Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Songs starting from beginning of playlist

Anytime I go into a playlist and click on a song to play it just plays the song at the beginnning of the playlist. I have to hit the next button to move trough songs.Any reason why this is happening now?

• Casual Listener
  • Anytime I go into a playlist and click on a song to play it just plays the song at the beginnning of the playlist. I have to hit the next button to move trough songs. Any reason why this is happenin...
  • 66pac
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows player isn't working

My player isn't working on my laptop: http://prntscr.com/j7beqfSong aren't recognized, and skip because of it.I'm not offline and my internet connection has no issues.I've also tried to log out and in again and even unistall the player and install it...

• My player isn't working on my laptop: http://prntscr.com/j7beqf Song aren't recognized, and skip because of it. I'm not offline and my internet connection has no issues. I've also tried ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Uninstallable (Equalify)

I dont know why exactly but im not able to un/reinstall Spotify after Equalify. Since the classic Close SpotifyGo to the Control Panel.Click Programs and Features.Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.Follow the instructions on the screen.Do...

• I dont know why exactly but im not able to un/reinstall Spotify after Equalify. Since the classic   Close Spotify Go to the Control Panel. Click Programs and Features. Selec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Half-Blue Dots in Podcast's List of Episodes

So, I've searched to find out what this symbol is and I've had no luck finding what the half-full blue dot is. It'd be really helpful, Spotify, if you'd include a legend on your website, in your help files, etc... OR, you know, give it a hover title,...

half-blue dot.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So, I've searched to find out what this symbol is and I've had no luck finding what the half-full blue dot is.  It'd be really helpful, Spotify, if you'd include a legend on your website, i...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Song keeps repeating

Spotify won't play a album or a playlist. After any song,randy crawford song will play. I had one song in my albums,and I deleted it., no matter some random song off that album starts playing. I can't figure out where to post this please help, some o...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't play a album or a playlist. After any song,randy crawford song will play. I had one song in my albums,and I deleted it., no matter some random song off that album starts playing. I can'...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Changes Do Not Stick (data sync issue?)

My single biggest complaint about the desktop app is that changes to playlists and user settings do NOT stick. I see them, but when I close the app (or log out and back in), the changes become undone and things go back to what they looked like before...

• Roadie
  • ...alking about playlist images, titles, descriptions, secret/public (but not the tracks added/removed, thankfully). I'm also talking about settings like "publish my activity on spotify" or "show my c...
  • GaryLASQ
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Note 5 shuffel want turn off

I have notice after an andrioid update I can not longer turn shuffel off on note 5, but I can on my IPAD I can touch the cross bars and turn off on my Ipad. I have cleared cashe on my andripid phone same issue can't turn off shuffel.

• Regular
  • I have notice after an andrioid update I can not longer turn shuffel off on note 5, but I can on my IPAD I can touch the cross  bars and turn off on my Ipad. I have cleared cashe on my andripid ...
  • Guynraleigh
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist stuck on "waiting"

A playlist I am trying to download is stuck on "waiting This is my playlist for local files so i need to have it downloaded on the desktop app before I can download on my mobile

spot.PNG
  • A playlist I am trying to download is stuck on "waiting   This is my playlist for local files so i need to have it downloaded on the desktop app before I can download on my mobile
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas con Plan Familiar Premium

Al momento de registrarme con el plan familiar todavia sigo siendo cuenta Free, además las personas que viven en mi hogar les pasa lo mismo, por favor responder a la brevedad ya que tampoco me funciona en Windows y me salen publicidad , atento a los ...

• ...unciona en Windows y me salen publicidad  , atento a los comentarios
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically skipping over songs and saying the songs aren't available

I am using spotify on a windows 10 laptop and have spotify premium. Whenever i try to play any song, it just skips over it. Nearly every time I open spotify, a message in a blue box appears at the top saying "This song is not available. If you have t...

• I am using spotify on a windows 10 laptop and have spotify premium. Whenever i try to play any song, it just skips over it. Nearly every time I open spotify, a message in a blue box appears at the to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't remember last song I was playing

Spotify is no longer remembering which song I was playing. Whenever I start Spotify, no song is selected. This is annoying since it forces me to go into the Spotify app and browse back to where I was, while I used to be able to just press play on my ...

• Regular
  • Spotify is no longer remembering which song I was playing. Whenever I start Spotify, no song is selected. This is annoying since it forces me to go into the Spotify app and browse back to where I was...
  • 0 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 44 likes

Playlist not playing properly

Whenever I pay a song, after the track it always goes back to the COCO Soundtrack album and it doesnt continue to the next track on my playlist. Please help ThanksJC

• Whenever I pay a song, after the track it always goes back to the COCO Soundtrack album and it doesnt continue to the next track on my playlist.   Please help     Thanks JC
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The play button doesn't work

Hi ! Since yesterday, I can't listen to any music on Spotify. When I want to play a playlist, it goes on my recently listened (on left) but nothing is launched. Same with a particular music. :'(

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !   Since yesterday, I can't listen to any music on Spotify. When I want to play a playlist, it goes on my recently listened (on left) but nothing is launched. Same with a particular music....
  • Ambreay
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't make my collaborative playlist public

Hi, Does anybody know why I can't make a playlist public AND collaborative? If I check the 'public' button on the drop down menu and shortly after that I check the Collaborative button, my whole playlist becomes 'Secret'. I can only choose for a publ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Does anybody know why I can't make a playlist public AND collaborative? If I check the 'public' button on the drop down menu and shortly after that I check the Collaborative b...
  • candyputa
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Name of local songs

Hello everyone.When I try to import local files from my computer to Spotify (Mac), it works really well. However, Spotify automatically change the name of my files, trying to guess an existing song title while they are non-market music. I would like ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hello everyone. When I try to import local files from my computer to Spotify (Mac), it works really well. However, Spotify automatically change the name of my files, trying to guess an existin...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Most of my songs disappeared

Hi guys,I'm currently trying to find out why most of my songs are missing on Spotify Dektop... I can see 62 out of +1500 songs on desktop whereas they all display on my android app... Can you guys help me out ? Thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • Hi guys, I'm currently trying to find out why most of my songs are missing on Spotify Dektop... I can see 62 out of +1500 songs on desktop whereas they all display on my android app... Can you guys ...
  • murloc26
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Resizing the app window

So many updates went through since issue appeared and it is still not fixed for so long.Seriously what's the problem in fixing it?The issue is that resizing makes the window stuck and empty space appears.

• Visitor
  • So many updates went through since issue appeared and it is still not fixed for so long. Seriously what's the problem in fixing it? The issue is that resizing makes the window stuck and empty space...
  • aeneas1
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Privacy settings don't save

Hello,I try to turn all my privacy settings off so no-one can see my activity or my recent artists, but every time I close spotify and reopen it, the settings all go back to on.I've tried using both the windows store and the version from the spotify ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I try to turn all my privacy settings off so no-one can see my activity or my recent artists, but every time I close spotify and reopen it, the settings all go back to on. I've tried using b...
  • Denax
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing on Exit

When I have Spotify open, it will eventually slow my computer with so much hard drive activity, that I have to close it from the task manager. If I close it by clicking 'X,' a couple of seconds later, my computer will lock up and I'll have to hard re...

• Regular
  • When I have Spotify open, it will eventually slow my computer with so much hard drive activity, that I have to close it from the task manager. If I close it by clicking 'X,' a couple of seconds later...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes