Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I can buy spotify student..

Hello, I already have my student profile until 7/10/2021. And I already took free 1-month trial on spotify. Now, if i want to buy spotify student, on main page there are only pack where are spotify student and 1 more trial month, but I cant buy it, c...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I already have my student profile until 7/10/2021. And I already took free 1-month trial on spotify. Now, if i want to buy spotify student, on main page there are only pack where are spotify s...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify too slow to use after update

Following a small update recently, Spotify has become to slow to actually use. Artists and albums take forever to load as do playlists, and even my local files won't fully load. Furthermore, if I try to restart the programme I get the message "Spotif...

• Following a small update recently, Spotify has become to slow to actually use. Artists and albums take forever to load as do playlists, and even my local files won't fully load. Furthermore, if I try...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Like/Dislike on Radio

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDell Latitude Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey all, I've only found topics and ideas from 2019 so I'm asking here.I'm looking for the option to have back the thumbs up/thumbs down while playing song- a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Dell Latitude  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey all,   I've only found topics and ideas from 2019 so I'm asking he...
  • Tevio
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • thumbs
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop app keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemVersion 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) My Question or IssueAs soon as I try to play any music desktop app crashes, No warnings or error codes just closes. This is happening on my PC as well as on sur...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630)   My Question or Issue As soon as I try to play any music desktop app crashes, No warni...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution choices to watch video in browser are in bottom right of screen or full screen mode only

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI want to watch video in browser, the default is the video playing in the bottom right corner. It is just taking 1/4 of the screen. My only other option seems to be full s...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I want to watch video in browser, the default is the video playing in the bottom right corner. It is j...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Website fills RAM when playing

Running the most recent version of Firefox here. I got 8GB of RAM and whenever I try to use open.spotify.com the usage goes almost to 100% from the normal 30%. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

• Regular
  • Running the most recent version of Firefox here. I got 8GB of RAM and whenever I try to use open.spotify.com the usage goes almost to 100% from the normal 30%. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Cannot read local files with Chinese filename

Cannot read local files with Chinese filename. Files in the same folder with English name are read properly. PlanPremiumCountryHong KongOperating SystemWindows 10

• Visitor
  • Cannot read local files with Chinese filename. Files in the same folder with English name are read properly.   Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Operating System Windows 10
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution BRING BACK ARTIST INFORMATION

On the new version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a I do not see artist information anymore. Please bring it back. It helps, particularly when interested in new music.

• Casual Listener
  • On the new version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a I do not see artist information anymore.  Please bring it back.  It helps, particularly when interested in new music.
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I make my browser open spotify links in the desktop app?

I've had apple music for many years, but wanted to go back to spotify, as I remembered it having lots of features that I missed at apple music. I have a windows computer with the spotify desktop app installed, connected to my stereo, and meticulously...

• Visitor
  • I've had apple music for many years, but wanted to go back to spotify, as I remembered it having lots of features that I missed at apple music. I have a windows computer with the spotify desktop app ...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

"Your 2020 Top" Playlist Not Working

PlanPremiumCountryLatviaDeviceAsus VivoBookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen playing the Spotify Wrapped 2020 playlist on the desktop app it only plays one song after switching to an entirely different playlist from my library. Repe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Latvia Device Asus VivoBook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When playing the Spotify Wrapped 2020 playlist on the desktop app it only plays one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not all local files are showing up

Hello.In the past few days, I have been experiencing an issue regarding the local files feature of desktop spotify.While some of the .mp3 files are showing up, a lot of them aren't. Even when I change the folders, the same files show up on spotify, b...

• Visitor
  • Hello. In the past few days, I have been experiencing an issue regarding the local files feature of desktop spotify. While some of the .mp3 files are showing up, a lot of them aren't. Even when I c...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

constant installing of the desktop application (missing song titles)

this seems to be related to this subject somehow: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/constant-re-installing/idi-p/1632378 every ''x'' number of days (sometimes weeks), the DT app will pop up an ""installation"" dialog in the middle of th...

• Gig Goer
  • this seems to be related to this subject somehow:     https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/constant-re-installing/idi-p/1632378   every ''x'' number of days (someti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution local files stopped working recently.

so i just recently noticed on my pc that i have 3 local files that are not showing up anymore, they have been working for months with no issues. if i drag them out of their file location and drag them back in they work fine if i restart spotify they ...

• Casual Listener
  • so i just recently noticed on my pc that i have 3 local files that are not showing up anymore, they have been working for months with no issues. if i drag them out of their file location and drag the...
  • Hakiri
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Optimize Desktop Spotify App

After talking with several friends who use Spotify, Premium or not, we all ended up with the same conclusion : it takes forever to load.No kidding, I lauch the desktop app and just end up using my phone because it takes from 3 to 7 minutes just to op...

• Visitor
  • After talking with several friends who use Spotify, Premium or not, we all ended up with the same conclusion : it takes forever to load.😥 No kidding, I lauch the desktop app and just end up using m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Whole deceptive thread removed when I got angry about being deceived

There was a long thread here with me describing a bug and being put off again and again and again. Made to jump through countless hoops and told that the bug I was describing was another bug. Then I find out, in the New Desktop Experience, that the f...

• Roadie
  • There was a long thread here with me describing a bug and being put off again and again and again. Made to jump through countless hoops and told that the bug I was describing was another bug.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked albums disappearing

[ I'm from France and im using the spotify premium desktop app on my laptop with windows 10 ] I noticed an annoying bug with liked albums. I searched for it on the forum, and i already tried uninstall and install again. My issue : When i start spotif...

• Visitor
  • [ I'm from France and im using the spotify premium desktop app on my laptop with windows 10 ]   I noticed an annoying bug with liked albums. I searched for it on the forum, and i already tried...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can I delete local files from my computer once I’ve added them to my library?

I don’t want to take the chance of losing them. If I remove the files from my computer, will they remain in my liked songs on Spotify? The folder I use for local files is so full now. I need to free up space on my computer.PlanPremium CountryU.S.Devi...

• Regular
  • I don’t want to take the chance of losing them. If I remove the files from my computer, will they remain in my liked songs on Spotify?  The folder I use for local files is so full now. I need to...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "don't like" button has disappeared

PlanFreeCountryRussian federationDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue"don't like" button has disappeared in playlist "Discover Weekly". I already reinstalled the App. What can i do to return this?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Russian federation Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue "don't like" button has disappeared in playlist "Discover Weekly". I already r...
  • Darkglove
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify messing with Windows 10 Pictures.

Some weeks ago I started having problems opening pictures in Windows 10. The picture program would either not start, or it would just go black. I tried to Google it, but could not find any solutions to it. One day I realised that there were multiple ...

• Casual Listener
  • Some weeks ago I started having problems opening pictures in Windows 10. The picture program would either not start, or it would just go black. I tried to Google it, but could not find any solutions ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pictures
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes