NEXT STEP

Windows store spotify doesn't see local google home speakers

Windows store spotify doesn't see local google home speakers

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Windows 10 Laptop - Spotify 1.1.16.522.g55a4b852 (Microsoft Store Version)

Operating System

Windows 10 Home Version 1903

My Question or Issue

I have 2 google home minis and a chromecast on my local network, they don't show up on the "connect to a device menu" on microsoft store spotify, but does on mobile apps. 

If I initiate playback via google assistant voice command or phone app then the desktop app does show the current playing device.

However Amazon FireTV device on LAN does show up when not playing - don't know if that's interfering with google device discovery?

Need to be able to initiate connection to google speakers when not already playing.

Obviously tried restarting everything.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DirkBlade

1 Reply

Hey @DIRKBLADE 

Good news!

You can now find Chromecast in the connect "devices available" menu in the Spotify desktop app and browser web player. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app.

Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date. This feature is currently live in the latest Spotify desktop version downloaded from the Spotify website. I am not sure about the Microsoft store version, but it may be included in an update already out or coming soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts