Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Your Library] Remove library lazy loading and cache a users library

IMO the lazy loading has significantly degraded the spotify desktop experience. I understand the appeal on Spotify's end due to the enormous amount of traffic spotify receives, however I'd suggest implementing a cache to store the users library and j...

• Casual Listener
  • IMO the lazy loading has significantly degraded the spotify desktop experience.   I understand the appeal on Spotify's end due to the enormous amount of traffic spotify receives, however I'd s...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing randomly

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm currently experiencing a problem that seems almost too common for me with Spotify, its to the point where I can only get the program to open for about 15-20 s...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm currently experiencing a problem that seems almost too common for me with ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • crashes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling up to find first track on the table

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueHello.I have noticed, that in table with ...

• Roadie
  •   None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating Syst...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopped reacting to Multi Media keyboard after new version

Premium - Belgium - PC - Win 10 - Spotify for Windows - 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e Since auto install of most recent version ( a few moments ago) spotify does not react to multimedia keys on my keyboard.Play/Pause, Next Song / Previous Song.It used to work...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium - Belgium - PC - Win 10 - Spotify for Windows - 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e   Since auto install of most recent version ( a few moments ago) spotify does not react to multimedia keys on my ke...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Cover Resolution

Hey everyone, the desktop app (windows 10) is recently acting weird. The album cover at the bottom left is low quality and I don't know why.

• Composer
  • Hey everyone, the desktop app (windows 10) is recently acting weird. The album cover at the bottom left is low quality and I don't know why.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Feedback thread

Since the comments from the "official" feedback thread are no longer shows up in the "latest comments" section, i'm starting this thread so people can share their feedback and spotify team can ignore it once again.

• Regular
  • Since the comments from the "official" feedback thread are no longer shows up in the "latest comments" section, i'm starting this thread so people can share their feedback and spotify team can ignore...
  • Other_Self
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes
  • ignored feedback
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution GUI failure, Mutant File

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGood Afternoon,For the past year or so I have been encountering an issue that results in GUI failure. Recently I saw a post on reddit about people finding fixes to issues and...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Good Afternoon, For the past year or so I have been encountering an issue that results in GUI fai...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • GUI failure
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify doesn't work

I installed Spotify from the Microsoft Store and I ran it. I tried to log in putting my email and password but there was an error concerning the proxy or the firewall. I deactivated the proxy and then I checked the firewall and everything was ok. Nex...

• I installed Spotify from the Microsoft Store and I ran it. I tried to log in putting my email and password but there was an error concerning the proxy or the firewall. I deactivated the proxy and the...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly goes silent

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHP Pavilion 15 NotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi. I'm having a problem with Spotify desktop app randomly going silent during a song. It happened a few months back and again recently, and then again t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device HP Pavilion 15 Notebook Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue   Hi. I'm having a problem with Spotify desktop app random...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I clear my Shortcuts, Recently Played, and Top Shows

I have some podcasts that are showing up on my home screen when I login and my family sees it which is quite embarrassing. I would like to delete Shortcuts, Recently Played and Top Shows when I close Spotify. Or better yet remove them altogether. It ...

• Roadie
  • I have some podcasts that are showing up on my home screen when I login and my family sees it which is quite embarrassing.  I would like to delete Shortcuts, Recently Played and Top Shows when I...
  • brentroraback
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 47 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 47 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify for Windows 10 Store will lose it playing track If there is a update.

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDeviceWindows 10 PC latest update (Version 21H1)Operating SystemWindows 10 Version 21H1 My Question or IssueIf Spotify was playing something but then It had to restart for a update available in Windows Store It would lose It'...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device Windows 10 PC latest update (Version 21H1) Operating System Windows 10 Version 21H1   My Question or Issue If Spotify was playing something ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Users Not Showing Up on Friend Activity Feed While Listening to Blend Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceGalaxy S20 and a Windows DesktopOperating SystemAndroid 11 and Windows 10 My issue is that If I am listening to a playlist created by the Blend function, only me and the person whom I blended with can see my activities o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Galaxy S20 and a Windows Desktop Operating System Android 11 and Windows 10   My issue is that If I am listening to a playlist created by the Ble...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Blend
    blend playlist
    Friend Activity
    Friend Activity Feed
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Get 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell Inspiron 3585Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 21H1 My Question or IssueStarted getting 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it' message for all files yesterday. Works O...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell Inspiron 3585 Operating System Windows 10 Home 21H1   My Question or Issue Started getting 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop queue refresh

I'm in my Queue on Spotify Desktop 1.1.66.580 on W10 and when I skip through a song the queue refreshes. It takes a second for it to happen but my question is why is it doing this? It really shouldn't. The whole queue aside from the now playing goes ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm in my Queue on Spotify Desktop 1.1.66.580 on W10 and when I skip through a song the queue refreshes. It takes a second for it to happen but my question is why is it doing this? It really shouldn'...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Message to a friend

PlanFreeCountrySlovakiaDeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello, i wanna write a message to friend, how Can I do it?, I know his nickname, but it probably isn't his name on spotify. Please help me

• Plan Free Country Slovakia Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, i wanna write a message to friend, how Can I do it?, I know his nickname, but it pr...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Recommendation list refresh bug

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I couldn't find a dedicated bug report page.When I add a song from the recommended list to my playlist, the whole list refreshes. This is annoying as I usually like to go through all the recommendations ...

• Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I couldn't find a dedicated bug report page. When I add a song from the recommended list to my playlist, the whole list refreshes. This is annoying as ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Wired headphones can't play/pause with the buttons

PlanPremiumCountryHKDeviceHPOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have some apple headphones and can't play/pause with the wired headphones, wireless work fine but wired can't play/pause

• Plan Premium Country HK Device HP Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have some apple headphones and can't play/pause with the wired headphones, wireless work fine but...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution If the computer goes into hibernation, and then exits, ui spotify completely breaks down.

PlanPremiumCountryUkraine/GermanyDeviceMS GS65 Stealth Thin 8RFOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 21H1 My Question or IssueIf the computer goes into hibernation, and then exits, ui spotify completely breaks down.In archive videoscreen mkv with trouble.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine/Germany Device MS GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF Operating System Windows 10 x64 21H1   My Question or Issue If the computer goes into hibernation, and then ex...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Show all 'Made for you' Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWin10Version1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a My Question or IssueCurrently in my 'Made for' section on my homepage I seeDaily Mix 1Daily Mix 2Daily Mix 3Daily Mix 6Daily WellnessAnd there seems to be no way of access...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Win10 Version 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a   My Question or Issue Currently in my 'Made for' section on my homepage I see Daily Mix 1 D...
  • Eni
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discover Weekly
    made for you
    Release Radar
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Friend Activity replaced with crummy facebook friend feed over night?

My Question or IssueWas listening to some music last night and closed Spotify, vividly remembering being able to see all my friend's listening activity and the songs they like, which is a very important feature to me, however this morning when I open...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Was listening to some music last night and closed Spotify, vividly remembering being able to see all my friend's listening activity and the songs they like, which is a very impo...
  • Xenia
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes