Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Asus zenbook flip 14

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since the big desktop redesign in March the volume slider in the lower right corner won't slide anymore when trying to slide it using the touchscreen on my computer. When using the mouse it works like before, but not when using touch. The issue is both in the Windows store version and the downloaded one.

I have had the issue in all of the versions since the redesign, the latest one which I've installed is: 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

4 Replies

Hey @vinzenz-s,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Can you let us know if you've already tried running a clean reinstall by following these steps? This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

Also, could you let us know if the same happens in the web player?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes I've reinstalled Spotify, and I've jumped back and forth between older versions, hence I know that it is an issue since the big redesign. I've got the same issue in the webplayer.

Hey there @vinzenz-s,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you send us a video of the issue, as it's helpful when we report this 🙂

Also, could you try logging in with another account, just to exclude all possible solutions?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

He's right,
Just came to report the same issue.
Touch input doesn't work for me for several devices, different installations and setup. It has always been this way.
Devices are: Asus Z13, Lenovo Yoga 720, Dell P2418HT, and had another Lenovo touchscreen at an office that I don't remember the serial.
Issue presents as follows:
If you're using touch input, and try to drag the volume slider, it does not drag. It stays put.
Only way you can increase volume using touch input, is to tap the end of the bar.
That almost never results in 100% volume (which is what I'm aiming for most of the times).
This doesn’t seem to be a local issue, as there’s just no way that many devices don’t work as intended.
Please check your code.

Suggested posts