Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has no audio

Spotify has no audio

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Model Blade 15 Base Model (Early 2020) - RZ09-0328
I've tried reinstalling, clearing cache, updating windows, and everything else recommended in posts, but my Spotify will not play audio on my laptop. It will, however, play video for Podcasts that have them just without the audio. Whenever I try to play anything a blue pop-up reads "Spotify can't read this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". It doesn't even work if I have connected the audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Can someone help me fix this issue?
5 Replies

Hey @Parakeeni,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We appreciate you sending us all the steps that you've already tried to solve this.

Here are a few other things that might help:

• Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software that might be affecting the app, and turn off VPN if in use.
  • Try to disable hardware acceleration in the app. Go to Settings > Compatibility > toggle off "Enable hardware acceleration" option then restart Spotify.
  • Try to reproduce this with a different account. If a family member has a Spotify account, ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

In case the issue persists, could you please try to play something in the Web Player instead to see if there's a difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've tried all these tips to no avail, but it works in the web player. It still does not play audio via the client

Hey @Parakeeni.

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sharing with us the Spotify version you're currently running in your computer?

On another note, we'd like to check, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

As mentioned by @Lyubka, did you check if the same is happening if you open a different account in the affected device? It’d be awesome and helpful if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in your computer and check.

Lastly, at the moment, it's possible to download the app from both the Microsoft Store and our Web page here. So in this case, if you install the desktop app from the web page, try to uninstall that version and try installing the one from the Microsoft one or vice versa. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Sorry for the delayed reply, my semester is ending, and things are crazy right now. I have tried using the account on other devices with no problems. I should be using the most recent version of Spotify, as I uninstalled and reinstalled the application

Hi there @Parakeeni

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, have you tried reinstalling the app from a different source? If you installed the desktop app from our web page, make sure to uninstall that version and try installing the one from the Microsoft Store or vice versa. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your PC to check if they can replicate this issue with their own account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts