Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

The shuffle option doesn't work

I have 266 songs on my library of songs but I keep getting the same ones where others get pushed off and never heard from ever. So I started to test, first I put everything into a playlist, as some people told me that resets the songs or whatever. If...

• Casual Listener
  • I have 266 songs on my library of songs but I keep getting the same ones where others get pushed off and never heard from ever. So I started to test, first I put everything into a playlist, as some p...
  • 118ice
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Zero Notifications

I've been using Spotify for a couple of years now. Notificatons have never worked for me - just been talking to Spotify via a 'chat' window and they say they've turned them off recently. Recently? Have they ever worked? I have Spotify on an iPad, iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify for a couple of years now. Notificatons have never worked for me - just been talking to Spotify via a 'chat' window and they say they've turned them off recently. Recently? Ha...
  • norre01
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

takes hours to log in or not at all

I recently bought a new Hp laptop and downloaded Spotify with no problem. I then tried to log in and it appears to be frozen and just wont let me in even if i make a new account.

• I recently bought a new Hp laptop and downloaded Spotify with no problem. I then tried to log in and it appears to be frozen and just wont let me in even if i make a new account. 
  • randomspotfuser
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug: Queue not working

Hi! Since two updates ago, I cannot select what I am listening next... E.g. if I click on a daily mix, then I start listening to the first song, but when it finishes, it goes back to whatever I was listening before. I have to manually select any new ...

• Hi!   Since two updates ago, I cannot select what I am listening next... E.g. if I click on a daily mix, then I start listening to the first song, but when it finishes, it goes back to whateve...
  • Speshalist
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Keyboard volume does not work when Spotify is active window

Since the new patch, my keyboard's volume knob no longer works when Spotify is the active window. It works fine when any other window is active. My keyboard is a Dell multimedia keyboard like this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002G9OZXG).

• Since the new patch, my keyboard's volume knob no longer works when Spotify is the active window. It works fine when any other window is active. My keyboard is a Dell multimedia keyboard like this (h...
  • backlash
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PLAYLIST COVER ON SPOTIFY:

The instructions are red and bolded, and the regular light text is just my over view and process. Feel free to read about it or you can just follow the instructions. I always see people with such cool playlist covers and I never knew how to do it, I ...

• The instructions are red and bolded, and the regular light text is just my over view and process. Feel free to read about it or you can just follow the instructions.   I always see people with...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Only plays one song from a playlist or album then stops, please help!

I have just subscribed to spotify premium family edition. Excited for it due to many positive reviews. Chose this over apple. I have downloaded the spoify program for my work PC windows 7 in hopes of streaming music. The issue is that if I select a p...

• I have just subscribed to spotify premium family edition. Excited for it due to many positive reviews. Chose this over apple. I have downloaded the spoify program for my work PC windows 7 in hopes of...
  • artmual
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download Spotify

Hello! I have a new computer and cannot download Spotify on my new computer that I have. Have tried to disable the firewall on my computer but still doesn't it? On my new computer, I have windows 7 and my last record, I had windows 7 with. This respo...

• Hello!   I have a new computer and cannot download Spotify on my new computer that I have. Have tried to disable the firewall on my computer but still doesn't it? On my new computer, I h...
  • Svrz
  • 90 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 90 replies
  • 8 likes

Windows 10 - any song avalaible

Hello, from a couple of days i can't play any song on a windows 10 laptop i haveSpotify works on a desktop pc and on my phone, but is totally blocked on my laptop.Blue badge on top of interface says "this song is not avalaible. If the file is on the ...

• Hello, from a couple of days i can't play any song on a windows 10 laptop i have Spotify works on a desktop pc and on my phone, but is totally blocked on my laptop. Blue badge on top of interface s...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes are not showing up

So it said "Daily Mixes isn't availbe in offline mode. I tried restarting the app, logging in and logging out many times, but it didn't workPlease help

• Casual Listener
  • So it said "Daily Mixes isn't availbe in offline mode. I tried restarting the app, logging in and logging out many times, but it didn't work Please help
  • sc902_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeat one disables itself

I made a topic a year ago for the same problem, now it's even worse. If I use the next or previous buttons, they change repeat one into repeat playlist. Now, unlike before, the same thing happens when I change track using the play button by the side ...

• Casual Listener
  • I made a topic a year ago for the same problem, now it's even worse. If I use the next or previous buttons, they change repeat one into repeat playlist. Now, unlike before, the same thing happens whe...
  • ThisIsTheNewSh_t
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes

Unable to undo Thumbs up/down

Why can't I undo thumbs up/down? IMHO it's a UX fail Imagine you don't like the song it's playing so you want to click the Next song button and you miss the button and you click just a few pixels next to it to Thumbs up button! And than you realize y...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can't I undo thumbs up/down? IMHO it's a UX fail 😞 Imagine you don't like the song it's playing so you want to click the Next song button and you miss the button and you click just a few pixels...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Issues with resizing the window [W10 Store version]

Well, the video below explains it pretty well. The player can only become so wide until I adjust UI scale again with ctrl +/-. This has happened ever since there was an upgrade which integrated minimize/resize/close buttons to the player's UI itself.

• Casual Listener
  • Well, the video below explains it pretty well. The player can only become so wide until I adjust UI scale again with ctrl +/-. This has happened ever since there was an upgrade which integrated minim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly Downloading on PC

I don't know why, but on my computer it is showing that my spotify is constantly downloading something, but i can't find anything that would be downloading, and every thing i've found has been for phones. Help!

• I don't know why, but on my computer it is showing that my spotify is constantly downloading something, but i can't find anything that would be downloading, and every thing i've found has been for ph...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start anymore ..

Windows 10 x64 I have uninstalled, manually deleted all files, restartet, reinstalled.I have tested with compatibiliy mode and without.Spotify won't start. - I cant use this app since one glory morning there was an spotify update. I tried all suggest...

• Windows 10 x64    I have uninstalled, manually deleted all files, restartet, reinstalled. I have tested with compatibiliy mode and without. Spotify won't start. - I cant use this a...
  • patjasmo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

Hello, i just got spotify and im not sure with it but even though i changed the storage location it seems its still storing in a place i dont want it to the default drive was C and i swapped it to F now i do see its adding files to drive F but they d...

• Hello,   i just got spotify and im not sure with it but even though i changed the storage location it seems its still storing in a place i dont want it to   the default drive ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still happens. I got the Spotify Premium and it has always w...

• Music Fan
  • My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still hap...
  • bikeman1234
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

Brani improvvisamente non disponibili

Probabilmente ho sbagliato sezione, però non sapevo davvero dove scrivere.Il problema è questo: ritiratomi a casa, ho aperto Spotify sul mio computer, ho cercato un brano in particolare e ho notato che non era disponibile per l'ascolto, insieme anche...

• Casual Listener
  • Probabilmente ho sbagliato sezione, però non sapevo davvero dove scrivere. Il problema è questo: ritiratomi a casa, ho aperto Spotify sul mio computer, ho cercato un brano in particolare e ho notato...
  • gioviskius
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify automatically change song & automatically starts playing.

My spotify has several times without reason started to play randomly chosen music from the playlist that I'm currently listening to. Even if I pause a song in spotify and close the window, spotify starts to play music. It is really annoying listening...

• My spotify has several times without reason started to play randomly chosen music from the playlist that I'm currently listening to. Even if I pause a song in spotify and close the window, spotify st...
  • pestsov
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes