Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

program wont open on laptop

The problem just started this morning. I tried to open the program like I do most days. It comes up for a second and leaves. I restarted my computer several times and everything else is working. Right now I'm stuck listening to my music on grove inst...

• The problem just started this morning.  I tried to open the program like I do most days.  It comes up for a second and leaves.  I restarted my computer several times and everything els...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play songs from Alice Merton

Hello. I am not sure about other artists, but i faced this problem with this artist. I just can't find her in search, but I can do this in Google, find the song, but pressing "Play" button does nothing. Any ideas?

• Hello. I am not sure about other artists, but i faced this problem with this artist. I just can't find her in search, but I can do this in Google, find the song, but pressing "Play" button does nothi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 problem

Hi! I upgraded to Windows 10 today and have been having an issue with the client. Everything functions properly, except when my Spotify window is open, thin blue lines appear across my screen and the screen flickers on and off. This issue ceases to e...

• Hi!  I upgraded to Windows 10 today and have been having an issue with the client. Everything functions properly, except when my Spotify window is open, thin blue lines appear across my scree...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

local files on new pc

I play a lot of local files on my laptop. And I want to keep doing so when I get a new one. I will transfer all local files onto the new pc. Will spotify be able to play local files as I am used to or will I have to re-add all 100+ files manually?

• Roadie
  • I play a lot of local files on my laptop. And I want to keep doing so when I get a new one. I will transfer all local files onto the new pc. Will spotify be able to play local files as I am used to o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening?

Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening? I download the exe file and after a minute or so the black screen of death appears and the application, "honks". Yes, I said "honks" like a sick duck what the **bleep**.

• Casual Listener
  • Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening? I download the exe file and after a minute or so the black screen of death appears and the application, "honks". Yes, I said "honks" like a sick ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play after commercial

I'm currently using Spotify Free. A commercial for Amazon's Echo Dot played and my player has stopped working completely. I've tried logging out and logging in several times. The playlist, track and albums will appear in my recently played list but n...

• I'm currently using Spotify Free.   A commercial for Amazon's Echo Dot played and my player has stopped working completely. I've tried logging out and logging in several times.   The pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Free on PC,But not on Phone!

So what happend,i download Spotify on Pc and i can lisen all songs for free without problem i connect to Facebook and i didnt pay any premium. But on Phone i must have premium to lisen songs? Whys taht will they charge me on pc somehow?

• So what happend,i download Spotify on Pc and i can lisen all songs for free without problem i connect to Facebook and i didnt pay any premium.  But on Phone i must have premium to lisen songs?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Right-click on now-playing in queue doesn't allow add to playlist - Windows desktop

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I would like to be able to right click on the song that is currently playing in my queue and add it to a playlist while I listen on my Windows desktop app. I understand that I can right-click the currently ...

• Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I would like to be able to right click on the song that is currently playing in my queue and add it to a playlist while I listen on my Windows desktop app....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle between more than one album

Hi, weird behaviour. I created a playlist with 2 albums from 1 artist. I want to shuffle this shizzle, but shuffle only shuffles between the songs of one album. After this it continues playing the next album and then shuffles only the songs from the ...

• Hi,   weird behaviour. I created a playlist with 2 albums from 1 artist.   I want to shuffle this shizzle, but shuffle only shuffles between the songs of one album. After this it contin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The app has quit working on Windows 8.1.

The app used to work no problems. Now it begins to open i.e. meaning the window opens with menu bar across the top but the rest of the window is black and none of the familiar interface ever loads. There is a constant chiming sound as if a error is o...

• The app used to work no problems. Now it begins to open i.e. meaning the window opens with menu bar across the top but the rest of the window is black and none of the familiar interface ever loads. T...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Webplayer won't play music. Just skips song.

Using Chrome and the webplayer to listen to music at work, but it won't work. When I select the top song in a playlist it just skips tracks and doesn't play anything. Tried other browsers (Edge and IE) and signed out and back in several times.

• Using Chrome and the webplayer to listen to music at work, but it won't work. When I select the top song in a playlist it just skips tracks and doesn't play anything. Tried other browsers (Edge and I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not avaible

Hello, i got the problem that with every song its saying: Song not avaible. If you have the file on your pc, you can import it.... I really hate it. Did a reinstall, didnt work.

• Hello, i got the problem that with every song its saying: Song not avaible. If you have the file on your pc, you can import it.... I really hate it. Did a reinstall, didnt work. 
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All my songs and playlist disappeared

from one day to other my account automatically signed off and now that i just sign in all my songs and playlist disappeared, someone help me please

• from one day to other my account automatically signed off and now that i just sign in all my songs and playlist disappeared, someone help me please
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

freshly installed Spotify Desktop App does not work properly (and the usual steps don't help)

Hello,after installing the spotify app on my new windows 10 laptop using the spotify.exe file from the website (https://www.spotify.com/de/download/windows/) the app does not work at all. When I open it, it looks like the screenshot attached! So ever...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, after installing the spotify app on my new windows 10 laptop using the spotify.exe file from the website (https://www.spotify.com/de/download/windows/) the app does not work at all. When I op...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

can't delete a playlist

im tryin to delete a playlist, but it's still around.

• Regular
  • im tryin to delete a playlist, but it's still around.
  • reactreality101
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts automatically even thouhg its disabled HELP!

Hello, my Spotify desktop application starts automatically with my system but its turned off in the preferences. It doesnt show up in the autostart section in the task manager. What can i do? Its really annoying. I already reinstalled Spotify but the...

• Hello,   my Spotify desktop application starts automatically with my system but its turned off in the preferences. It doesnt show up in the autostart section in the task manager. What can i do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find downloaded music

I'm a new premium member. My settings specify my Offline Songs Storage is C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage. I downloaded an album and it appears in my "Your Library" in the Windows Spotify app. But there's nothing more than a 2 KB index.dat fi...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a new premium member.  My settings specify my Offline Songs Storage is C:\Users\<my logon ID>\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage.  I downloaded an album and it appears in my "Your Libr...
  • blmuzzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution This track is not available for all tracks

Hello. Two days ago out of the blue Spotify desktop app started showing "This track is not available" for all the tracks.I have basically tried all the tips to remedy this problem but without any success.I did:- removed sound drivers- disabled and re...

• Regular
  • Hello.     Two days ago out of the blue Spotify desktop app started showing "This track is not available" for all the tracks. I have basically tried all the tips to remedy this problem ...
  • Flea5150
  • Regular
  • 144 replies
  • 22 likes
  • Windows
  • 144 replies
  • 22 likes

no es posible reproducir la cancion actual

Hola, me he registrado en spotify con una version de prueba de 3 meses de spotify premium. No me deja reproducir ninguna cancion y me sale el siguiente mensaje en azul arriba: no es posible reproducir la cancion actual. He reinstalado varias veces el...

• Hola, me he registrado en spotify con una version de prueba de 3 meses de spotify premium. No me deja reproducir ninguna cancion y me sale el siguiente mensaje en azul arriba: no es posible reproduci...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes