Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect only works for web browser and not desktop app?

Spotify connect only works for web browser and not desktop app?

So I used to only listen to spotify via my phone and my laptop and I would use spotify connect to just skip through songs using my phone while i was listening to it on my laptop because i’m lazy. Eventually I ended up getting an ipad and i downloaded spotify to listen to music, obviously, and then about a couple months after when i was trying to use spotify connect i realised my desktop app wouldnt show up while playing music. I try a bunch of things to fix it, reinstalling, offline mode, etc. and then another 2 months later I ended up using the web version of spotify to listen to a playlist bc my app wasnt opening and then noticed that spotify connect worked and spotify web browser showed up on my ipad. Spotify connect would only work for the browser version and not the desktop app, I have tried reinstalling and ive tried the different settings and ive tried logging everything else out but nothing has worked and its such a pain. Hoping at least someone has a fix.

Plan
Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad Pro 11th Gen (I think), Acer Aspire 3 (I think)

Operating System

Windows 10, iOS 13.7, iPadOS 15.5

3 Replies

Hi there @txerrible,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Great start with the troubleshooting!

To start with, can you log out everywhere and back in twice in a row? It may sound strange, but this will force sync your account with the servers and can often help with issues like this.

On another note, can you confirm that you followed the steps that are provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi! im having a similar issue, with my case, i linked my spotify and discord account, but ive discovered that discord is linked to the web browser one, not the app, is there a way that i can make discord link to the app intead of the web browser? thanks

okay i figured it out i spent over an hour LOL, my spotify would only broadcast on my discord with the spotify browser. I fixed this by logging out of everything, relogging in, going to the mobile spotify app, turning on offline mode while i had music playing on my desktop app, then turning the offline mode back off. Hopefully that works.

Suggested posts