Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Location

PlanFreeCountryAntigua and BarbudaDeviceHP Pavilion x360Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i try to log onto spotify on my computer it tells me " Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, update your p...

• Plan Free Country Antigua and Barbuda Device HP Pavilion x360 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i try to log onto spotify on my computer it tells me " Your countr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect to Device never shows right devices. Only TVs in other rooms.

I have been trying for a long time to use Spotify PC client as my main music source. I have two Google Nest Audios in stereo in my office. Every time I try to stream to them (Connect to device) the devices listed are all TV and NVIDIA Shields elsewhe...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been trying for a long time to use Spotify PC client as my main music source.   I have two Google Nest Audios in stereo in my office.   Every time I try to stream to them (...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song Radio doesn't feature the original song?

For my account across every device, when I go to Song Radio the original song doesn't appear as it died for other people with the same devices. Attached are two screenshots of the issue. I'm in the song radio for "Mural" by Lupe Fiasco and it isn't i...

• Casual Listener
  • For my account across every device, when I go to Song Radio the original song doesn't appear as it died for other people with the same devices.   Attached are two screenshots of the issue. I'm...
  • Vasil
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    bug
    Desktop
    device
    song radio
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Synchronising an album listening

Hello everyone.I'm new to Spotify, I've been using another streaming platform for years.I have a Spotify Family subscription and I use Spotify on my smartphone (Android) and my PC (Windows 11), obviously with the same account.The two devices are sync...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone. I'm new to Spotify, I've been using another streaming platform for years. I have a Spotify Family subscription and I use Spotify on my smartphone (Android) and my PC (Windows 11), o...
  • ShortfinMarko
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashes if email has a plus symbol

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIf you sign in with an account that has a "+" in it, (ex. **bleep**), Spotify will go in an error loop with no end.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue If you sign in with an account that has a "+" in it, (ex. **bleep**), Spotify will ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Most songs will not play on Windows 11 app

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueSpotify runs on all my android devices and on the PC's web player just fine, but almost all songs in the app don't respond at all. The only thing that indicates they even try ...

• Visitor
  • ...he cache.   So far I've restarted the computer, checked both public and private on the firewall setting, and reinstalled the app completely.    The app has worked on this computer b...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify can't login on windows11

iPlanPremiumCountry DeviceThinkbookOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or Issuethe setup exe I download from the website is not working. Everytime i try to install, the installation window half disappears suddenly.So I try to download it through m...

• Casual Listener
  • iPlan Premium Country   Device Thinkbook Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue the setup exe I download from the website is not working. Everytime i try to install, t...
  • BA70
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Your Library] Unplayable songs

The people like me that like to have our music organised and don't want to miss one music in our library would like to know what are the unplayable songs, this problem has been keeping me away to subscribe to spotify because of this small but for som...

• Regular
  • The people like me that like to have our music organised and don't  want to miss one music in our library would like to know what are the unplayable songs, this problem has been keeping me away ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Your Library
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Help is this normal !!!!

I can't find where to post this and my issue with web site player not desktop app but there no category for that to post any issues. My Question or Issue Why this happening what are these things with kanji for advertising 広告 they cant be deleted from...

• Regular
  • I can't find where to post this and my issue with web site player not desktop app but there no category for that to post any issues.   My Question or Issue   Why this happening what are...
  • uxYUYux
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Troubleshooting Several Issues

PlanFree/PremiumUSA DeviceWindows 10 My Question or IssueExperiencing several ongoing issues with the website:1. It is constantly attempting to rescale the screen resolution, blacking out the screen and interrupting all my work.2. It is constantly at...

• Plan Free/Premium USA   Device Windows 10   My Question or Issue Experiencing several ongoing issues with the website: 1. It is constantly attempting to rescale the screen resoluti...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All Local Files have the same album art

All of my local files on the desktop verison of spotify all have the same picture. They all have album art on my computer and in other applications but they all have the same album art in spotify. All of them have the same "album name" which is proba...

• Regular
  • All of my local files on the desktop verison of spotify all have the same picture. They all have album art on my computer and in other applications but they all have the same album art in spotify. Al...
  • Sandwichb6
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [Web Player] No Song Cover showing if we go on artist's profile

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceChrome (Desktop)Operating System My Question or IssueIf we open any artist's profile on spotify web player, the song cover is not showing

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Chrome (Desktop) Operating System   My Question or Issue If we open any artist's profile on spotify web player, the song cover is not showing 
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows desktop program auto plays/resumes unexpectedly

Plan: Premium, Country: USA, Device: PC Desktop, Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or IssueI have a pair of headphones I connect to both my PC and my cell phone at the same time. If I have Spotify open on my desktop but NOT playing AND I make ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium, Country: USA, Device: PC Desktop, Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a pair of headphones I connect to both my PC and my c...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fix Local Files after Switching Computer?

So I just got a new laptop and now all of the Local Files that I had saved in playlists and Liked Songs are greyed out, and clicking on them to play them gives the message "This content is not available". Is there any way I can get them to play again...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just got a new laptop and now all of the Local Files that I had saved in playlists and Liked Songs are greyed out, and clicking on them to play them gives the message "This content is not availa...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike option is missing in Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Release Radar

Plan: FreeCountry: USDevice: Windows Chrome Browser The dislike option is missing. See image below. Probably similar to this problem that was supposedly fixed, but isn't for me:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Remove-Dislike-so...

spotify.png
  • Regular
  • Plan: Free Country: US Device: Windows Chrome Browser   The dislike option is missing. See image below.   Probably similar to this problem that was supposedly fixed, but isn't for...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't rewind/forward songs if Low streaming quality is set

PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI believe that this is a bug, I can easily reproduce it.If the Low streaming quality is set, then I can't rewind or forward in songs. If I do, it just pauses for a second, then switches to the ne...

• Plan Free Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I believe that this is a bug, I can easily reproduce it. If the Low streaming quality is set, then I can't rewind or forward i...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution peloponezian

Wont play selected track unless i add it to my library then it will playWindows 10 Free/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Wont play selected track unless i add it to my library then it will play Windows 10     Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Opera...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses every 30 sec

PlanFree CountrySpain Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. I have uninstalled the program, deleted cookies, installed again, and nothing works. This is the second time it happens. First time I solved...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Country Spain   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. I have uninstalled the program...
  • Takati
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't download, Windows 10 Home

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue List and 'Add to Queue' disappears when ad crashes

PlanFreeCountryHawaii, USADeviceLenovo Legion S7 15ACH6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes an ad would freeze and I'm forced to close the app. When I re-open Spotify, my queue list and the 'Add to queue' option disappears. I'm fo...

• Plan Free Country Hawaii, USA Device Lenovo Legion S7 15ACH6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes an ad would freeze and I'm forced to close the app. When I re-...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes