUNDREDS. 
Apple has a 100,000 song limit. Others have NO LIMIT... it's INSANITY...
what is the point of it!!!??? I mean, at least if Spotify gave a good reason as to WHY we can't literally just favorite unlimited songs, we might be less angry. But no, we are simply ignored... Thing is, it doesn't do ANYTHING to your system, or data storage, or licensing... we just want to be able to bookmark our favorite bands and songs... It's really THAT SIMPLE... When Rdio died (sadly), I was forced to come back to Spotify, which i find repulsive (design, interface, user friendliness etc etc).... I took my entire collection A-Z... But as I was transferring my favorites and playlists to Spotify, it stalled out at E (in my alphabetized band list) and told me I had reached my limit... **bleep**?????????? what limit? i pay for this shiz! i don't even care about the 3333 offline songs... i just want unlimited favorites/saving/bookmarking... how hard is that!!??? Spotify apparently put something out saying, "Sorry, only around 1% of our users are having this issue. So we don't feel the need to address it." REALLY??? well, if you have over 100 million users, thats ONE MILLION PEOPLE!!!!!!!! even if you just count the 40 million paying customers, that's still 400,000 ANGRY PEOPLE... FFS, get your **bleep** together.
i've already been transferring my collection to iTunes... Everything about this company SUCKS..
At least Apple listens to it's customers.

I just hit the 10,000 song limit after 2 months of paying for this service. Guess, I'm going to have to find a better streaming music service. 10,000 songs is ridiculously small. If I put my whole library on shuffle, I want it to have some actual variety. And my phone doesn't have a 2TB hard drive for me to store a reasonable amount of music.

I cannot believe this severe limitation is not communicated to customers BEFORE they pay for your premium services. I feel like I've been ripped off. Based on this thread, these complaints have been levied for years. I'm definitely not renewing my premium subscription. How many customers do you have to lose to fix this problem?

I hit my 10,000 limit about a year ago and have kept using Spotify. Deleting albums to add new ones since. I just didn't want to leave Spotify as I had my library, my playlists and also no other provider has the same amount of collaboration with radio stations, music festivals etc.

However I believe the time has come to change, I can't keep deleting my favourite music to add new stuff, I want a library that I can use for life. I don't want to have my music in two or three different places. Spotify say that 1% of users reach the limit, well in 10 years when some people have been using Spotify for 15 years do they think that will still be the case?

I am deleting my account today, after 5 years, exactly for this reason 🙂

One year after hitting the limit, I will leave the platform. Maybe in the future I will come back to it.

Hello everyone.

So this isn‘t just frustrating for me actually. It seems straightup impudent to me.

Now, if this 3‘333-song-per-device limit is a softwareproblem that couldn‘t be resolved yet, i‘d be absolutely fine with that. I don‘t know how the directory for cached songs is structured and if that creates a limitation in terms of namespacing. But if it‘s just yet another way to keep users from „cheating“ just like you can‘t stay offline for more than 30 days (which itself would be something i‘d understand), i‘d be furious.

But again, feel free to correct me, if this limitation isn‘t something intentional. Because i think there are alot of fanatics with over 3‘333 Songs and a much worse dataplan than me.

Why is there this **bleep** download-limit?? I like to download audiobooks but many of them are 50+ tracks for ~1,5h story. So the 10.000 tracks are reached very fast.

This is **bleep**ed up Spotify!
Either save audiobooks in one-track version or remove this stupid limitations or I will cancel my account...

Suggested posts