Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

App not launching properly

When running the desktop app on Windows 7 pro, it appears to fire, then just leaves a black window. Looking in Task Manager, at the PID column, there are 2 Spotify.exe that stays, along with a SpotifyWebHelper.exe, and another Spotify.exe that execut...

• When running the desktop app on Windows 7 pro, it appears to fire, then just leaves a black window.  Looking in Task Manager, at the PID column, there are 2 Spotify.exe that stays, along with a ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading window only when Spotify starts (PC)

Hello,I have a problem. When I enter my Spotify application I only have loading screen with circle moving around (check on screenshot). I can wait like that for 20-30? minutes and still nothing happens. Login window does not appear. 1. Yes, I restart...

• Regular
  • ...y wife's laptop and everything works fine (the same public IP). 4. I was able to login from my smartphone from external IP (GSM) or my router's public IP (home wifi).   My PC's OS is Windows 1...
  • furymistrz
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify no carga al abrir luego de reinstalar

sucede que reinstale el spotify para poder actualizarlo, luego de hacer esto al abrir el programa me aparece una animacion de carga infinita y nunca termina de cargar. ya lleva dos horas asi y no pasa nada. ¿Que puedo hacer? no puedo iniciar sesion y...

• sucede que reinstale el spotify para poder actualizarlo, luego de hacer esto al abrir el programa me aparece una animacion de carga infinita y nunca termina de cargar. ya lleva dos horas asi y n...
  • ShatteredEssenc
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Music

A while back I put an album by Randy Newman (Harps and Angels) in my playlist. I subscribe to Premium. Recently I went to listen to the album and cannot find it. When I searched for the album, it is does not come up. What is going on?

• Casual Listener
  • A while back I put an album by Randy Newman (Harps and Angels) in my playlist.  I subscribe to Premium.  Recently I went to listen to the album and cannot find it.  When I searched for...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

I added new songs to my local files on my computer. WALK THE MOON's Album called: The Other Side: B-Side And Rarities. When I save them to a playlist the artist name changes from WALK THE MOON to Walk the Moon. Upon clicking "Walk the Moon", it direc...

• I added new songs to my local files on my computer. WALK THE MOON's Album called: The Other Side: B-Side And Rarities. When I save them to a playlist the artist name changes from WALK THE MOON to Wal...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stuck on loading wheel, Win 10

For the past day I've been unable to get into Spotify. When I launch it, the window opens and the loading wheel appears with the usual black background- but it doesn't progress onto the next screen (log in menu or the regular app interface) and just ...

• For the past day I've been unable to get into Spotify. When I launch it, the window opens and the loading wheel appears with the usual black background- but it doesn't progress onto the next screen (...
  • Iwordex
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Laptop won't play music

Hello, I've been using Spotify for years on my lap and my Iphone and just today my laptop is telling me that the song is not avalible and that if i have the file that I should import it. I already turned off the local files tabs and got rid of it on ...

• Hello,  I've been using Spotify for years on my lap and my Iphone and just today my laptop is telling me that the song is not avalible and that if i have the file that I should import it. I alr...
  • pontus_arnell
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify plays wrong song (usually equivalent track number from subsequent album)

Description Whenever I try to play a song, spotify will play the equivilant track number from the next album down, and to play the song I want to I have to play the equivilant track number from the preceeding album. A more detailed description, using...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Whenever I try to play a song, spotify will play the equivilant track number from the next album down, and to play the song I want to I have to play the equivilant track number from the...
  • pontus_arnell
  • Regular
  • 73 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 73 replies
  • 5 likes

Importing iTunes Playlists

Apologies, i know this has been covered many times on the board but none of the solutions seemed to work. I'm running windows 10, i have the itunes preferences set to share XML and organize my files, i have all the itunes directories saved as sources...

• Apologies, i know this has been covered many times on the board but none of the solutions seemed to work. I'm running windows 10, i have the itunes preferences set to share XML and organize my files,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet connection on Windows, for real this time, please

Starting to be very frustrated on this No connection error while my internet connection is fully up and running. Only appearing on one windows desktop. Windows firewall setings checked, Spotify installed many times again, logged out and again in. May...

• Starting to be very frustrated on this No connection error while my internet connection is fully up and running. Only appearing on one windows desktop.   Windows firewall setings checked, Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files playing on mobile

I'm trying to play some of my local files on my phone and I've followed the instructions but the song won't sync to the phone. I've marked the song to download on my computer and when I try to bring it up on my phone it says the song can't play becau...

• I'm trying to play some of my local files on my phone and I've followed the instructions but the song won't sync to the phone. I've marked the song to download on my computer and when I try to bring ...
  • aPersonInNeed
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Station like and unlike

It appears that once you have chosen to like or dislike a song that shows up in a radio station, that you cannot undo that choice. These buttons should be on a toggle in my opinion. I've clicked the button on accident a few times, and it would be nic...

• Casual Listener
  • It appears that once you have chosen to like or dislike a song that shows up in a radio station, that you cannot undo that choice.  These buttons should be on a toggle in my opinion. I've clicke...
  • MrMojoRising
  • Regular
  • 75 replies
  • 133 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 133 likes

Saved songs dont appear in the Songs tab from Your Library

I literally only have this problem with my pc, my phone still has all the songs that i have sabed in the Songs tab, but my laptop got desynced or something weird and I only see the last song I added (which was a day ago) and my local files.

• I literally only have this problem with my pc, my phone still has all the songs that i have sabed in the Songs tab, but my laptop got desynced or something weird and I only see the last song I added ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Bug

When I have a window behind spotify say google chrome or any program at all even though spotify is the active window and ontop of those I can click through spotify and it will not allow me to change songs etc unless I close and reopen spotify. If you...

• Casual Listener
  • When I have a window behind spotify say google chrome or any program at all even though spotify is the active window and ontop of those I can click through spotify and it will not allow me to change ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Drunk Playlist ?

Hi,I have a problem with playlist.When I try to put a track in one of my playlist, the last step of the tree development does not appear and it's no possible to put the track in a playlist.I have uninstall/reinstall the app.....no result.Printscreen ...

• Hi, I have a problem with playlist. When I try to put a track in one of my playlist, the last step of the tree development does not appear and it's no possible to put the track in a playlist. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Display

Hi i have an problem when im start my spotify it run like miniaplication and dont display on mi screen How can i repair it ?

• Hi i have an problem 😕 when im start my spotify it run like miniaplication and dont display on mi screen 😕 How can i repair it ? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local (iTunes) Playlists Download

I noticed Spotify adds info like albums and covers to tracks that are missing it. How can I use the ''Download'' function to obtain those songs with complete metadata ? Nothing happens when I enable ''Download'' for the playlist.

• I noticed Spotify adds info like albums and covers to tracks that are missing it. How can I use the ''Download'' function to obtain those songs with complete metadata ? Nothing happens when I enable ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says I'm offline when I'm not

I'm not offline, but spotify thinks I am. I have logged out and logged in again, disconnected from wi-fi and connected back again, I even uninstalled spotify (and then had to download an older version because it wouldn't load). It keeps doing the sam...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not offline, but spotify thinks I am. I have logged out and logged in again, disconnected from wi-fi and connected back again, I even uninstalled spotify (and then had to download an older versio...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps auto starting despite disabled settings

Yeah, I know; this topic has re-surfaced more times than syphilis. But I'm at a loss here. I've disabled the autostart feature in advanced settings and the setting "Allow Spotify to be opened from the Web". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the applic...

• Yeah, I know; this topic has re-surfaced more times than syphilis. But I'm at a loss here.   I've disabled the autostart feature in advanced settings and the setting "Allow Spotify to be opene...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • startup
    Startup Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to view artist.

Artist is "Rude." bug applies to any song, for instance, "Eternal Youth", web link works fine. Whenever I'm trying to look for songs of this artist, if I then click on his name in the table (or rightclick > Go to Artist), I get "Something went wrong"...

• Artist is "Rude." bug applies to any song, for instance, "Eternal Youth", web link works fine. Whenever I'm trying to look for songs of this artist, if I then click on his name in the table (or ...
  • hmhrex
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes