Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! delete command doesn't work on my created playlists

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePC laptop with win10 1909Operating Systemwin10 1909 My Question or Issuehello the delete command doesn't work on the playlists i have created.the issue is reproducible on the windows desktop app only.when i click on the delet...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC laptop with win10 1909 Operating System win10 1909   My Question or Issue hello   the delete command doesn't work on the playlists i have c...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't Spotify keep its apps' features in sync!?

So, just yesterday I discovered by accident that you can hide songs in the iOS app. Great, a feature that is really, really useful for me. I listen mostly to albums, but sometimes there are tracks on an album I have no interest in. But...on the deskt...

• Visitor
  • So, just yesterday I discovered by accident that you can hide songs in the iOS app. Great, a feature that is really, really useful for me. I listen mostly to albums, but sometimes there are tracks on...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Show Album art next to song (Desktop)

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow can I make the desktop app show the album art next to the song like on the phone?On desktop it very "texty" and I'm definitely more a visual person.I like how ...

Wolfleader101_0-1597490446760.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How can I make the desktop app show the album art next to the song like on the phone? ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Error recently played homepage

Hi everyone, Currently I'm experiencing some issues with "Recently played" on my homepage with PC App. Spotify displays playlists that I never listened at all. And I mean it because the artists and songs displayed are just miles away from what I'm us...

• Hi everyone,   Currently I'm experiencing some issues with "Recently played" on my homepage with PC App. Spotify displays playlists that I never listened at all. And I mean it because the arti...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My laptop Spotify doesnt link to discord

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI got spotify premium a few days ago so I wanted to use the Discord listen along feature with Spotify to listen music with my friends. I linked my Discord account with Spotify and tried the f...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I got spotify premium a few days ago so I wanted to use the Discord listen along feature with Spotify to lis...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What happens to "very high" quality music when I revert account back to Free version?

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhat happens to the music that's been downloaded in "very high" quality when I revert my account back to Free? Does the app re-download the same music in "high" qual...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue What happens to the music that's been downloaded in "very high" quality when I revert my ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 app randomly goes offline

Hi, Recently, the windows 10 application started randomly going offline. The internet connection is working fine, other sensitive programs are running without issues.So far tried:Connecting with VPNConnecting without VPNDifferent networkReinstalling ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Recently, the windows 10 application started randomly going offline.  The internet connection is working fine, other sensitive programs are running without issues. So far tried: ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Disconnect
    network error
    Network Failure
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify simply won't work on PC

PlanPremium CountryUnited KingdomDeviceWindows 10 Desktop PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify simply won't work. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I've tried several of the "fixes" on the forum before posting th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country United Kingdom Device Windows 10 Desktop PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify simply won't work. I've tried uninsta...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with an artist

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I click on the artist name at the bottom left, it doesn't bring anything back, but when I click on the artist name after clicking on the music name it worksVideo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I click on the artist name at the bottom left, it doesn't bring anything back, but wh...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Friend Activity - Not recorded when output via Sonos from Spotify app.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell Windows LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey Team, I love the friend activity feature, I use it to see what family/friends are listening too, and some do with me. I noticed recently, members of my ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell Windows Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey Team,   I love the friend activity feature, I use it to see what family...
  • Twitcherz90
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Friend Activity
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Issues with the Spotify app on Windows

Hey, I've experienced so many issues with the Spotify app on Windows 10 and would really appreciate help. The first issue is that sometimes, I can't view what all of or some of my friends are listening to. Second of all, sometimes, when I try to open...

• Visitor
  • Hey, I've experienced so many issues with the Spotify app on Windows 10 and would really appreciate help. The first issue is that sometimes, I can't view what all of or some of my friends are listeni...
  • robigouk
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist's Popular list doesn't show likes

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSurface Book 3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a song in my Liked Songs list, I can see it in the playlist I put it in, but when I'm on the artist's page looking at his Popular songs, there is...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Surface Book 3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a song in my Liked Songs list, I can see it in the playlist I put it ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] App crashes every 2nd song + monitor goes off

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify ALWAYS crashes at 2nd song and my HDMI screen goes off (reset), and when I turn in back on, the app still running and skipping all songs without playing it...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify ALWAYS crashes at 2nd song and my HDMI screen goes off (reset), and when I turn...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Crash
    Desktop
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping song with canvas album art opens a new audio stream.

When I skip songs sometimes a song with the canvas moving album art comes up. if I skip that before it has a chance to load the moving image it will start a new audio stream and play that song. I can then continue using the program as normal and play...

• Casual Listener
  • When I skip songs sometimes a song with the canvas moving album art comes up. if I skip that before it has a chance to load the moving image it will start a new audio stream and play that song. I can...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skips songs twice ingame

PlanFreeCountryChileDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 version 1909 My Question or IssueHello, I'm having an issue when I'm playing games on my pc. For some reason when I press the function key on my keyboard, Spotify skips two times instead ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Chile Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 version 1909   My Question or Issue Hello, I'm having an issue when I'm playing games on my pc. For some reason wh...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting Collab Playlist by User is Buggy

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen sorting a collaboration playlist by user the player does not play the next track as shown in the list. It seems to shuffle through one user before moving to another rand...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When sorting a collaboration playlist by user the player does not play the next track as sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Awful and after some time maddening behaviour of Spotify startup functionality.

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueYes, I searched and this seems to be a reappearing issue.No matter how many times I set Spotify NOT to run on Windows start, it will not startup maybe a few times, but t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Yes, I searched and this seems to be a reappearing issue. No matter how many times I set Spo...
  • doC33
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover weekly not discovering anything new

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Laptop, spotify connect on various devices)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI see this is marked as fixed but mine has not updated for 16 days now after previously working fine for years. Have tried the sugg...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (Laptop, spotify connect on various devices) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I see this is marked as fixed but mine has not updated ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 'Charts' dissapeared from Desktop Windows 10

I can't see the charts into the search page (when there is not a current search). PlanFreeCountryMaltaDevice(Fujitsu Lifebook A Series)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI can't see the charts into the search page (when there is not a c...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't see the charts  into the search page (when there is not a current search).   Plan Free Country Malta Device (Fujitsu Lifebook A Series) Operating System (Windows 10)  ...
  • robigouk
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Desktop version only comes up as a black window

I'm not sure what is going on, but when I open my desktop version of Spotify, all that opens is a black window with only three white dots in the top left corner that are clickable, and then the minimize, maximize and close icons in the top right. Tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure what is going on, but when I open my desktop version of Spotify, all that opens is a black window with only three white dots in the top left corner that are clickable, and then the minim...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes