Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching within a Playlist is not working as intended

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Search Option in my Spotify App is not working as it is intended(?). I am having an issue with adding playing a song when searching.Here's what happened.Let's s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Search Option in my Spotify App is not working as it is intended(?). I am having an ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] win 10 64 close button shifted to other screen on maximize

Plan:PremiumCountry:LTDevice:Lenovo T490Operating System:Windows 10 64My Question or Issue:In expanded window, button group of 3 (minimize, close, and middle one) are shifted by one button to right and appears on other screen.STEPS TO RECREATE:1. pre...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: LT Device: Lenovo T490 Operating System: Windows 10 64 My Question or Issue: In expanded window, button group of 3 (minimize, close, and middle one) are shif...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "I don't like this song" no longer working

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueClicking on "I don't like this song" in my Discover Weekly playlist no longer works. It skips to the next song but the selected track is not greyed out and will end up bein...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Clicking on "I don't like this song" in my Discover Weekly playlist no longer works. It skips to...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Full Screen Issue When Controlling Remotely

When Spotify windows client is in full screen mode playing music, if i play a new album or song from a different device via spotify connect, the full screen cover art does not update. It stays on the last songs cover art until spotify is closed and r...

• Music Fan
  • When Spotify windows client is in full screen mode playing music, if i play a new album or song from a different device via spotify connect, the full screen cover art does not update. It stays on the...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution does not close online contact form

PlanPremiumCountryLTDevicestationary computerOperating SystemWindows 10 64 My Question or Issue does not close online contact formSTEPS TO RECREATE:1. Go to the online contact form.2. click on the button to close the form3. confirm closing by clickin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country LT Device stationary computer Operating System Windows 10 64   My Question or Issue   does not close online contact form STEPS TO RECREATE: 1. Go to the on...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why did i have to Google how to ask a question?

Had to google "how to ask a question in Spotify community" in order to get a link to page. It's the most unhelpful 'help' I've seen!

• Regular
  • Had to google "how to ask a question in Spotify community" in order to get a link to page.  It's the most unhelpful 'help' I've seen!        
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Re;ated artosts" has completely disappeared

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issu WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO RELATED ARTISTS???? I've tried searching the web, but all I can find is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issu &nbs...
  • AllFusion
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files detected but can't download

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a couple local files on my desktop that I'd like to be able to play on spotify with the end goal of being able to play them on my phone. I've immediately run into an issue ...

• Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a couple local files on my desktop that I'd like to be able to play on spotify with the end goal of ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No gapless playback?

When listening to an album on desktop, there's an annoying half second skip - this doesn't seem to affect mobile. This is really jarring on some albums that are designed for one song to lead into another. A quick google suggests that Spotify supports...

• Music Fan
  • When listening to an album on desktop, there's an annoying half second skip - this doesn't seem to affect mobile.   This is really jarring on some albums that are designed for one song to lead...
  • Osss2021
  • Visitor
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Error code : auth 15

PlanFreeCountry DevicePc with WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy brother disconnected me from spotify, and now when I try to connect, it says there is a fire wall who can block spotify. I already tried to disable my Fire wall, a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country   Device Pc with Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My brother disconnected me from spotify, and now when I try to connect, it sa...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot add to queue

PlanDuo PremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueFor month of May Spotify intermittently will not add to the queue. I can play music, but when I click the 3-dot menu and select "Add to queue" for an album/song, I...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Duo Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue For month of May Spotify intermittently will not add to the queue. I can play music, bu...
  • CarlosE
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Podcast episode sorting does not work

Sorting the episodes of a specific podcast by date has been requested and implemented - but the feature does not work properly on the desktop application. When opening the page for a podcast show, the default episode sorting seems to be by data ('New...

• Visitor
  • Sorting the episodes of a specific podcast by date has been requested and implemented - but the feature does not work properly on the desktop application. When opening the page for a podcast show, th...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Application becomes unplayable after every Android mobile update release

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceLaptop: HPMobile: Sony Xperia iiOperating SystemMobile: Android 11Laptop: Windows 10 Enterprise My Question or IssueSpotify desktop application is unplayable after every mobile update release. Upon clicking the icon...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Laptop: HP Mobile: Sony Xperia ii Operating System Mobile: Android 11 Laptop: Windows 10 Enterprise   My Question or Issue Spotify desktop app...
  • angelakrysta
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Feature Suggestion for Windows

I think the app is going pretty well. But I would like to suggest a feature for the Windows version which is shuffle play the playlist. I like using it pretty much on my mobile devices. It would be great to have this feature around on my laptop.

• I think the app is going pretty well. But I would like to suggest a feature for the Windows version which is shuffle play the playlist. I like using it pretty much on my mobile devices. It would be g...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Drag and drop songs into playlist Windows app no longer works.

You used to be able to drag and drop a song into a playlist by dragging it into the list of songs in that playlist to add it to the playlist, that no longer works. I keep thinking I've added a song to a playlist only to find it didn't actually get ad...

• Visitor
  • You used to be able to drag and drop a song into a playlist by dragging it into the list of songs in that playlist to add it to the playlist, that no longer works.   I keep thinking I've added...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Show other album releases on desktop

The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify did, but the desktop doesn't.

• Visitor
  • The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify di...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Windows 10 freezes randomly

Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify - until it freezes again. Spotify can hardly be use...

• Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot search artists or songs [Webplayer]

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(Desktop)Operating System( Windows 10 ) My Question or IssueI have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but will not work when logged in to spotify. The computer App has the same issu...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (Desktop) Operating System ( Windows 10 )   My Question or Issue I have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but...
  • liperat
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Last playlist not shown when scrollbar overflows

PlanPremiumCountrySweden VersionSpotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11 IssueWhen the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even when you scroll to the bottom. To trigger this issue resize the window size. Wor...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Version Spotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11   Issue When the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even w...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Take me to the same place where i was, when I use the "go-back" button.

When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have to scroll down again to where i was.That is very an...

• Visitor
  • When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes