Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's autoplay not working at the end of a playlist, friend activity failed to load.

Spotify's autoplay not working at the end of a playlist, friend activity failed to load.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The autoplay function on the spotify desktop program doesn't work for me. I've tried restarting spotify, reinstalling it, switching the setting off and back on again, etc. Also, the friend activity feed says that it has failed to load. This has been happening for around a month now, spotify has the most recent version as well.

6 Replies

You are probably offline. If not, this is probably because Spotify updated their layout for free users.

Not offline, and is there a way I can fix this? Spotify is very annoying to use in the meantime without the auto play feature.

Do You have very short playlists? If it's 100 or more surely it's not a problem?

Same problems here, for now the solution is to install an older version of the desktop client:

< removed for security >

This is the official link from Spotify. Every version released after that one breaks the autoplay and friend feed for me. Another issue is the program will automatically update if it is restarted so the old version must be reinstalled in that case.

Edit: A way to stop the update is to delete the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Update folder before starting the program.

The really old versions had a fix You could use to simply stop it updating, isn't there anything similar for these New builds?

The only way to fix this is to download an older version of Spotify. kenryk has a link to it above.

Suggested posts