Spotify Desktop works but is not able to connect to external devices

Solved!

Spotify Desktop works but is not able to connect to external devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Asus Laptop trying to connect to external device to play music e.g. Google Cast or Internet Radia

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I have the latest version of BitDefender on my machine and the firewall rule does not block Spotify, since I am able to play music on my laptop. However, when I try to connect Spotify to an external device, this does not work. It takes forever and after 20' it times out without a message and the device disappears from the list of devices.

Bitdefender does not show a message that something is trying to connect to the network, so the firewall is not triggered in any way by any application.

This worked on my previous laptop (Windows10), it also worked on this laptop before I installed BitDefender. 

I don't find any info on the BitDefender side, also not in the EventViewer and I have no idea where to look for Spotify logfiles .

Can anybody provide me some info where I can find logfiles from Spotify? I would like to find out what exactly is blocking the connection.

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK, I found the solution myself....

When I plugged in the UTP cable in my laptop it started to work all of a sudden. Bitdefender allows multiple categories of network adapters: Home/office, public and dynamic. Dynamic is supposed to cover all and switch when needed. It does not seem to work correctly for Spotify when using extra devices.

When using the Wifi adaptor Dynamic in BitDefender, it does not work. When using Wifi Dynamic + Ethernet adaptor Home/Office it works. Also when only using Wifi and set it to Home/Office it works.

I hope changing network adaptor setting in BitDefender does not have any side effects.... but at least Spotify now works as I want it 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

OK, I found the solution myself....

When I plugged in the UTP cable in my laptop it started to work all of a sudden. Bitdefender allows multiple categories of network adapters: Home/office, public and dynamic. Dynamic is supposed to cover all and switch when needed. It does not seem to work correctly for Spotify when using extra devices.

When using the Wifi adaptor Dynamic in BitDefender, it does not work. When using Wifi Dynamic + Ethernet adaptor Home/Office it works. Also when only using Wifi and set it to Home/Office it works.

I hope changing network adaptor setting in BitDefender does not have any side effects.... but at least Spotify now works as I want it 🙂

Suggested posts