Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Greyed out local files

Basically as the title says, the local files that were on my PC were greyed out on my Android phone. I have already checked firewall, reinstalled Spotify, and i've already checked older posts. Also, it worked before with local files that i put in ear...

• Basically as the title says, the local files that were on my PC were greyed out on my Android phone. I have already checked firewall, reinstalled Spotify, and i've already checked older posts. Also, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What exactly is the "same volume for all tracks" switch doing?

Hey folks,I am new to Spotify Premium. Previously I had my self-maintained collection of music, where I have been using ReplayGain (Album Gain, not Track Gain) to compensate volume differences between albums.Now I wonder, what exactly the "Same volum...

• Music Fan
  • Hey folks, I am new to Spotify Premium. Previously I had my self-maintained collection of music, where I have been using ReplayGain (Album Gain, not Track Gain) to compensate volume differences betw...
  • pmattke
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Play all songs by artist?

According to a thread this feature is implemented http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Bring-back-play-all-songs-by-artist/idi-p/292682 but I cant seem to find where to 'play all songs by artist' is this possible without having to manu...

• Casual Listener
  • According to a thread this feature is implemented  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Bring-back-play-all-songs-by-artist/idi-p/292682   but I cant seem to find where...
  • genghiskhan-11
  • Regular
  • 29 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 29 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify keeps pausing songs by itself

Spotify keeps repeatedly pausing songs after 20-30 seconds later i start playing one this happens to me both on my Huawei P8 Lite Phone and my Desktop PC i am very frustrated by this because its really annoying. And yes i did log off from all devices...

• Spotify keeps repeatedly pausing songs after 20-30 seconds later i start playing one this happens to me both on my Huawei P8 Lite Phone and my Desktop PC i am very frustrated by this because its real...
  • Patriickz
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Screen Blank

I'm using Windows 10, uninstalled and installed for a few times. It still doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Windows 10, uninstalled and installed for a few times. It still doesn't work.
  • choimay
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Tab not updating

The discover tab in the browse section has not updated in over two weeks. I am used to the recommended artists/albums updating daily and my listening habits have not changed. I have attempted logging out and logging back in, and this seems to be an i...

• The discover tab in the browse section has not updated in over two weeks.  I am used to the recommended artists/albums updating daily and my listening habits have not changed.  I have attem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video playback not working properly on vertical videos

Playing a vertical video on a 9:16 aspect ratio screen doesn't allow you view the video in full screen, or anything larger than this (image).

• Casual Listener
  • Playing a vertical video on a 9:16 aspect ratio screen doesn't allow you view the video in full screen, or anything larger than this (image).  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Smaller window permanently on top?

I often listen playlists radios or discover playlists, for liking or disliking I always have to open the window up which is a hussle when working. Is there an option to have a minimized version with the most important buttons up on the desktop on all...

• Casual Listener
  • I often listen playlists radios or discover playlists, for liking or disliking I always have to open the window up which is a hussle when working. Is there an option to have a minimized version with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Noted new icon and can't figure out what indicates

Hello i noted this icon https://prnt.sc/igsl6r today. Is someone knows what indicates. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i noted this icon https://prnt.sc/igsl6r today. Is someone knows what indicates. Thanks.
  • unclesilas
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your country does not match the one set in your profile

I'm getting an error that my country does not match the one set in my profile, although I haven't really moved anywhere. I have followed another post saying that I should try using the browser player, which works for some reason, while the desktop ve...

• I'm getting an error that my country does not match the one set in my profile, although I haven't really moved anywhere. I have followed another post saying that I should try using the browser p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop volume from decreasing automatically when Spotify window is not active

Hi, I have installed Spotify version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12aI in Windows 10 and whenever I switch from Spotify window to any other window (for example: chrome), volume starts to decrease automatically. So, whenever Spotify window is not active, the volu...

• Hi,  I have installed Spotify version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12aI  in Windows 10 and whenever I switch from Spotify window to any other window (for example: chrome), volume starts to decrease au...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't enter spaces in search. Just pauses/plays the current song. v. 1.0.75.454.gc666a071

In version 1.0.75.454.gc666a071, I cannot search with spaces. If you try to search with spaces, all it does it pause or play the current song and does not enter the space character.

• Casual Listener
  • In version 1.0.75.454.gc666a071, I cannot search with spaces. If you try to search with spaces, all it does it pause or play the current song and does not enter the space character.
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify starting automatically

Out of the blue Spotify decided to start automatically when I boot my PC. In the Spotify settings it is NOT set to start after logging in and in my startup settings Spotify is disabled. The Spotifty Windows app is not installed.I already tried reinst...

• Music Fan
  • Out of the blue Spotify decided to start automatically when I boot my PC. In the Spotify settings it is NOT set to start after logging in and in my startup settings Spotify is disabled. The Spotifty ...
  • Dubbels
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist?

My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist. My Top Recomendations has not updated for about 2 weeks, and my discover weekly hasn;t for one week. What can I do?

• My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist. My Top Recomendations has not updated for about 2 weeks, and my discover weekly hasn;t for one week. What can I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App on Windowa computer

It would'nt let me play anything because it said I was offline, so I restarted my computer and that did not work. Then I logged out, and it would let me put my information in, but wouldn't log me in. So then, I reinstalled the app and it still will n...

• It would'nt let me play anything because it said I was offline, so I restarted my computer and that did not work. Then I logged out, and it would let me put my information in, but wouldn't log me in....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No local files from OneDrive Music folder appearing on Windows 10 app

I tried adding my music library located in C:/Users/name/OneDrive/Music as a local files source. However, nothing appears in the Local Files page on the Spotify app. I noticed if I copy an album from there into C:/Users/name/Music, and then add that ...

• I tried adding my music library located in C:/Users/name/OneDrive/Music as a local files source. However, nothing appears in the Local Files page on the Spotify app.   I noticed if I copy an a...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Radio on other device but not on desktop app?

Apparently I can now use artist radio on android and start radio on web player but not on desktop app? Is this intended? I'm on Spotify Thailand. Kind Regards.

• Casual Listener
  • Apparently I can now use artist radio on android and start radio on web player but not on desktop app? Is this intended?   I'm on Spotify Thailand.   Kind Regards.
  • dancyfits
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren.

Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren. Deze foutmelding krijg ik de laatste dagen bij alle nummers die ik aanklik.Ik hoor verder ook geen muziek en zie niks afspelen. Opnieuw gedownload en oude ve...

• Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren.   Deze foutmelding krijg ik de laatste dagen bij alle nummers die ik aanklik. Ik hoor verder ook g...
  • Esger
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Windows 10 app keeps disppearing

See image. Spotify can be seen in the task manager so IT IS running and I can play/pause/skip tracks with my media keys but Spotify is no where to be found in the taskbar nor the notification area. I have to force close Spotify via the task manager t...

• Visitor
  • See image. Spotify can be seen in the task manager so IT IS running and I can play/pause/skip tracks with my media keys but Spotify is no where to be found in the taskbar nor the notification area. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists keep disappearing and.....

My playlists will sometimes disappear and will be replaced with random foreign ones, have I been hacked or is this a spotify issue? It is really annoying to have to always recover them and is a big concern to me as well.

• My playlists will sometimes disappear and will be replaced with random foreign ones, have I been hacked or is this a spotify issue? It is really annoying to have to always recover them and is a big c...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes