Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Last.fm not scrobbling

My spotify plays won't scrobble to Last.fm. I get that it usually doesn't work on the Spotify desktop app, but I've been playing music from open.spotify.com. I've disconnected my account and reconnected several times, even removing access first from ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify plays won't scrobble to Last.fm. I get that it usually doesn't work on the Spotify desktop app, but I've been playing music from open.spotify.com. I've disconnected my account and reconnec...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bose SoundTouch Speakers Not Showing in Devices

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Desktop PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have my PC connected to my Bose SoundTouch speakers via Bluetooth. The speakers work fine for Windows Apps but do not appear in Spotify. I have removed the speak...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (Desktop PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have my PC connected to my Bose SoundTouch speakers via Bluetooth. The speakers work ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant open spotify

PlanFreeCountryMexicoDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 version 1803 My Question or IssueSpotify does not open to me, I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and it still did not open anything, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Mexico Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10 version 1803   My Question or Issue Spotify does not open to me, I unins...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Scrobbling To Last.Fm

I just joined Last.Fm yesterday and allowed it to have access to my Spotify, the scrobble feature has worked fine the last two days but earlier, it completely stopped scrobbling and Last.Fm even wouldn't let me love any more songs, every time I try t...

• Gig Goer
  • I just joined Last.Fm yesterday and allowed it to have access to my Spotify, the scrobble feature has worked fine the last two days but earlier, it completely stopped scrobbling and Last.Fm even woul...
  • KingGodCurse
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont work

hej my problem is that when i try to start a song in spotify, it says "spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.its songs there are in spotify not songs i have on my pc.i already tried reinstall it, p...

• Visitor
  • hej my problem is that when i try to start a song in spotify, it says "spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. its songs there are in spotify not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Sliders (volume and "time") not working

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 Professional My Question or IssueI can't move the volume slider with mouse, I can only increase/decrease volume by keyboard shortcuts (CTRL + up/down arrow) and I can't seek forward/bac...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 Professional   My Question or Issue I can't move the volume slider with mouse, I can only increase/decrease volu...
  • Sh4rp
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays 2 songs and stops, no commercials either

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn my desktop using Windows 10, it plays 2 songs and stops. None of the commercials play, it just stops. I have to close out of Spotify, wait a few seconds, reopen ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On my desktop using Windows 10, it plays 2 songs and stops.  None of the commercial...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I uncheck all liked songs?

After I renewed my Spotify Premium subscription, I noticed that all of my previous added songs to the library became "liked" songs. There are now around 4000 songs in the liked section. Is ther any way to uncheck all of those songs? I really don't wa...

• Casual Listener
  • After I renewed my Spotify Premium subscription, I noticed that all of my previous added songs to the library became "liked" songs. There are now around 4000 songs in the liked section. Is ther any w...
  • Fendera
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs won´t show in any playlist

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueSince a long time ago most of my songs don´t show but now none of them, any ideas of what can I do?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Since a long time ago most of my songs don´t show but now none of them, any ...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend activity still not updating

I am using the Spotify desktop app (Windows 10) and I only just downloaded the app onto my pc today. My friend activity will not update no matter what I do. So far I have tried:Re-installing SpotifyRestarting my pc Logging in and out of my Spotify ac...

• Visitor
  • I am using the Spotify desktop app (Windows 10) and I only just downloaded the app onto my pc today. My friend activity will not update no matter what I do.  So far I have tried: Re-installing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
    not updating
    not working
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ALL the songs greyed out

PlanFreeCountryMexicoDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issuei try to listen to my playlist using the program,and all the songs are greyed out and my playlists apear empty,i see in the web player,and the song appear but not in the progr...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Mexico Device Pc Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue i try to listen to my playlist using the program,and all the songs are greyed out and my pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify slowly

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC Operating System Windows 10       My Question or Issue
  • BluePanda
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Releases for You disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe New Releases for You section has disappeared from Browse > Discover for me for days now. Please fix this as it's a really useful section that I rely heavily upon to di...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The New Releases for You section has disappeared from Browse > Discover for me for day...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify only plays Local Files

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify hasn't been working at all for a while now. I can still play Local Files but I don't need Spotify for that. Songs simply don't play when I click on them, they hav...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify hasn't been working at all for a while now. I can still play Local Files but I don't n...
  • cs812
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify prevents computer from going to sloop

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 version 1903 My Question or IssueWhenever spotify is running my computer does not go to sleep.It does not matter whether music is playing or not. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10 version 1903   My Question or Issue Whenever spotify is running my computer does not go to sleep. It do...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify does not show correct song when playing playlist randomized

PlanPremiumCountry SE DeviceLenovo CarbonOperating SystemW10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue When I play the starred playlist (randomized) the song played is different from the one showed at the bottom of Spotify applicati...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country SE   Device Lenovo Carbon Operating System W10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   When I play the starred playlist (...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Legendary recordings recommendations seen on mobile not available in desktop app

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am old school and like to collect albums rather than songs. I am building my library of classical albums and on my iPad this is easy by searching under classical and h...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am old school and like to collect albums rather than songs.  I am building my lib...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • great recordings
    Recommendations
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked song confusing indicator

PlanFreeCountryArgentinaDevicePC DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI detected the following liked song from one of my playlist As you can see it is marked as liked song but when i enter in one of the artists, it's not shown as lik...

Captura1.JPG Captura2.JPG
  • Music Fan
  •   Plan Free Country Argentina Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I detected the following liked song from one of my playlist   As you ...
  • tanocapo
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artillery - By Inheritance in Turkey

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(iPhone 6, Windows 10)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10)My Question or IssueHello, in Turkey Artillery - By Inheritance album is not available please solve this problem. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (iPhone 6, Windows 10) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or Issue Hello, in Turkey Artillery - By Inheritance album is not available p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop app randomly stops loading for some reason

PlanFree/PremiumDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate 64-bit My Question or Issueplease review the image provided for bug replication

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Device Computer Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit   My Question or Issue please review the image provided for bug replication
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes