Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Constantly Downloading on PC

I don't know why, but on my computer it is showing that my spotify is constantly downloading something, but i can't find anything that would be downloading, and every thing i've found has been for phones. Help!

• I don't know why, but on my computer it is showing that my spotify is constantly downloading something, but i can't find anything that would be downloading, and every thing i've found has been for ph...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start anymore ..

Windows 10 x64 I have uninstalled, manually deleted all files, restartet, reinstalled.I have tested with compatibiliy mode and without.Spotify won't start. - I cant use this app since one glory morning there was an spotify update. I tried all suggest...

• Windows 10 x64    I have uninstalled, manually deleted all files, restartet, reinstalled. I have tested with compatibiliy mode and without. Spotify won't start. - I cant use this a...
  • patjasmo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

Hello, i just got spotify and im not sure with it but even though i changed the storage location it seems its still storing in a place i dont want it to the default drive was C and i swapped it to F now i do see its adding files to drive F but they d...

• Hello,   i just got spotify and im not sure with it but even though i changed the storage location it seems its still storing in a place i dont want it to   the default drive ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still happens. I got the Spotify Premium and it has always w...

• Music Fan
  • My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still hap...
  • bikeman1234
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

Brani improvvisamente non disponibili

Probabilmente ho sbagliato sezione, però non sapevo davvero dove scrivere.Il problema è questo: ritiratomi a casa, ho aperto Spotify sul mio computer, ho cercato un brano in particolare e ho notato che non era disponibile per l'ascolto, insieme anche...

• Casual Listener
  • Probabilmente ho sbagliato sezione, però non sapevo davvero dove scrivere. Il problema è questo: ritiratomi a casa, ho aperto Spotify sul mio computer, ho cercato un brano in particolare e ho notato...
  • gioviskius
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify automatically change song & automatically starts playing.

My spotify has several times without reason started to play randomly chosen music from the playlist that I'm currently listening to. Even if I pause a song in spotify and close the window, spotify starts to play music. It is really annoying listening...

• My spotify has several times without reason started to play randomly chosen music from the playlist that I'm currently listening to. Even if I pause a song in spotify and close the window, spotify st...
  • pestsov
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes

Windows 10 update for tablet mode

Hey Spotify folks!Love the latest uipdate! Especially hifing the file menu etc elements. If there is something that makes an application look OLD, it is a visible file / edit etc menus along the top.As a frequent Windows 10 tablet AND desktop user, i...

• Hey Spotify folks! Love the latest uipdate! Especially hifing the file menu etc elements. If there is something that makes an application look OLD, it is a visible file / edit etc menus along the to...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Icon on the Windows 10 Startmenu Broken?

Hey Guys! I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 3 hours ago, everything went fine, and im currently using the newest version. For some odd reason, everytime i open my Startmenu the Spotify Icon looks like this?! https://i.imgur.com/nHN9q8q.jpg Is this just ...

• Hey Guys!   I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 3 hours ago, everything went fine, and im currently using the newest version.   For some odd reason, everytime i open my Startmenu the Spotify...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Migrator.ext error - Spotify won't start and I can't uninstall it

See the attachment. Recently changed something in the Windows area of regedit because Word wasn't working, and when I restarted I got this. Can't uninstall it because it's an app. Can't install it because the Windows store says I already have it inst...

• See the attachment. Recently changed something in the Windows area of regedit because Word wasn't working, and when I restarted I got this.   Can't uninstall it because it's an app. Can't inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Music on desktop not mobile - user "Double J" in Australia

Hi team,Double J is a national internet and DAB+ radio station in Australia - it's for people "older" than Triple J. They are a user, and have a great playlist called "Double J Best New Music". Works great on the W10 desktop app.However, on my phone,...

• Regular
  • Hi team, Double J is a national internet and DAB+ radio station in Australia - it's for people "older" than Triple J.  They are a user, and have a great playlist called "Double J Best New Music...
  • willyroo
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't get past login, desktop app freeze

Reinstalled it three times, only seem to be one desktop version, no betas or 64 bit version. There seems to be nothing else to try so please help me out, when logging in it just becomes grey and nothing happens.

dsd.png
  • Regular
  •   Reinstalled it three times, only seem to be one desktop version, no betas or 64 bit version.   There seems to be nothing else to try so please help me out, when logging in it just beco...
  • darcybuckhurst
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Starts and stops song on random keypress

Hi, my Spotify on desktop starts and stops randomly on random keypress, weather the app is selected or not. If I have no key inputs, the music will play just fine, but even as I type this sentence, the song has started and stopped at least ten times....

• Hi, my Spotify on desktop starts and stops randomly on random keypress, weather the app is selected or not. If I have no key inputs, the music will play just fine, but even as I type this sentence, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Respawning Queue Issue

Each morning an album I queued weeks ago is back in my queue and when I play an album or playlist it will play the first track then then jump to that album again. I can clear it and things play normally from there but the next computer restart its ba...

• Each morning an album I queued weeks ago is back in my queue and when I play an album or playlist it will play the first track then then jump to that album again. I can clear it and things play norma...
  • Matheuskrk
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Queue bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Music pausing when audible notification comes in

Windows 10 1709 x64Listening to music via Bluetooth HeadphonesWhenever an audible notification comes in (Skype, MS Teams, Slack, etc.) the music pauses for about 5-6 seconds and then resumes. Standard "quiet" toast notifications don't impact the musi...

• Windows 10 1709 x64 Listening to music via Bluetooth Headphones Whenever an audible notification comes in (Skype, MS Teams, Slack, etc.) the music pauses for about 5-6 seconds and then resumes.&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Lag, still a problem

Hey Any good tips out there. The songs has for a while now been "flickering", "lagged" in songs every 2-3 seconds. I always liked Spotify, but need help solving this, or there are no use in trying to listening to music here. Uinstalled and reinstalle...

• Hey   Any good tips out there. The songs has for a while now been "flickering", "lagged" in songs every 2-3 seconds. I always liked Spotify, but need help solving this, or there are no use in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

Solved!! I want to use the app occasionally, but I don't want it to show what I'm listening to on my PC

Once in a while I use the app but mostly listen to Spotify on my PC. But the app has taken over my Android phone! It even covers my wallpaper. (Yes, all I have to do is swipe to get rid of it, but still...) I don't want to uninstall the app, so is th...

Screenshot of Spotify app.png
  • Music Fan
  • Once in a while I use the app but mostly listen to Spotify on my PC. But the app has taken over my Android phone! It even covers my wallpaper. (Yes, all I have to do is swipe to get rid of it, but st...
  • Relztrah
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to import any Playlists, and Playlist frozen

Something seems wrong with my application, I no longer see the normal UI menu at the top that would allow me to import playlists from iTunes, as well as when I leave spotify (closing it or turning off my pc), when I start it up again, instead of play...

• Music Fan
  • Something seems wrong with my application, I no longer see the normal UI menu at the top that would allow me to import playlists from iTunes, as well as when I leave spotify (closing it or turning of...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify playing a song not on my playlist

Few days ago I removed a song because i was so tired of hearing it.Now for some reason it played it, even though it was removed days ago. Also it feels like spotify is playing the same songs from the playlist when shuffle is on and that i have propab...

• Casual Listener
  • Few days ago I removed a song because i was so tired of hearing it. Now for some reason it played it, even though it was removed days ago.   Also it feels like spotify is playing the same son...
  • dana_lawrenxe
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTTP Proxy BUG 1.0.66.478.g1296534d

HTTP Proxy is not longer working after spotify updated to 1.0.66.478.g1296534dIm behind a corporate proxy

• Casual Listener
  • HTTP Proxy is not longer working after spotify updated to 1.0.66.478.g1296534d Im behind a corporate proxy
  • anaco123
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Permanently disable Autoplay !

I can't for the life of me understand why this feature keeps re-enabling itself after an update, and it's not every update, just some of them. I create my playlist to start with a specific song, and end with a specific song, I have no desire to liste...

• Music Fan
  • I can't for the life of me understand why this feature keeps re-enabling itself after an update, and it's not every update, just some of them.   I create my playlist to start with a specific s...
  • streamholder
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes