Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify freezes a lot

Like the subject indicates, Spotify freezes a lot of times on my pc, I can't click anything, but I can control music using the Play/Pause, Previous/Next Song on my keyboard (and it also shows the song that's playing in Spotify).

• Like the subject indicates, Spotify freezes a lot of times on my pc, I can't click anything, but I can control music using the Play/Pause, Previous/Next Song on my keyboard (and it also shows the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

google home

Spotify has suddenly stopped allowing me to make a selection and play it on google home from my desktop

• Spotify has suddenly stopped allowing me to make a selection and play it on google home from my desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update causing ghosting on desktop

Ever since the update, whenever I try to click on a song or anything on Spotify it goes straight through and clicks on the window behind Spotify. I click to change the song and it brings up Chrome or whatever I have behind it. Anyone else having this...

• Ever since the update, whenever I try to click on a song or anything on Spotify it goes straight through and clicks on the window behind Spotify. I click to change the song and it brings up Chrome or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

question about downloading music to Samsung Gear Watch...

I use "Cardio" tracks for my workouts. Been doing this with Pandora for a while now. However, just got a Samsung Gear Sport watch and, since it has a Spotify app and you're doing a 3 month trial for .99, I thought I'd give it a shot and see how I lik...

• Casual Listener
  • I use "Cardio" tracks for my workouts.  Been doing this with Pandora for a while now.  However, just got a Samsung Gear Sport watch and, since it has a Spotify app and you're doing a 3 mont...
  • JoeKM
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What/Who is using my account?

Trying to enjoy music and every song I play cuts off after a few seconds with the world's most unhelpful message: "Your account is being used elsewhere." It's 2018 and Spotify can't even hint where the account is being used. I could change the passwo...

• Casual Listener
  • Trying to enjoy music and every song I play cuts off after a few seconds with the world's most unhelpful message: "Your account is being used elsewhere."   It's 2018 and Spotify can't even hin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't launch/install Spotify from Windows Store *fixed*

EDIT: After a few restarts this problem has been fixed, the app does launch. (I can't seem to be able to delete the post, however...) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I was using my...

Screenshot (14).png
  • Casual Listener
  • EDIT: After a few restarts this problem has been fixed, the app does launch. (I can't seem to be able to delete the post, however...)   --------------------------------------------------------...
  • guisiciliano
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • not installing
    not launching
    Windows Store
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

trying to add a family member ,

hi , the premium for family section is blank and i cant add my mom to my family account, dad is already linked but cant see him either ??? using windows to register but normally all apple devices

• hi ,   the premium for family section is blank and i cant add my mom to my family account, dad is already linked but cant see him either ???   using windows to register but normally all...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot add songs to older playlists

Since the most recent update, I can only add songs to the most recent playlists I've created but not older ones. If I use the right-click drop down list, it only shows my most recent playlists and does not allow me to add to older ones.

• Casual Listener
  • Since the most recent update, I can only add songs to the most recent playlists I've created but not older ones. If I use the right-click drop down list, it only shows my most recent playlists and do...
  • MePenguin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing when an audio device changes.

Alright, so imply put whenever a play device changed, e.g. i plug in my headphones spotify works just fine, but if i unplug my headphones it will stop playing and say "Cant Play This Song" so i have to close and restart spotify, and this happens dail...

• Alright, so imply put whenever a play device changed, e.g. i plug in my headphones spotify works just fine, but if i unplug my headphones it will stop playing and say "Cant Play This Song" so i have ...
  • JasonRuz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

One Big Playlist

Is it possible to play (random or otherwise) all the tracks I have saved in all my playlists as though it is one big playlist like a huge random jukebox?

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to play (random or otherwise) all the tracks I have saved in all my playlists as though it is one big playlist like a huge random jukebox?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist

As the subject line suggests, I cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist. When I click "start a topic" and type in subject, message and link to playlist, and then click the I'm not a robot thing...I do not get a "post" button. W...

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject line suggests, I cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist.  When I click "start a topic" and type in subject, message and link to playlist, and then click th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback settings do not save

For some reason, every time I try to toggle crossfade or try to set the same volume level for all songs, both of the options revert to off upon exitting spotify. How do I fix this? This is tremendously annoying. Windows 10

• For some reason, every time I try to toggle crossfade or try to set the same volume level for all songs, both of the options revert to off upon exitting spotify.  How do I fix this? This is trem...
  • jeffinkc
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Is it legal to download music covers?

Hallo. I see many people which downloading covers from spotify, but is this legal?

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo.   I see many people which downloading covers from spotify, but is this legal?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I think my account was hacked!! Help ME

Hi there, I thhink my account is being used by somebody else I don't know. Recently my spotify on phone and laptop has been acting up. It does things such as:Skips the song randomlyPlays a different song (Toys by Mahmood Khan or something else that i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I thhink my account is being used by somebody else I don't know. Recently my spotify on phone and laptop has been acting up. It does things such as: Skips the song randomly Plays a differ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstall bugged on Windows 10 and musics without the art

I tried to reinstall deleting the Spotify folder but didn't solved. Neither restarting the computer.

• Visitor
  • I tried to reinstall deleting the Spotify folder but didn't solved. Neither restarting the computer.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to remove Spotify.

I tried deleting it and IT IS STILL THERE. I mean, everytime I open my Windows it just shows up on start up. I don't want Spotify on my Windows 10. I tried the Control Panel trick and it didn't work because I had it deleted normally with the Right Cl...

• I tried deleting it and IT IS STILL THERE. I mean, everytime I open my Windows it just shows up on start up. I don't want Spotify on my Windows 10. I tried the Control Panel trick and it didn't work ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops when switching from local file to streaming file

Hey everyone !I have this weird bug, which doesn't happen every time but very often :When Spotify is reading a playlist where I have a mix of local files and "normal" streaming files, it stops when switching from a local file to a streaming file, or ...

• Roadie
  • Hey everyone ! I have this weird bug, which doesn't happen every time but very often : When Spotify is reading a playlist where I have a mix of local files and "normal" streaming files, it stops wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

our country does not match the one set in your profile.

I have some problem on logining window spotify software. It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To contuine to use UPDATE YOUR PROFILE or UPGRADE YOUR SPOTIFY ACCOUNT." , well i live in Taiwan but i use VPN to set my countr...

• I have some problem on logining window spotify software. It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To contuine to use UPDATE YOUR PROFILE or UPGRADE YOUR SPOTIFY ACCOUNT." , w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Title Autocorrect

Hi,I've been adding some local files that aren't on spotify into my spotify playlist but when I do, it autocorrects to a different song by the same artist.I was adding a song called "Angel" (one that isn't on spotify) and it autocorrected the title t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been adding some local files that aren't on spotify into my spotify playlist but when I do, it autocorrects to a different song by the same artist. I was adding a song called "Angel" (one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify app on roku

I notice the spotify app is no longer available on I just suscribe for spotify music. So in the furture will the app be available again on roku.

• I notice the spotify app is no longer available on I just suscribe for spotify music. So in the furture will the app be available again on roku.
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes