Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save not working (not over limit)

Solved!

Save not working (not over limit)

I stumbled upon a problem with the save function today: when I click "save" from the album view window the button says "saved" for a very brief moment, then reverts to "save". "Your Music" does not show the album after this. In other words, it behaves as if I am over the 10,000 song limit, only I am not: removing albums does not change anything.

When I individually save all the songs on an album, it does show the check marks in front of each track as if they were added, but the tracks still don't show up in "Your Music".

Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance  🙂

PS: doing a clean install did not work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing your questions regarding Your Music to the Community. Some of you have mentioned you're unsaving albums/songs after hitting the Your Music limit. You're then still unable to save new tracks/ albums.

First, it's important to understand that saving an album counts as the track total + 1 album. For example, if you save Diiv – Oshin with 13 tracks it counts as 14 items in Your Music (13 tracks + 1 album). If you're saving just one song it counts as 1 item.

Secondly, it seems a very, very small percentage of users were able to save slightly beyond 10,000. This is why you've been unable to save new albums after deleting a few. For example, if you were able to save 10,600 items, unsaving a few albums will still put you beyond the 10,000 limit. For now you'll need to continue unsaving items until you can save again. If we have an update on this we will post here but we don't have a timeline for any updates at the moment.

Thanks again for your patience while we looked into this. Please continue bringing your feedback to the Community.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

I'm trying to get some more information on this now as I've been having this problem too this weekend. I thought I must've hit the limit, but I'm still about 1,000 songs under. I can confirm this is occurring on desktop, mobile, and web.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue. Still below the (absurd) 10,000 song limit, but nothing will save.

Hey @jevau and @Governator87 We're gathering a bit more info on this now. About how many songs do you already have saved in Your Music? 

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for replying. I have close to 10,000 songs in my collection—that's also how I know that it behaves like this when you hit the limit.

Hey Meredith,

I currently have 9,205 in My Music. I thought I might be getting to close to the cap so I started removing stuff and sorting it to playlists, but I stiall can't save anything 😕

I have the same problem. "My music" is up to about 9,500 songs - so I should be able to save more songs and stay within the 10,000 limit. But I can't save anything more.

Any news?

Still can't save anything new 😞

No news unfortunately, beyond it being confirmed as a bug. Be sure to follow this thread for more updates.

dinomightSpotify Star

@jevau wrote:

Hey Meredith,

I currently have 9,205 in My Music. I thought I might be getting to close to the cap so I started removing stuff and sorting it to playlists, but I stiall can't save anything 😕

How many albums do you have saved @jevau ? Most likely you've reached 10,000 with track and albums combined. 

@sebcat wrote:

I have the same problem. "My music" is up to about 9,500 songs - so I should be able to save more songs and stay within the 10,000 limit. But I can't save anything more.

@sebcat Do you have any albums saved? What's probably happening is you have the other 500 in albums so you've hit the 10,000 limit. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

@sebcat wrote:

@sebcat Do you have any albums saved? What's probably happening is you have the other 500 in albums so you've hit the 10,000 limit. 

I'm not this user, but this makes absolutely no sense because when you save albums it adds them to to the song list as well.

I have to agree that makes no sense according to the way Your Music has always worked. Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't even get the song count down if I try to remove songs or albums. Then, I can't add back what I removed. The whole thing is absolutely broken for me.
dinomightSpotify Star

@Meredith, I agree with @danc27 and @dinomight, since the songs saved in my "Albums" equals the songs saved in my "Songs," there's no way one could outweigh the other.

Here's another screenshot example that hopefully illustrates the issue a little clearer:

http://cl.ly/image/40320u3b1L2H

I have 9183 songs saved in "My Music," listed under "Songs." Since I only save full albums, this is all of the tracks being saved my my "Albums" collection. If I go to an album I already have saved, unsave it (knowing already that I am well under the 10,000 song limit), then go back to re-save it, I no longer have the ability to add it to my albums or my songs.

This is the main issue and this is a very troublesome issue. The explanation you gave makes no sense considering this behavior and I'm noticing this across all platforms (desktop, mobile, web). If I save an album in the iOS mobile app, it appears in my albums for a while, then disappears when I relaunch the app.

Hopefully this clears up the issue that some of us are currently facing.

I honestly really enjoy using Spotify and I think the UI redesign was a huge improvement and the addition of the "Your Music" section was great/the #1 reason why I switched back from Rdio. At the end of the day I can live with the 10,000 song limit, knowing that eventually Spotify will have to increase this as the service continues to grow and expand, but this new behavior of not being able to re-save unsaved albums or adding songs when the user is clearly below the 10,000 cap needs to be fixed or I'm very loudly moving back over to Rdio.

@jevau wrote:

@meahtenoha, I agree with @danc27 and @dinomight, since the songs saved in my "Albums" equals the songs saved in my "Songs," there's no way one could outweigh the other.

Here's another screenshot example that hopefully illustrates the issue a little clearer:

http://cl.ly/image/40320u3b1L2H

I have 9183 songs saved in "My Music," listed under "Songs." Since I only save full albums, this is all of the tracks being saved my my "Albums" collection. If I go to an album I already have saved, unsave it (knowing already that I am well under the 10,000 song limit), then go back to re-save it, I no longer have the ability to add it to my albums or my songs.

This is the main issue and this is a very troublesome issue. The explanation you gave makes no sense considering this behavior and I'm noticing this across all platforms (desktop, mobile, web). If I save an album in the iOS mobile app, it appears in my albums for a while, then disappears when I relaunch the app.

Hopefully this clears up the issue that some of us are currently facing.

I honestly really enjoy using Spotify and I think the UI redesign was a huge improvement and the addition of the "Your Music" section was great/the #1 reason why I switched back from Rdio. At the end of the day I can live with the 10,000 song limit, knowing that eventually Spotify will have to increase this as the service continues to grow and expand, but this new behavior of not being able to re-save unsaved albums or adding songs when the user is clearly below the 10,000 cap needs to be fixed or I'm very loudly moving back over to Rdio.

Yes, great screen recording! That's exactly what happens whenever I remove an album. I don't like the 10,000 limit, but changes have been floated around for awhile regarding that, and I still look forward to seeing some of those come to fruition (I hope). But, in the meantime, this bug has effectively killed any way of modifying the collection besides removing music, which then results in being unable to add it back even though it was just there, in addition to still not allowing any other new music to be saved.

dinomightSpotify Star

Yes I don't understand this either, as all the songs from albums are already part of my song count, and it is still some way below 10,000 tracks in total

Whenever I try to "Save" an album to "My music/your music" the album will not save...it clicks on for a partial second as "Saved" but then shows the save button again. I have not hit my limit as I have 9227 songs in my library. Please help!

Hey @drache713 I've moved your post to this thread where the issue is currently being discussed. Please also have a look at this bug post and add any additional details you may have. Hopefully, this will all be resolved soon. Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts