Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Cannot listen to certain bands.

So far i counted 4 bands. Not a single song can be played.

• So far i counted 4 bands. Not a single song can be played.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Going back to the beginning of the playlist

So ivI' had this problem for a long while now and basically i listeb to spotify on my computer and i wanba control it with my phone so i can just quickly pick out my favourite songs while imI sitting at the ither side of the room or something. Anyway...

• Casual Listener
  • So ivI' had this problem for a long while now and basically i listeb to spotify on my computer and i wanba control it with my phone so i can just quickly pick out my favourite songs while imI sitting...
  • Nyanya707
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! won't advance to next song

about a week to ten days ago anything in my playlist (on web player) will not advance to the next track! I've signed out, signed back in, removed the tracks from the playlist and added them back in, tried different songs, tried an entire album, nothi...

• Casual Listener
  • about a week to ten days ago anything in my playlist (on web player) will not advance to the next track! I've signed out, signed back in, removed the tracks from the playlist and added them back in, ...
  • rcappelo
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Speed Increases Unexpectedly

OS: Windows 8.1 EnterpriseSpotify Version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 I am experiencing a bug where music playback speed seems to be increased unexpectedly. The bug may be occuring when I've had the program open, pause music, then restart listening. This i...

• OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise Spotify Version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78   I am experiencing a bug where music playback speed seems to be increased unexpectedly. The bug may be&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    application
    bug
    bug report
    double speed
    fast
    playback speed
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Doesn't Keep my Offline Playlist

Spotify on this Windows 10 laptop can't keep my offline playlists. They still need to be downloaded every few days. And I have one Windows 7 desktop at home, I can't see that one on my Offline devices on my account. Any ideas? EDIT: And this Windows ...

• Roadie
  • Spotify on this Windows 10 laptop can't keep my offline playlists. They still need to be downloaded every few days.   And I have one Windows 7 desktop at home, I can't see that one on my Offli...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    Win10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution People I follow no longer visible in sidebar

Some months ago with my old laptop (wind 10) people no longer showed in the sidebar.I've tried almost possible solutions:- Re-installed Spotify app- Ticked off/on social network in preferences- I assumed laptop causing it, as it not very stable. I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Some months ago with my old laptop (wind 10) people no longer showed in the sidebar. I've tried almost possible solutions: - Re-installed Spotify app - Ticked off/on social network in prefere...
  • Julian
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

multiple audio outputs speaksers

Is there a way i can listen to spotify on my speakers while im having a discord conversation in my headset ? if so how.

• Is there a way i can listen to spotify on my speakers while im having a discord conversation in my headset ? if so how. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedding Spotify playlists in my website for nothing?

Hi, I want to keep track of my favourite artists, albums and tracks so I keep embedded playlists in my website that I can go to whenever i feel without having to go through thousands of albums... you can check it here: https://portcorner.com/journal/...

• Hi,  I want to keep track of my favourite artists, albums and tracks so I keep embedded playlists in my website that I can go to whenever i feel without having to go through thousands of albums...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back numbering within playlists!!!

Why do I only see a musical note in front of a song within a playlist? They used to be numbered, which was very useful, especially since you removed the notification of new songs added to a playlist long ago........... Now it becomes almost impossibl...

• Why do I only see a musical note in front of a song within a playlist? They used to be numbered, which was very useful, especially since you removed the notification of new songs added to a playlist ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Numbering
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Edit the Oflline Song Strorage doesnt work

I try to edit the Oflline Song Storage to another internal Drive. After choosing a folder, Spotify wants me to restart Sportify. After restarting, the Offline Song Storage is on the folder like before, on my SSD. Even restarting my computer oder rein...

• Casual Listener
  • I try to edit the Oflline Song Storage to another internal Drive. After choosing a folder, Spotify wants me to restart Sportify. After restarting, the Offline Song Storage is on the folder like befor...
  • DavidLe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change playlist photo

I've attempted multiple times to upload a photo as my playlist image, but constantly get the notice saying that the image can not be uploaded. I have no idea how to solve this issue. Any help?

• I've attempted multiple times to upload a photo as my playlist image, but constantly get the notice saying that the image can not be uploaded. I have no idea how to solve this issue. Any help?
  • kiddikalli
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Managing when song versions change in a playlist

Fairly often, a song that I've had in a playlist for ages is replaced with a crummy dance mix, or karaoke version. I get that the licensing has probably changed, but often I can find the same song still in the catalog. When this happens, it becomes d...

• Regular
  • Fairly often, a song that I've had in a playlist for ages is replaced with a crummy dance mix, or karaoke version. I get that the licensing has probably changed, but often I can find the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Fullscreen mode Bug

When I switch to the fullscreen mode (the one with the album cover in the middle and the buttons on the bottom) I see like 2-3 pixels of the desktop's background and it's really making me mad. I haven't found a solution to this issue on the spotify c...

Immagine.png Immagine.png
  • When I switch to the fullscreen mode (the one with the album cover in the middle and the buttons on the bottom) I see like 2-3 pixels of the desktop's background and it's really making me mad. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Snaz & Snip not working with spotify premium

Since i tried the 30 days trial of Spotify premium, snip and snaz doesn't recognize the music i am listening, i have an older version of snaz because of the latest version doesn't work anymore because of devs. Could be any setting that blocks third p...

• Since i tried the 30 days trial of Spotify premium,  snip and snaz doesn't recognize the music i am listening, i have an older version of snaz because of the latest version doesn't wor...
  • Landryy
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't see people who follow my playlist

HI! From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist has 13 followers (formerly subscribers) but I can only see 3 ...

Sin título.png
  • Gig Goer
  • HI!   From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist...
  • AlexZadik
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes
  • Windows
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes

Superuser Contribution Search function not working and other bugs

Quite a few bugs popping out today - server maintenece day at Spotify? All day the search function has been dead. Tried restarting the program. Tried logging out and logging back in - simply no go. Have also had a couple of issues with the Windows po...

• Music Fan
  • Quite a few bugs popping out today - server maintenece day at Spotify?   All day the search function has been dead. Tried restarting the program. Tried logging out and logging back in - simply...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't uninstall Spotify. Windows 10

I am having some trouble with uninstalling Spotify from my pc. I just spent a month trying to fix a security update problem for my pc. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 completely, so I have to reinstall all my applications again :P.I downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having some trouble with uninstalling Spotify from my pc.   I just spent a month trying to fix a security update problem for my pc. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 completely, s...
  • Nightoro
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The Songs tab under "YOUR LIBRARY" doesn't have a download option

In the first image the download button is present download buttonI just want a download option for this pretty sure many other people do thanksno download button

download button.PNG no download button.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • In the first image the download button is present  download buttonI just want a download option for this pretty sure many other people do thanks no download button
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes