Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify (Windows Desktop) Forces Login Through Browser

Solved!

Spotify (Windows Desktop) Forces Login Through Browser

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I open the Spotify (Windows Desktop application), I no longer receive the login prompt (it had stopped working maybe 2-3 days ago); instead, I receive the prompt in the attached image, asking me to login through the browser.  Login from the browser works, but I would prefer to login from the app and not always open a browser.

I have already tried uninstalling, clearing temporary and registry files, restarting the computer, then reinstalling.

I checked with my Firewalls and they all seem to permit Spotify to do as it pleases.

I don't seem to have any connection issues as I'm freely surfing the web and logging in from the browser.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 030706.png
103 Replies

I got the same issue with Mac, ever time to jump to browser to click Start with the app, bug there's no any response with the app. sometimes there shows a auth:1 err log. 

pls fix

finally s solution that works

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Why is account login required to open the desktop app?  I often just wish to use the app in offline mode when no service exists.  My Ipad app opens without requiring browser authentication. Why is this not the same for Dell Laptop?  

Suggested posts