Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution BUG: Drag and Drop upwards in Playlist doesn't scroll

v1.1.34.694Drag and Drop in a playlist correctly scrolls at the bottom (albeit very slowly) but doesn't at the top.This is a bug pure and simple.

• Music Fan
  • v1.1.34.694 Drag and Drop in a playlist correctly scrolls at the bottom (albeit very slowly) but doesn't at the top. This is a bug pure and simple.
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Problem with searching

Note: This thing is not only on desktop.When I type "Yodeling" to search engine, nothing happened. I would like to find playlists with this name, but there is nothing viewed. Same problem is also in Web version of Spotify, not only on Windows Desktop...

• Roadie
  • Note: This thing is not only on desktop. When I type "Yodeling" to search engine, nothing happened. I would like to find playlists with this name, but there is nothing viewed. Same problem is also i...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play any music

After the last update I can’t play any songs on my desktop. Spotify says it can’t play this song right now. I have tried to log out, close the app and then log in again. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. The funny thing is that my family...

• After the last update I can’t play any songs on my desktop. Spotify says it can’t play this song right now. I have tried to log out, close the app and then log in again. I have uninstalled the app an...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recent Searches do not show songs anymore.

PlanFreeCountryIndia DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue1 month ago I updated my Spotify on my pc and my android phone and recent searches do not show songs anymore. I can search and play the songs but it is not stored in the rece...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue 1 month ago I updated my Spotify on my pc and my android phone and recent searches do not s...
  • eThan0728
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Last.fm scrobbling gone

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceMultipleOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 10, Debian 10 My Question or IssueHi, after one of the latest updates (at least since April 3rd) the desktop and mobile apps stopped scrobbling to last.fm. I don't even see the ...

chilyashev_0-1617688381746.png chilyashev_1-1617688464866.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device Multiple Operating System Android, Windows 10, Debian 10   My Question or Issue Hi, after one of the latest updates (at least since April 3rd) the ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature Request: HTTPS only mode for VPN

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt is well known that Spotify doesn't like VPNs, more so since the new UI for desktop apparently. My guess is that Spotify uses tcp connections on specific ports that ...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It is well known that Spotify doesn't like VPNs, more so since the new UI for desktop ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No access to history

PlanFreeCountryArgentina DeviceMoto C / DesktopOperating System(Android 7, Windows 10) No access to history.Hello, I recently updated the desktop (three days ago, upon the app's request) and mobile app (with some delay) . I use Spotify Lite and deskt...

error 21 de agosto.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Argentina   Device Moto C / Desktop Operating System (Android 7, Windows 10)   No access to history. Hello, I recently updated the desktop (three days ago, up...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to add a song to playlist by right-clicking on the song title in the lower left corner (PC)

I used to add a song to my playlist by right-clicking on the song title in the lower left corner (with the album cover) for years, but it doesn't work anymore for last few days (or weeks?). Right-clicking on song titles shows nothing, but still works...

• Music Fan
  • I used to add a song to my playlist by right-clicking on the song title in the lower left corner (with the album cover)  for years, but it doesn't work anymore for last few days (or weeks?). Rig...
  • Dr_BeZt
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with queue of playlist

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello! I have a problem. The slider of the first track of the playlist (after the last track played) is not at 0:00

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello! I have a problem. The slider of the first track of the playlist (after the last track played) is...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist download halted halfway through and will not complete

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt is a playlist of mine that has around 2,600 songs and it simply will not complete its download (It has been fully downloaded before, but decided to redownload itself). Onl...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It is a playlist of mine that has around 2,600 songs and it simply will not complete its d...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search for a Song and show playlist its in.

I have hundreds of playlists as I cant filter by anything meaningful I also cant search for songs within the playlists so I have duplicate tracks in unused playlists can you advise on the following and not give some generic answer, please. 1. Can you...

• Regular
  • I have hundreds of playlists as I cant filter by anything meaningful I also cant search for songs within the playlists so I have duplicate tracks in unused playlists can you advise on the following a...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Issue

My Question or Issue I cant connect my desktop app to anything. Phone app is connecting normally to web player on this same pc but not to the app - i cant even see my desktop on the spotify connect list(basic reinstall doesnt works) PlanPremiumDevice...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   I cant connect my desktop app to anything. Phone app is connecting normally to web player on this same pc but not to the app - i cant even see my desktop on the spotify ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fullscreen Application Sized Wrongly

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceHP PavillionOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueThe window is improperly sized when uin fullscreen. As you can see there are a few pixels at the bottom of the application above the taskbar that aren't filled ...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device HP Pavillion Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue The window is improperly sized when uin fullscreen. As you can see there are a few p...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify changes the playing album

PlanPremiumCountryFIDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify changes the album when track choosed to que / playing. Also the artist (may change), album cover etc. Why is that happening ? I would like to see/play the origin...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country FI Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify changes the album when track choosed to que / playing. Also the artist (may c...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Album Cover
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Please add new languages to Spotify for Windows

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have noticed, that new languages...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played artists

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevice Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue Recently played artists doesn´t work. When I have the settings on "show recently artists" other users can not see my recently played artists, and when I log out the set...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device  Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Recently played artists doesn´t work. When I have the settings on "show recentl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloaded local files which are not on spotify do not play on other devices

I followed the instructions for making local files (which are NOT available on Spotify) available on mobile devices (article) as provided by Moderator Mario which worked fine. Now the files are downloaded to both desktop and iphone xr. I can play the...

• Music Fan
  • I followed the instructions for making local files (which are NOT available on Spotify) available on mobile devices (article) as provided by Moderator Mario which worked fine.   Now the files ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Friends feed not showing friends

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueMy "Friends activity" feed on Spotify only shows 1 person. I have my Spotify connected to Facebook and know several people who should be showing up but I only see the 1 frien...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows My Question or Issue My "Friends activity" feed on Spotify only shows 1 person. I have my Spotify connected to Facebook and kn...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't scroll on full screen mode

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi,I can't scroll through the song while full screen mode is on. There's no moving point on the progress bar, so I can't go back or forth with the mouse. Shift + left/righ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I can't scroll through the song while full screen mode is on. There's no moving point on t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify starts muted

PlanPremium CountryNetherlands DeviceDesktop PC Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueEvery time I start my pc, Spotify starts with it's sound muted. I have to manually go to spotify to unmute it which really starts to bother me

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country Netherlands    Device Desktop PC   Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Every time I start my pc, Spotify starts with it's so...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes