Premium

Country

FI

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify changes the album when track choosed to que / playing. Also the artist (may change), album cover etc. Why is that happening ? I would like to see/play the original album. The original release is available.  The play thing (que) is not relevant, I just play that way.  I can guess already this has something to do with track being found elsewhere, but then it is very close to trying to alter streams/stream figures. Examples: Solange/True, CHVRCHES/The Bones Of What You Believe (Deluxe Edition), PMMP/2000-luku.

The scrobbling to LastFM goes right, but everything else is changed.

3 Replies

Hi there @Blueberry,

Thanks for the post!

It would be great if you share a screen recording, so we can see exactly what you mean, and offer assistance.

If the file is too big to attach here, you can add a link to an external video sharing platform.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for reply! Recording is too complicated, but here are the screenshots.

Spotify_Que_example.jpg

Here are the tracks waiting in que. Tracks 5 and 6: album cover is changed and the album name too. Both tracks are picked from The Bones of What You Believe (Deluxe Editon) and the cover should be red like track 3 and from that album mentioned, not from singles.

Spotify_Que_example_C.jpg

They are picked from here, 15 and 22.

Spotify_Que_example_CSP.jpg

 This is how it looks like when playing (Spotify album cover) in bottom left, from Lies -single.

Spotify_Que_example_CS.jpg

This is what I see in LastFM Now Playing.

The question was, why the changes ? (Album, Album Cover). The same goes also to ZVVL..

Spotify_Que_example_CSZ.jpg

 ..  and the other tracks also, but I think the point should be more clear now.

Solange's True (album cover) is red when I search it, but something else when playing.

And PMMP's "Oi, Herra Luoksein Jää, Virsi 555" is totally changed: Album Cover, Album, Artist and Track Name. 

It should be this: spotify:track:0losZyYE9LVOVdxJakIkVj

but when it's playing or even added to que.. 

spotify:track:2IoeB0jIGxvXcXDwMc69Ix

from album  spotify:album:10P4XM7E32pjnYF8BO8N5I

The content is right in every case as far as I can say. The last one is confusing even LastFM, but scrobbles right - kind of.

Hi @Blueberry,

Thank you for taking the time to send us all this useful info. 

It helped us understand what's happening, and in this case, there's a difference in the songs you're trying to play. 

Regarding the band CHVRCHES, the Asian Deluxe Edition is not available anymore on Spotify, even if you had saved it before. At the moment, only the normal and the Special Edition are available.

That's why when playing the songs "ZVVL" and "It's Not Right But It's Okay" they show with other covers, because they're taken from other releases where they're available. 

About PMMP, the situation is similar. When searching for the song "Oi, Herra Luoksein Jää, Virsi 555" we found the songs is included in two different releases. One of them is in the album "2000-luku" and the other is in the compilation "Tikkutakki 1".

Lastly, about Solange's album, the release currently available displays the Limited Edition cover.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts