Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spofity Windows Desktop version slow and crashing

I am using Spotify on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The Spotify app I'm using is version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78.The problem with the app is that it sometimes gets very slow or even crashes, especially during searches.This has nothing to do with the internet c...

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The Spotify app I'm using is version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78. The problem with the app is that it sometimes gets very slow or even crashes, especially ...
  • joostmoll
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Espontaneous interruption when listening

Good morning!I have a strange issue in my account: When I listen music on PC, iPhone, Android as well as my car, sometimes the playing turns to pause aleatory... sometimes one time in one hour sometimes three of four times in the next. It happens in ...

• Good morning! I have a strange issue in my account:  When I listen music on PC, iPhone, Android as well as my car, sometimes the playing turns to pause aleatory... sometimes one time in one hou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly wont update

My Discover Weekly playlist isn't wanting to update. Its been 8 days since it last updated and I've tried plenty of fixes which are not working. Unfollowed, logged out, closed and reopened, then signed back in and followed it again and it still hasnt...

• My Discover Weekly playlist isn't wanting to update. Its been 8 days since it last updated and I've tried plenty of fixes which are not working. Unfollowed, logged out, closed and reopened, then sign...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song I didn't chose starts playing

Hello,I opened Spotify on my PC and new songs have been added to my playlist which I have never listened to before and also I was listening to a song on my laptop when it cut out and started playing a classical song I hadn't heard before.This is a bi...

• Hello, I opened Spotify on my PC and new songs have been added to my playlist which I have never listened to before and also I was listening to a song on my laptop when it cut out and started p...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window shows up on my desktop and I can't scroll?

http://prntscr.com/j66zkn This pops up on my desktop and I can't scroll or use mouse4 & 5, does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

• http://prntscr.com/j66zkn   This pops up on my desktop and I can't scroll or use mouse4 & 5, does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

finding music videos

I use Spotify in Austria and don't have the option of seaching for music videos. When will this option be available? It seems to be available in other areas.

• Regular
  •   I use Spotify in Austria and don't have the option of seaching for music videos.  When will this option be available?  It seems to be available in other areas.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
    video
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Application not working

Hi,Lately I've problems with my desktop application. I've been using desktop application for about one year in my current laptop and I had no problems. But unfortunetely, one week ago application began not to work. Also I am not able to reach spotify...

• Hi, Lately I've problems with my desktop application. I've been using desktop application for about one year in my current laptop and I had no problems. But unfortunetely, one week ago application b...
  • moocher
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify don't recognize iTunes in Windows 10

Hi everyone, i've just installed Windows 10 pro, so iTunes and imported my library for old playlists. Than I install Spotify and when I go in Settings, iTunes doesn't appear in sources! I tried to disinstall and reinstall both, but it doesn't work!Is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, i've just installed Windows 10 pro, so iTunes and imported my library for old playlists. Than I install Spotify and when I go in Settings, iTunes doesn't appear in sources! I tried to di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist no longer available and can't delete it

I followed some playlists, it seems the people who created them delete them.So i can't access them anymore, not a problem, i respect it.My problem is I don't want to see them anymore on my playlist list as no use, the issue is i can't delete them

• Casual Listener
  • I followed some playlists, it seems the people who created them delete them. So i can't access them anymore, not a problem, i respect it. My problem is I don't want to see them anymore on my p...
  • thebube
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

outlook

outlook 

• Casual Listener
  • outlook 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sfad
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Spotify.exe login problem (again)

This happens every couple months with some update and I do not know what unnatural process is required to login to the Spotify.exe --- there is NO reason that logging in to an application is not standardized. At one point, I thought that I had to use...

• Regular
  • This happens every couple months with some update and I do not know what unnatural process is required to login to the Spotify.exe --- there is NO reason that logging in to an application is not stan...
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Is this the right place to report bugs? When I click the album cover to jump to the song's location in a playlist, it often jumps to the wrong song if I have sorted the playlist by a column. It won't work until I play a different playlist and then co...

• Regular
  • Is this the right place to report bugs?   When I click the album cover to jump to the song's location in a playlist, it often jumps to the wrong song if I have sorted the playlist by a column....
  • FearfulSymmetry
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes

switch devices automatically add playlist

When i switch devices it automatically add playlist to my queue.Is there any way to prevent this?

• When i switch devices it automatically add playlist to my queue. Is  there any way to prevent this?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution win10 spotify app slow

On win10 spotify app takes at least 20min to open, any suggestion?

• Casual Listener
  • On win10 spotify app takes at least 20min to open, any suggestion?
  • RealBlue
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

lost my playlist

i just logged in and lost all my spotify playlist... how do i get them back??

• Casual Listener
  • i just logged in and lost all my spotify playlist... how do i get them back??
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Enable the reader in the browser

Cannot use Spotify on Opera in Windows 10.It tells: Enable the reader in the browser

• Casual Listener
  • Cannot use Spotify on Opera in Windows 10. It tells:  Enable the reader in the browser
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • opera
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with logging in

Hi, I'm having trouble logging in Spotify account. I have the password and username but it says Your email and password combination does not match a Spotify account. I'm logged in my Spotify account on my computer but cant login in on my phone.

• Hi, I'm having trouble logging in Spotify account.  I have the password and username but it says Your email and password combination does not match a Spotify account. I'm logged in my Spoti...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can i play spotify with windows media player to get the visuals

Can i use windows media player to listen to Spotify? I like the visuals it has or does Spotiy have a setting for visuals.

• Can i use windows media player to listen to Spotify? I like the visuals it has or does Spotiy have a setting for visuals.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to drag songs or order Playlists

I used to be able to drag songs onto playlists and order playlists by dragging songs within them on Windows desktop. Could you let me know if this is a change that Spotify has made or if I can recover this feature? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to drag songs onto playlists and order playlists by dragging songs within them on Windows desktop.    Could you let me know if this is a change that Spotify has made or ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

After an update a couple days ago my local music wouldn't play at all. Older versions work fine.

I have troubleshooted everything with support and they gave me an older version that does not update automatically for a temporary fix to this problem. I would install the desktop client for windows via the website and then the very next time I updat...

• Gig Goer
  • I have troubleshooted everything with support and they gave me an older version that does not update automatically for a temporary fix to this problem. I would install the desktop client for windows ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local music
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes