Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Strange problem. Will not play a full album

PlanPremiumCountryDK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueBefore in time, I could click an album and it would play the hole album. Now after lisning to one song from an album, it jumps to another album (allways the same).Strange, it...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country DK  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Before in time, I could click an album and it would play the hole album. Now after lisning to...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

O Spotfy não consegue tocar isso no momento

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceazus zenphone 5 / windows 10 My Question or Issue Certas Musicas após eu ter comprado o plano premium simplesmente não tocam, nem no celular nem no desktop, isso está se tornando muito chato, pois boa parte do meu acervo...

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device azus zenphone 5 / windows 10     My Question or Issue  Certas Musicas após eu ter comprado o plano premium simplesmente não tocam, nem no ce...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connectivity doesn't survive non-proxy/http-proxy transitions

When moving my computer from the office back home, or vice versa, the connectivity is dropped and I need to restart spotify to re-connect to the services. Restarting spotify is not a satisfactory solution, spotify needs to be able to handle the trans...

• Regular
  • When moving my computer from the office back home, or vice versa, the connectivity is dropped and I need to restart spotify to re-connect to the services.   Restarting spotify is not a satisfa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Songs Storage

i changed the path of the Offline Songs Storage but i want it changed back to the default path.what is the default path of Offline Songs Storage?thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • i changed the path of the Offline Songs Storage but i want it changed back to the default path. what is the default path of Offline Songs Storage? thanks in advance!
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Freezes my Whole Computer After 5-10 minutes of play when using S/PDIF Optical Out.

PlanPremiumCountry USAOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I just got some new speakers that use optical out. They work just fine with the Spotify web player and every other program. However, when I use the spotify desktop app, my whole co...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I just got some new speakers that use optical out. They work just fine with the Spotify we...
  • rlynch1996
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Song searched listing cannot be played properly

PlanFreeCountryHong Kong DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Just happened since yesterday. After searching a song, a list come out, then I can sort the list by artist, length etc. Now, when I click a song, that song doesn't p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Hong Kong   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Just happened since yesterday. After searching a song, a list come out, then ...
  • dimazavr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Searching for new songs: Can't pick song after sorting columns

PlanPremium DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've noticed a pretty messed up thing today.I'm on desktop currently, and I'm looking up new songs now in any playlists I have, so I search and find results, just like usual.I ge...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've noticed a pretty messed up thing today. I'm on desktop currently, and I'm looking up new song...
  • s0lstickan
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot listen to BBC podcasts

PlanFreeCountry UKDeviceDesktopOperating SystemOnline account My Question or Issue I cannot play any podcasts from the BBC yet in the past I could. In the last week I can see new podcasts being added, but I cannot listen to them or older ones. When I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  UK Device Desktop Operating System Online account   My Question or Issue  I cannot play any podcasts from the BBC yet in the past I could. In the last week...
  • davidcola
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Fix Bug: Adding Songs after Ordering by Artist

If one searches for certain Songs and then orders the result by the Artist [or other criteria maybe?], it just gets visually updated. When one tries to drag selected songs it into a playlist or just plays them, Spotify picks the wrong songs. I think ...

• If one searches for certain Songs and then orders the result by the Artist [or other criteria maybe?], it just gets visually updated. When one tries to drag selected songs it into a playlist or just ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

using phone as remote for windows 10 desktop that's always on.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryuk Deviceoneplus 3 T and HP microserverOperating System Android and Windows 10 My Question or Issue:I have a little server at home which runs as a plex server and a couple of other bits of software including spotfiy connect and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country uk   Device oneplus 3 T and HP microserver Operating System  Android and Windows 10   My Question or Issue: I have a little server at home which ru...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MP4 files not showing in Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can not add mp4 files to my Spotify playlists (they do not appear in local files).I have installed QuickTime already and it does not help.Hope you can help me, also I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can not add mp4 files to my Spotify playlists (they do not appear in local files)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Custom Playlist User Image?

PlanPremium Operating System(Windows) My Question or Issue I believe we can change a playlist image to one of our choosing? If so what is the best size to use? Jpeg I presume?

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium   Operating System (Windows)   My Question or Issue   I believe we can change a playlist image to one of our choosing? If so what is the best size to use?  Jp...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connecting to chromecast only on phone

USAPremiumSamsung Galaxy 8 and Windows 10 x64 Ok this is not big issue, but can only connect and adjust volume from phone appOnce that is done can see computer (even if I am sitting at computer connecting by phone)Computer App can skip songs, pause, ...

• Casual Listener
  • USA Premium Samsung Galaxy 8 and Windows 10 x64   Ok this is not big issue, but can only connect and adjust volume from phone app Once that is done can see computer (even if I am sitting at...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution AUTOPLAY Please

Plan PremiumCountry Czech Republic Operating System Win10 My Question or IssueWhy would you remove such a nice feature out of the blue? Me and many other users really appreciated how it offered new music of the similar particular taste seamlessly jus...

• Plan    Premium Country    Czech Republic   Operating System    Win10    My Question or Issue Why would you remove such a nice feature out of the...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Autoplay setting is gone

I want to disable autoplay, but when I scroll down in settings, the option isn't there.I re-installed it, twice, and it's still gone. Help?

• I want to disable autoplay, but when I scroll down in settings, the option isn't there. I re-installed it, twice, and it's still gone.   Help?
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Spotify is becoming worse and worse every update.

PlanFreeCountry EgyptDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify, a company that's designed for music, has become worse and worse every **bleep** year. first off starting with the error code 17 where it can't be fixed, uninstalled...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country  Egypt Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify, a company that's designed for music, has become worse and worse every ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 October 2018 Update - neither spotify desktop or windows app displays.

PlanPremiumDevicehttp://nimb.ws/ETjmQw Operating Systemhttp://nimb.ws/ApDqZ8 My Question or IssueHi, spotify just shows an empty window after the update. see http://nimb.ws/gCBwPh have uninstalled and installed and no luck.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device http://nimb.ws/ETjmQw   Operating System http://nimb.ws/ApDqZ8   My Question or Issue Hi, spotify just shows an empty window after the update.  see ht...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay doesn't show up on desktop version

For some reason autoplay has simply disappeared from my desktop version of Spotify (I'm running Windows 7). It's still there on my iphone App, but it simply isn't listed under playback in the settings. And given that there is way to get support from ...

•   For some reason autoplay has simply disappeared from my desktop version of Spotify (I'm running Windows 7). It's still there on my iphone App, but it simply isn't listed under playback in the...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Did autoplay got removed ?

Hi all,so the past few days I noticed that autoplay wasnt working since one of the reasons I got my spotify is to discover new music so does anybody know if this is a problem or just an updated that killed this feature thanks,Thanos

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, so the past few days I noticed that autoplay wasnt working since one of the reasons I got my spotify is to discover new music so does anybody know if this is a problem or just an updated tha...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes