Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This track is not available for all tracks

Solved!

This track is not available for all tracks

Hello.

Two days ago out of the blue Spotify desktop app started showing "This track is not available" for all the tracks.

I have basically tried all the tips to remedy this problem but without any success.

I did:

- removed sound drivers

- disabled  and reenabled local storage

- disabled high quality streaming

- reinstalled the app

- logged to the app on another computer

- Tweaked sound device settings (disable enhancments etc)

My setup

- Dell Latitude 5450

- Windows 7 Pro 64bit

- Sound playing through dac/amp via usb (tried to play songs without it as well)

Other facts:

- I have premium account

- Spotify works on other machines (computer, tablet, phone)

- On the machine where desktop app does not work I also installed alternative Spotify client - Clementine. After adding my Spotify account it played my playlists without a problem.

This paragraph I would like to dedicate to Spotify desktop app devs.

Being a programmer I can clearly see that the problem is not with machine or OS configuration but with desktop app itself.

Many paying customers reported this issue over the months and the fact that this bug is still present is unacceptable.

Shame on you Spotify devs, shame (bell ringing), shame....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, if you are still having this problem then you can follow these simple steps which instantaneously helped me:

1. Click on file explorer.

2. Click on the top text box which tells you the file path and enter %appdata% .

3. Click spotify then Users.

4. Open spotify on the playlist.

5. Delete the user in the folder(temporarily).

6. Click the song(it should work now).

7. Undo the deleted User in the folder.

8. You're done enjoy listening to music again.

View solution in original post

144 Replies

Same, 

Except mine works on all other devices except for this one and yesterday it was behaving differently. It would only play songs that I had originally saved, today it won't play any of them.  Still all on this one desktop, it works on my laptop and my iPhone. It also works on the browser player, just the app that it's "not available".

I don't think it's the driver because yesteday it played all the songs I had saved.  Plus the fact that it's not skipping anything, just won't even play them.  

Not only will my app not play any song in any playlist (also for past 2 days--since 2/8/2016) and give the Can't Play Track error, it also won't play any songs on any Radio station nor in any searches for new songs, giving the same error message.

Uninstall/redownload did nothing. Agree that this version has a fatal flaw. Time for new streaming service.

I have the same thing going on. 

A fresh install seemed to fix it for about a week, now im getting the error again.

Im also on a Dell, Latitude E7450. 

Coincidence? 

As a last resort to fix this on my own, i checked for any driver updates and there was a BIOS update.  After installing and restarting i am now able to play all track.

may just be a coincidence (again).

Exact same thing here with a Dell Latitude E6540.  Reinstall did not fix it and I've checked all of their other troubleshooting suggestions.  

Jim

I went back and installed version 1.0.20.101 and it works fine.  

Jim

I will try that as well. Thanks.

It's a shame is that Spotify is really dropping the ball here. No word from support about this issue at all. Also every "fix" for this problem found on the forum was merely a potential workaround.

As a test I installed Tidal client. And guess what. Works flawlessly.

So dear Spotify. Fix your buggy software please.

I worked for me as well. Thanks! 🙂

Still I cannot mark that as a solution unfortunately because we all know this should not be a solution.

Thank you! Easy fix and now I can listen to the tracks again. 🙂

I can't seem to pinpoint when this is occurring, but from what I can tell, it's after I wake my Windows 10 system from sleep and try to play a track.

This actually worked.  Thank you so much!  I have been trying to get this resolved for days.  Spotify doesn't respond and makes it impossible to contact them.  

I've been having the same problem too for over a week, and it makes me so angry that there is almost no way to contact Spotify and that they still haven't done anything about it. All the solutions I found on the forum was rather nonchalant explanations that blamed it on: "Oh, the songs probably isn't available in your country:))))"

Thats not the thing. This problem is on Spotify's plate, they can't just shuffle it over to the users.

I did the same fix for the problem earlyer this week, but spotify automatically install the upgrade after it detects that a new version is available and i reopen spotify. How do I stop this from happening?

This article has a solution for your problem. It worked for me.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/12/how-to-downgrade-spotify

Thanks for the tip, It didt work for me though, cant seem to find the "spotify_new.exe" file, neihter in the folder or by searcing in windows explorer.

I am also experiencing this issue. It seems that no matter what I do, all of the tracks on my computer are deemed as unplayable by Spotify. These same exact tracks work on my Android! I was able to downgrade temporarily but Spotify forced me to upgrade.

Windows 10

Spotify 1.0.23.90.g42187855

For those of you with an internet connection not relying on offline play, the WebPlayer seems to work great until Spotify fixes their issue. "Web Player" link is on the spotify homepage, at the bottom.

Why is there not an automatic update feature or at least a ribbon that asks the user to update rather than say "The track is not available"? 

While I admittedly have failed my millenial fore-fathers and do not understand technology as much as my age tells me I should, this hasn't been a solution I have had to make in at least 5 years on a system... with the exception of my phones OS, I've not had to manually update a system in the same amount of time.

Thank you so much man i've tried everything and nothings worked until this. I wish spotify would get off there ass and actually respond to messages and fix the problems, I think it might be a problem with windows 10

Suggested posts