Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Restricted Windows App

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueMy windows 10 desktop only has limited access to the current and nothing else. No playlists, etc

• Plan Premium My Question or Issue My windows 10 desktop only has limited access to the current and nothing else. No playlists, etc
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoscroll in podcast episode textbox

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceLaptop HP ZBookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen scrolling in the textbox about podcast episode (see enclosed picture) the text automatically scroll up to the top every 3:rd second or so. Hence, you are...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Laptop HP ZBook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When scrolling in the textbox about podcast episode (see enclosed picture) the tex...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to report wrong entries to Spotify?

Hello, on the spotify page of one of my favorite bands I noticed that there is an album listed, which is not from the band at all. It is said that a band existed many years ago with the same name. I talk about this one: https://open.spotify.com/artis...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   on the spotify page of one of my favorite bands I noticed that there is an album listed, which is not from the band at all. It is said that a band existed many years ago with the same...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Autoplay + Crossfade: Any way to switch songs earlier?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello Community,so I make a playlist for a wedding of a friend of mine and everything is goin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello C...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted functions?

Some functions that I've been missing... please tell me if these functions still exist but I'm missing a choice among some settings, suffering from a bug or perhaps doing something wrong. 1) Where did the "album" column go? Why can I no longer view w...

• Casual Listener
  • Some functions that I've been missing... please tell me if these functions still exist but I'm missing a choice among some settings, suffering from a bug or perhaps doing something wrong.   ...
  • rapunzelle
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find supported files when using Local Files

CountryAmerica DeviceDesktop/PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI'm trying to add and find local files to a playlist of mine. I know how local files work, and I've gotten it to work before. But the thing is I had some files which I added...

• Country America  Device Desktop/PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I'm trying to add and find local files to a playlist of mine. I know how local files work, and I've got...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When a music ends, the next one starts at 30 seconds

PlanPremium CountryBrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhen I use spotify from windows app the musics have a lack of time (ends sooner than it is ment to end or starts later than it is meant to start). I've tried to relog, red...

• Plan Premium  Country Brazil Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue When I use spotify from windows app the musics have a lack of time (ends sooner than it is...
  • Alynne_Ninny
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution After sorting lists, I have to scroll through manually

Premium UserUKToshibaWindows My Question or IssueThis is the second thread I am starting about this issue as noone replied to the first one, but the issue is now becoming so irritating that I will probably just cancel my subscription. Essentially, wh...

• Regular
  • Premium User UK Toshiba Windows   My Question or Issue This is the second thread I am starting about this issue as noone replied to the first one, but the issue is now becoming so irritati...
  • loricatuslupus
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Main- and sublist

FreeCountryNLDevice Samsung Galaxy 10Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI have made a playlist which contains 11 sublists. I want to allow selected contacts to listen to the whole map by giving them a link. Up to now I can only share a sub...

•   Free Country NL Device   Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I have made a playlist which contains 11 sublists. I want to allow selected con...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer works & all playlists wiped.

Hi,About a month ago I noticed Spotify would not play random songs, usually ones not already added to my playlist. This made music discovery very difficult on a music discovery platform.Eventually songs on my playlists would also not be available. Th...

• Visitor
  • Hi, About a month ago I noticed Spotify would not play random songs, usually ones not already added to my playlist. This made music discovery very difficult on a music discovery platform. Eventuall...
  • Chron0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble playing songs in windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceComputer & Xiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMy problem is that i can listen any song in my cellphone but when i try to play a specified song in the computer (Windows 10), its like the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Computer & Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue My problem is that i can listen any song in my cellphone but when i ...
  • franciscotresca
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 screen goes black.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWithin the last few days upon opening Spoitfy my screen on my Windows 10 pro pc will go black and will not function. This ONLY occures with Spotify AND when the ap...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Within the last few days upon opening Spoitfy my screen on my Windows 10...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify don't start with my PC (windows 7)

Spotify is installed but it don't start when i click on its icon.I've tried it to uninstalled several times, but nothing happen.When i clic to launch spotify, the circle icon turn but nothing happen.I try to restore my C: withe the windows tool, but ...

• Visitor
  • Spotify is installed but it don't start when i click on its icon. I've tried it to uninstalled several times, but nothing happen. When i clic to launch spotify, the circle icon turn but nothing hap...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] After one song, the playlist is exited

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceDesktop computer, PhoneOperating SystemWin 10, android My Question or IssueSometimes on my phone, and every time on my computer, when I press play for a playlist (the green button in the playlist header, not a particular...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Desktop computer, Phone Operating System Win 10, android   My Question or Issue Sometimes on my phone, and every time on my computer, when I press pl...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsolved Issue since 2017: Spotify Still Freeze My PC Completely

I'm a Spotify premium user since this streaming service first-day launch in Indonesia. Before I use Windows 10 as my PC's OS, Spotify works well in my Linux (Elementary OS) system. But, since I switched to Windows 10, whenever I launched this Windows...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Spotify premium user since this streaming service first-day launch in Indonesia.   Before I use Windows 10 as my PC's OS, Spotify works well in my Linux (Elementary OS) system. But, si...
  • johanfjr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHP PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have just noticed a Folder I called Discovered on Spotify 2018 has disappeared from My Playlists. It contained 6/7 separate folders of the new music I discove...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device HP PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have just noticed a Folder I called Discovered on Spotify 2018 has disappeared fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • disappeared
    folder
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle playing a couple songs (or more) from an artist too close together

Summary of the problem: shuffle tends to play two or more songs in a row by the same artist when it should be avoiding that. PlanPremiumCountryIcelandDevicePC & Samsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemWindows 7 & Android Pie My Question or IssueI have post...

• Regular
  • Summary of the problem: shuffle tends to play two or more songs in a row by the same artist when it should be avoiding that.   Plan Premium Country Iceland Device PC & Samsung Galaxy ...
  • NoFunction
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Algorithm
    shuffle tracks issue algorhythm
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Edge Detector keeps showing up after deleting it

My Question or Issue The Edge Detector Spotify Playlist repeatedly shows up in my collection again after deleting it. I had saved the Playlist in order to listen to it, which I did, afterwards I deleted it from my collection. Every few weeks, it show...

• Roadie
  • My Question or Issue   The Edge Detector Spotify Playlist repeatedly shows up in my collection again after deleting it.   I had saved the Playlist in order to listen to it, which I did,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audiobooks are too splitted

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung S5 Neo / PCOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 / Windows 10 Prof.My Question or IssueI love Spotify and a premium member, but there's one thing that I really, really hate...Why on h... are audiobooks splitted up in hu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung S5 Neo / PC Operating System Android 6.0.1 / Windows 10 Prof. My Question or Issue I love Spotify and a premium member, but there's one thing that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Audiobooks
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes